Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P67 Extreme4 Intermittent USB functionality

Default P67 Extreme4 Intermittent USB functionality

So I built my computer a couple months ago. Things seemed to be going well with only a couple software bugs to work out. After a month, there was a thunderstorm. It was farrrr away. I saw some lightning blink and managed to count to 5 before I heard it, meaning the lightning struck a mile away from me.

That was close enough.

As soon as that happened, my rear USB 3.0 ports stopped working. By the next day and several reboots later, they seemed to be working again. The problem is that now *all* my rear USB ports seem to be having trouble. Different ports just stop working randomly through the day. I just sit here and hear the "disconnect" sound play every half hour or so. This screws me up sometimes. My keyboard stopped working a couple times and I had to reboot to get it back. I was trying to print something yesterday and the printer lost connection halfway through the printing. This problem is quite annoying.

I've googled that a few others are having USB port troubles as well. Some have suggested tweaking bios settings, others removing any extension cables. (I am using two extension cables, but not for my printer!) Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this? Did my board get smoked by lightning that was a mile away? That seems overly sensitive....

Default Re: P67 Extreme4 Intermittent USB functionality

Try latest driver for EtronTech USB 3.0 controller
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Default Re: P67 Extreme4 Intermittent USB functionality

I think I'm zeroing in on what's happening now.... It was a nice try reinstalling the drivers, I didn't think to try that.

I've noticed that I seem to hear the disconnect sound when something else electronic is happening. For example, if my refrigerator hooked into a nearby outlet cycles on or off. I also hear it if my cordless phone is syncing up with the base. So I think it's a combination of a power drain and induction problem. I'm going to try reorgazing my cables and switching some outlets around. Just moving my phone to another spot in my room already improved the situation.

Thread Information