Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 419

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---




  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Moggy View Post
    Hmm. I just installed this beta BIOS, cleared the CMOS and loaded the defaults, and the only obvious change is that instead of Vcore being set to "Auto", it is now set to "Fixed" @ 1.190V just like the OP suggested.
    Moggy, thx. so much for doing the trial and tell us the change. If Asrock really fix the freeze/BSOD by merely adjusting Vcore to 1.19V, it is really disappointing since the CPU dun really need so much voltage at idle/low load situation.

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North of Chicago, USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    No, thank you all for the info. I'd almost given up on this system.

    For reference, here's what I have:
    Intel Core i3-2105 CPU
    Asrock X68 Extreme4 motherboard
    Gskill 8GB (2x4GB) RAM, 8-8-8-24
    Western Digital HDD, 640GB on X68 SATA II

    Things that didn't work:
    Upgrading the BIOS from (I think) 1.30 to 1.50 and 1.60
    Swapping RAM and messing with timings
    Installing a fresh second copy of Windows
    Changing the power supply

    The only thing that made it stable was installing an ATI Radeon 4770 video card, but that wasn't an acceptable solution. The main reason I bought this particular CPU was to lower power usage and noise since I'd only be using it for web surfing, watching videos and occasional coding. Currently I'm using the beta BIOS which sets Vcore at 1.190V. It hasn't crashed yet, but I won't call it stable until it's run for over a week.

    I have not tried overclocking it, and I haven't used the SATA III ports. I haven't tried the Virtu or AXTU programs either. Hope this info helps.

  3. #143
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    I am having the same problem

    - ASRock Z64 Extreme 4
    - I5-2500k
    - not overclocked
    - windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    - 2x4gb corsair vengeance 1600 cl9 ram
    - 1x SSD (crucial m4 128gb)
    - 1x samsung f4 2tb
    - 1 x hitachi 2tb
    - 1 x seagate 1.5tb
    - 1 x hitachi 500gb
    - PNY geforce 460gtx

    I am using both discrete (connected to 1xmonitor and 1xTV, using DVI and HDMI) and igp (connected to 1 monitor via VGA)

    Sad thing is, I already RMA-ed my board on the 1st day as it came with faulty DIMM slots.

    Now this problem...

    I am unable to return this board and an RMA would not solve this.

    Am trying the fixed vcore solution now, however even if it fixes the problem, It is the wrong way, as it removes a function of the board+cpu that was meant to work in the first place.

    This is my first ASRock board, but is my last.

    Hope more people read about this and NOT buy this board. I will do my best to publicise this information.


    UPDATE: Fixed VCore(1.20v) didnt work for me. Just got a BSOD after 3 hours whilst playing starcraft2
    Last edited by ugene; 08-23-2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: -posting results of setting fixed vcore

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Same here, with Bios ver. 1.6.

    I'm getiing BSOD every 3 days, or "just" freezing,
    if i'm increasing memory from 1.5 to 1.525/1.550.

    Iv'e updated to Bios ver. 1.7 today, so I'll see if there is a change.

    My configuration:
    Second Asrock Z68 Extreme mobo (first RMAed, without any change)
    i2500K CPU
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Corsair F60 SSD
    G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 2x4GB 1333Mhz CL 7-7-7-21
    Onboard Intel GMA HD 2000/3000 Graphic Card
    Never overcloked
    Corsair 650W PSU

    From what i've read, many of BSOD are coused by SSD drive, and not mobo,
    but some of you don't use SSD, so I don't know what to think.

    This is my first Asrock.
    I'm thinking about selling my Asrock Z68 Extreme and buy somthing else.

    I'll loose a lot of money here, as I paid max price when it was just out a few
    monthes ago, but I can't used that Pc like that anymore.

    I had a 7 years PC before that, and I never had Blue screen for 7 years.

    Asrock must be much more effective finding solution.
    Their new 1.7 Bios update page, says nothing about fixing this BSOD or freezing issue.
    They just saying: "Support XMP ver. 1.3":
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series Extreme4&o=BIOS

  5. #145
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Hi

    I found success/stability with CPU Voltage set to "Offset" at +0.7volts (tested for 3days so far)

    You can try that too

    Please also adjust your dimm voltage back to 1.5volts, nothing wrong with ram voltages, issue is with CPU voltages


    -Eugene

    Quote Originally Posted by Namrur View Post
    Same here, with Bios ver. 1.6.

    I'm getiing BSOD every 3 days, or "just" freezing,
    if i'm increasing memory from 1.5 to 1.525/1.550.

    Iv'e updated to Bios ver. 1.7 today, so I'll see if there is a change.

    My configuration:
    Second Asrock Z68 Extreme mobo (first RMAed, without any change)
    i2500K CPU
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Corsair F60 SSD
    G.Skill Ripjaws-X DDR3 2x4GB 1333Mhz CL 7-7-7-21
    Onboard Intel GMA HD 2000/3000 Graphic Card
    Never overcloked
    Corsair 650W PSU

    From what i've read, many of BSOD are coused by SSD drive, and not mobo,
    but some of you don't use SSD, so I don't know what to think.

    This is my first Asrock.
    I'm thinking about selling my Asrock Z68 Extreme and buy somthing else.

    I'll loose a lot of money here, as I paid max price when it was just out a few
    monthes ago, but I can't used that Pc like that anymore.

    I had a 7 years PC before that, and I never had Blue screen for 7 years.

    Asrock must be much more effective finding solution.
    Their new 1.7 Bios update page, says nothing about fixing this BSOD or freezing issue.
    They just saying: "Support XMP ver. 1.3":
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series Extreme4&o=BIOS

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by ugene View Post
    Hi

    I found success/stability with CPU Voltage set to "Offset" at +0.7volts (tested for 3days so far)

    You can try that too

    Please also adjust your dimm voltage back to 1.5volts, nothing wrong with ram voltages, issue is with CPU voltages


    -Eugene
    What is more safe, to use "Offset" +0.7 or to put "fixed" vcore of 1.190 as I was reading here?

    Bios says there isn't warrnaty. It's not clear why this board should be tweaked to work properly,
    while other same chipset board are working just fine with i2500K.

    That is just in case it's moto issue, and not an SSD one. But after some members here wrote they
    don't use SSD, and others just changed their board and everything is working fine for them now,
    I think it's most reasonable that is an Asrock mobo issue.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    panama
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    I set vcore to fixed and 0.70 and that fixed the BSOD but im still having the freeze at least once a week....it happens when i scroll up or down xD


    So to fix the freeze i need to buy a video card ?

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Namrur View Post
    What is more safe, to use "Offset" +0.7 or to put "fixed" vcore of 1.190 as I was reading here?
    I think you mean an offset of +0.07v not +0.7v! Personally, I think using the lowest fixed vcore that is stable is the way to go. My system is currently stable at 1.13v but each system needs to be tested to find the best Vcore. This is a real kludge, Asrock should acknowledge the problem and come up with a real fix.
    EMILY, ARE YOU LISTENING?

    Bios says there isn't warrnaty. It's not clear why this board should be tweaked to work properly,
    while other same chipset board are working just fine with i2500K.

    That is just in case it's moto issue, and not an SSD one. But after some members here wrote they
    don't use SSD, and others just changed their board and everything is working fine for them now,
    I think it's most reasonable that is an Asrock mobo issue.
    I think it's a power management problem with the design of the board. It may be fixable with a BIOS upgrade (a REAL fix, ie, being able to set Vcore to "Auto") or it may require some hardware mod. Asrock's 1.60G BIOS (in beta section) implements a quick fix by upping Vcore to 1.19 (which is, for most, way more than needed). I do not know if their latest release BIOS (1.70) does the same, as the description of the 1.70 BIOS is insufficient to tell us what exactly they did. Maybe the problem lies in an early batch of MBs or maybe it's endemic to the Extreme4 (and possibly other boards as well).

    Asrock is letting the ball drop by not acknowledging the problem and keeping the user community informed. Until they take ownership of the issue, explain the problem(s) and provide a real fix, I will not buy another Asrock product nor will I recommend them to clients.

    EMILY, ARE YOU LISTENING?
    Last edited by uszkanni; 08-28-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: typos and clarity

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    48

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by afrojavi View Post
    I set vcore to fixed and 0.70 and that fixed the BSOD but im still having the freeze at least once a week....it happens when i scroll up or down xD


    So to fix the freeze i need to buy a video card ?
    Are you really setting the Vcore to a fixed 0.70v? That sounds waaaay too low! I believe Sandy Bridge default Vcore is 1.05 (though some people report running ok on an ASUS board at 0.9 or 0.95 - forget which).

    FWIW, I am using the onboard graphics and my system is currently stable with a fixed Vcore of 1.13. My system is not stable with Vcore set to "Auto" or at a fixed 1.05v.

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    in extreme4 GEN 3 also confirms this problem?

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •