Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Hi,

Same sad history since day 1 with z68-extreme-4. After contacting support I was oriented to check memory with MEMTEST86 and update bios to 1.6 beta. It not worked. I replied to support and got the following answer:

"
    After you have update the BIOs with Beta version and still have some blue screen problems ,please contact your vendor and return it.

ASRock America Support
    "

For sure I will return BUT get another mobo from another vendor. Very, very poor after-sales service from ASRock.

Because I have a OCZ Vertex 3 SSD and it has the similar BSOD/freeze issues I followed their guide to clear CMOS after flash BIOS. Even if you don't have SSD it would help to clear CMOS just in case you have an Intel Management Engine CMOS corruption.
    MB : Asrock z68 Extreme4 ,BIOS v1.60H
    CPU : i7-2600K
    RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH (4x4GB)
    PSU : OCZ ModXStream-Pro 700W
    SSD : OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-60G

> so which version users should use?
    > because there are two version
    > 1.70 and the beta L1.60I

Da_Man, I still get the blue screen with 1.70. YMMV. I haven't tried L1.60I yet.

I once again tried setting everything on default (using Bios 1.6) and thought the system was running fine...and it went... until 5 mins ago.

here is more info: when the PC freezes, the piece of music you listened to is stuck in a buffer loop and gets repeated. first it is a loop of ~1 sec length for about 2-3 secs.
    then its a .4 sec loop for about 3 secs.
    then its an indefinite loop of 0.05 sec until you panically switch the pc off.

however... this time it was interesting... before this happened, the music was just stuck and stuttered a bit...like a distortion when someone rapidly adjusts the analogue volume wheel on old HIFI players....then the music (and pc) went on normally for 5 seconds....then the scenario mentioned above happened and it crashed again. it was something like a premature crash lol.

well I already contaced my vendor and this junk board is going back tomorrow. Hope I will have the replacement by the next week so I can tell if it is the board/brand.
    Last edited by h8asus; 08-31-2011 at 05:14 AM.

I note that langthang's BIOS display not only shows Vcore at 1.184 but also shows Power Saving mode is Disabled.

Vcore as shown in BIOS display is 1.184v but CPU-Z shows only 0.95v, makes me wonder why there is such a large discrepancy. I noted in an earlier post that my Vcore's (as measured by CPU-Z) decreased as RAM modules were added and that I had some concerns about power draws via the fan headers (my Corsair H60 draws 24W = 2 amps at 12v).

I wonder if langthang would like to run a couple of tests for us

It would be interesting to see if his/her system was still stable with Power Saving mode enabled.

Langthang has 4 DIMMs (as do I) but the memory is running at 1.6v while mine runs at 1.5v. Perhaps the added power draw is bringing down Vcore more than what I've seen in my system? It would be interesting to see Vcore's with only 2 or even 1 DIMM module installed.

I wonder if langthang's system is only barely stable. With Vcore at 0.95 it's pretty close to the Sandy Bridge spec's minimum.

I've had a problem or two with BSOD, but mainly have just been having the system permanently hang at times. Just upgraded the bios to 1.7, and updated all my drivers and am hoping I have no more problems.

I never saw anyone state that they were having this problem with a external video card in place. So if my fixes so far don't work will a separate video card solve my problems?

Quote Originally Posted by uszkanni View Post
    I note that langthang's BIOS display not only shows Vcore at 1.184 but also shows Power Saving mode is Disabled.

Vcore as shown in BIOS display is 1.184v but CPU-Z shows only 0.95v, makes me wonder why there is such a large discrepancy. I noted in an earlier post that my Vcore's (as measured by CPU-Z) decreased as RAM modules were added and that I had some concerns about power draws via the fan headers (my Corsair H60 draws 24W = 2 amps at 12v).

It would be interesting to see if his/her system was still stable with Power Saving mode enabled.

Langthang has 4 DIMMs (as do I) but the memory is running at 1.6v while mine runs at 1.5v. Perhaps the added power draw is bringing down Vcore more than what I've seen in my system? It would be interesting to see Vcore's with only 2 or even 1 DIMM module installed.

I wonder if langthang's system is only barely stable. With Vcore at 0.95 it's pretty close to the Sandy Bridge spec's minimum.
    uszkanni, would you mind telling me what is the difference between this 'power saving mode' item in BIOS and other C-state items? Actually I dunno much about this feature and there is no details in the manual about this feature.

BTW, I am still testing my asrock extreme4 and I still suffered from the mysterious freeze/BSOD (x101 error code) in low load condition, even in default 2600k speed or o/c to 4.4GHz up to bios 1.60. Whatever I adjusted e.g. IGPU/Vcore (offset mode upto +0.3v)/IGPU Vdroop/LLC, there was problem and I noticed that Vcore shown from Asrock Extreme Tuner could sometimes drop to <0.95V, or even 0.93V despite that the power saving mode was disabled (but C-states were enabled).

But I noticed one thing a few days ago is if I o/c to 4.3GHz using Vcore offset mode +0.005V at LLC5, the lowest Vcore read from Asrock Extreme Tuner is about 0.97V and most of the times is around 1V at low load condition. I need more time to see whether my m/c is stable all the time and I will tell you all later.

i wish i can return it also, perhaps asrock can facilitate me on this, as in here there is no way for me to return it, probably exchange with the same type but no return,
    anyway good luck with your new board, and please lets us know if u still have bsod problem with the new different brand mobo

Quote Originally Posted by pwil View Post
    Hi,

Same sad history since day 1 with z68-extreme-4. After contacting support I was oriented to check memory with MEMTEST86 and update bios to 1.6 beta. It not worked. I replied to support and got the following answer:

"
    After you have update the BIOs with Beta version and still have some blue screen problems ,please contact your vendor and return it.

ASRock America Support
    "

For sure I will return BUT get another mobo from another vendor. Very, very poor after-sales service from ASRock.

Upgraded to 1.60I today, will let you know how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by dasi View Post
    > so which version users should use?
    > because there are two version
    > 1.70 and the beta L1.60I

Da_Man, I still get the blue screen with 1.70. YMMV. I haven't tried L1.60I yet.
    which 1.6 bios did you use?
    cause there are 3 different one, the official 1.6 (latest 1.7) and the beta 1.6 (latest 1.6I)
    for the beta you can get it here ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme4 > Download

anyway let us now when you get the new board :)

Quote Originally Posted by h8asus View Post
    I once again tried setting everything on default (using Bios 1.6) and thought the system was running fine...and it went... until 5 mins ago.

well I already contaced my vendor and this junk board is going back tomorrow. Hope I will have the replacement by the next week so I can tell if it is the board/brand.
    i forget to check this one on the old official 1.6 bios, but i think its disabled also (anyone can confirm?), the difference between uefi/bios and cpuz is because the cpu use the max frequencies when on the bios that is why it show 1.184v (Mine 1.128v on bios 1.60I), and in cpuz because c-state is enabled it will downlock the multiplier and voltage when idle, that's why it show 0.95v in langthang screenshot because the multiplier is lowered to x16, when the processor is maxed then the voltage will increase accordingly

i also don't know what the different between power saving and cstate, as c-state reduce the voltage when idle mean it save power also. perhaps some expert can elaborate on this, also it is possible the bsod is related to the c-state as just like you say perhaps the c-state lowered the voltage to much, i also haven't tried to disable c-state from the beginning

anyway today i have upgraded to the beta 1.60I, and left the voltage to auto, will see how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by uszkanni View Post

for me when trying with external vga card it solve the bsod problem but still have the freezing issue, but someone here said using external card fixed the issue for them, so if you still have bsod after upgrading the bios, i think it more wiser to borrow the vga first from your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jubb42 View Post
    I've had a problem or two with BSOD, but mainly have just been having the system permanently hang at times. Just upgraded the bios to 1.7, and updated all my drivers and am hoping I have no more problems.

I never saw anyone state that they were having this problem with a external video card in place. So if my fixes so far don't work will a separate video card solve my problems?

just a reminder that when you overclock you will definitely need to increase the voltage, 4,3ghz with only Vcore offset mode +0.005V is not enough, try google i7 2600k overclock guide

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post

But I noticed one thing a few days ago is if I o/c to 4.3GHz using Vcore offset mode +0.005V at LLC5, the lowest Vcore read from Asrock Extreme Tuner is about 0.97V and most of the times is around 1V at low load condition. I need more time to see whether my m/c is stable all the time and I will tell you all later.

The blue screen also occurs with L1.60I. It looks like the only way to run this board stably is to do what L1.60G does and set the core voltage to 1.19 V.

According to the manual, the default setting for Power Saving Mode is disabled.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information