Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man View Post
    just a reminder that when you overclock you will definitely need to increase the voltage, 4,3ghz with only Vcore offset mode +0.005V is not enough, try google i7 2600k overclock guide
    Thank you so much for your advice. I did some reading before o/c ready. Since my CPU could run Prime95 (FFT test) at o/c 4.4ghz even at offset -0.025V (i.e. net Vcore of about 1.24-25V) without any problem but it sometimes froze at low load situation (even at offset +0.03V), I am more concerned about the Vcore/freeze problem.

pretty much the same here, just had the bsod with 1.60I bios couple mins ago
    if asrock needed the minidump here you go 090211-19780-01.zip

guess will set the vcore manually to 1.190 again >_>
    i doubt updating to 1.7 fix the bsod issue since you already tried them and still bsod

Quote Originally Posted by dasi View Post
    The blue screen also occurs with L1.60I. It looks like the only way to run this board stably is to do what L1.60G does and set the core voltage to 1.19 V.

According to the manual, the default setting for Power Saving Mode is disabled.

Thumbs down Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Hey-hey,

Quite a community of anguish here. I registered to join the fun :)

Also bought this MB (mostly thanks to good review from Tom's Hardware - we should go post there to put more pressure on ASRock).

Same problem. So far almost all times it just freezes. Only had one BSOD. Which gave me the correct keywords in Google to find this thread.

Two days ago i set IGPU to +50mw. That helped somewhat. I thought it was fixed already but today had another freeze.
    So now i set also CPU core to +0.050V. Will see if that does it.
    Would really hate to set fixed values.

No overclocking otherwise.
    Using onboard graphics (until my real card arrives).
    BIOS version 1.6 release.

Also placed a support request to ASRock but other than the automated reply have had no response.

update for me:
    bios 1.50 all auto
    intel 2600k
    8gb corsair cl8
    ssd intel 510

after the first freeze about 4 weeks ago, today a new bsod 101........., i using only for surfing on internet in this moment so prabably i dont have many freeze or bsod , but i think 18 page of thread, about 2 month and 0 real solution.....

Updated to 1.7. Now not freezing anymore but getting the BSOD. I didn't see anyone responde saying this problem can be solved by adding a video card. I can afford a reasonable video card to get rid of this headache.

yeah i also bought it because toms recommend it and it has many sata port, i also had no response from asrock support
    a bit of mind boggling of why asrock not working with us to fix this issue, its already 3 month since this thread posted, and it has over 19000 view and a lot of people have the same problem

what we know is that the bsod/freezes doesn't happen while its in full load (as i stress test and it complete 100%)
    the issue always happen during idle/no load (like watching movie, internet, dll)
    all poster here have different brand of ram, psu, harddrive (sata or ssd)
    the only similarity is all poster have the same motherboard asrock z68 extreme 4, no external vga card and using intel i5 either or i7
    so its almost impossible the issue is because the ram or psu

although the bsod 101 means it need more vcore when overclocking, but i and plenty users here doesn't overclock yet and using stock speed

gonna do more thorough test using the 1.60 beta
    so far what i test using 1.60I beta bios
    is it doesn't fixed the bsod issue

also tried changing Load line calibration from auto (level 5) to level 2, no bsod but the os freeze

right now testing offset +0.050V same as you

if still having problem i will test this
    1. c3 and c6 states disable
    2. LLC level 1
    3. Intel Speedstep disable
    4. Offset +0.070v

i really hope asrock doesn't just ignore this issue and if need more info, people here including me will try to help

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    Hey-hey,

Quite a community of anguish here. I registered to join the fun :)

Also bought this MB (mostly thanks to good review from Tom's Hardware - we should go post there to put more pressure on ASRock).

Same problem. So far almost all times it just freezes. Only had one BSOD. Which gave me the correct keywords in Google to find this thread.

Two days ago i set IGPU to +50mw. That helped somewhat. I thought it was fixed already but today had another freeze.
    So now i set also CPU core to +0.050V. Will see if that does it.
    Would really hate to set fixed values.

No overclocking otherwise.
    Using onboard graphics (until my real card arrives).
    BIOS version 1.6 release.

Also placed a support request to ASRock but other than the automated reply have had no response.
    couple poster said by adding vga card solved the issue for him, i forget which page, for me when testing with nvidia 9500gt, the bsod gone but still has freezing problem, before you buy a video card i suggest you to try it first, probably by borrowing from your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by jubb42 View Post
    Updated to 1.7. Now not freezing anymore but getting the BSOD. I didn't see anyone responde saying this problem can be solved by adding a video card. I can afford a reasonable video card to get rid of this headache.
    Last edited by Da_Man; 09-03-2011 at 11:32 AM.

i agree setting the vcore manually to fixed value of 1.190 is not a real solution,
    because the vcore will always be forced to 1.190 even when idle,

as if we leave the vcore to auto, it will lower the voltage when idle which in turn reduce heat and make the processor more durable,
    that what it supposed to do.

edit:
    just had another bsod with offset +0.050
    have increased it to +0.070 and now the voltage when idle 1.008 to 1.218 when full load
    waiting for the next bsod :D

anyway minidump hereMinidump.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoniae View Post
    update for me:
    bios 1.50 all auto
    intel 2600k
    8gb corsair cl8
    ssd intel 510

after the first freeze about 4 weeks ago, today a new bsod 101........., i using only for surfing on internet in this moment so prabably i dont have many freeze or bsod , but i think 18 page of thread, about 2 month and 0 real solution.....
    Last edited by Da_Man; 09-03-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    uszkanni, would you mind telling me what is the difference between this 'power saving mode' item in BIOS and other C-state items? Actually I dunno much about this feature and there is no details in the manual about this feature.
    Dolpli,
    Not claiming to be an expert or anything, but I did a test, setting PSM to "Enabled" and noted a couple of changes in the BIOS. The max CPU multiplier was set to "Manual" (or something like that) with a value of 16 and Intel SpeedStep was disabled. There may have been other changes as well, but I didn't notice any offhand. CPU-Z didn't see this and still showed my CPU multiplier alternating between 16 and 34-36. Interestingly, I tried to use AXTU to increase the multiplier and even though it showed a higher multiplier, there was no rise in CPU temps while running Prime95, even up to a multiplier of 50, so I believe that CPU speeds were, in fact, being limited. If not, I've got one hell of an i7!

Da-Man,
    I can confirm that the release 1.60 version of the BIOS has PSM set to "Disabled" by default.

To all, just a datapoint:
    I am currently running with a fixed Vcore of 1.115v; anything less causes a system freeze (which can occur very quickly) while CPU is "idling." I also set LLC to 4. I am using the onboard video (though the BIOS is set to PCI-E as the default video card). BIOS is the 1.60 release version. My system has been stable for about 2 weeks now.

just had another bsod with offset +0.070
    gonna test what uzkanni said

so far with 1.60I bios

Everything else set to default except Storage to AHCI

1. All default except storage to AHCI -> BSOD
    2. Vcore Offset set to +0.050V -> BSOD
    3. LLC Level 2 -> Freeze
    4. Vcore Offset set to +0.070 (vcore 1.008 when idle to 1.218 when full load)-> BSOD
    5. LLC Level 1 -> BSOD
    6. LLC Level 1 + Igpu +50mV -> BSOD
    7. Fixed vcore 1.115v -> Testing Now
    8. Fixed vcore 1.115v with LLC level 4 -> Not Yet Tested
    9. c3 and c6 states disable -> Not Yet Tested
    10.Intel Speedstep disable -> Not Yet Tested
    11. Trash the motherboard -> Not Yet Tested

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man View Post
    just had another bsod with offset +0.070
    gonna test what uzkanni said

4. Vcore Offset set to +0.070 (vcore 1.008 when idle to 1.218 when full load)-> BSOD
    On my system, Vcore (as reported by CPU-Z) on idle ranges from 1.088 to 1.104. On full load (Prime95), Vcore ranges from 1.056 to 1.072.

I assume you are monitoring your temps. My idle temps are about 2-3 degrees above ambient while idle (running around 28C) and get to about 47C under full load.

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information