Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I have two computers with Z68 Extreme4 and both have stability problems with BSOD and freezes. I overclock the first computer with i7 2600K to 4.4 GHz and the second computer with i5 2500K is OC:d to 4.2GHz (The OC is not the problem here, since the problems occur also on stock speed). Both computers use internal GPU and run Windows 7 64-bit.

On the first computer, I used to have the BSOD problem but they disappeared when i updated to BIOS 1.60. The second computer has had one BSOD with BIOS 1.60, so this problem is not completely solved.

Both computers have problems with freezes where the computer suddenly locks up totally, no BSOD, mouse and keyboard freezes. I have a drive led that normally blinks with 1 Hz which stops blinking when I have a freeze, as if the CPU just halts. These freezes always occur at light load and when I move the mouse. I have disabled the Etron USB 3.0 chip in BIOS and have uninstalled the Etron drivers and I thought for awhile I had solved it, but the freezes still occur. These freezes can occur in any program (Windows Explorer, Word 97, Photoshop CS5, and so onů), but often seem to happen in Photoshop then painting with a brush. ALWAYS when moving the mouse! Never when just updating the screen, like when watching a movie. The freeze might still be connected to the internal GPU, but there is definitely also some kind of connection to moving the mouse.

I have the feeling that the two problems (BSOD:s and freezes) are two separate problems, but I cannot be sure.

I also have a problem with occasionally loosing the display signal on the displayport when switching users in Windows (when logon screen should be displayed). This forces me to reset the computer. I will start another thread on this.

The Z68 Extreme4 is a very complicated piece of hardware, and we all understand that there might be problems in the start. But these problems have now gone on for many months. ASRock does not respond to support messages (has anyone ever received any kind of support from ASRock?). Patience is running out. ASRock releases new boards one after the other trying to attract new customers, but seems to ignore the customers they already have. That is unacceptable. If ASRock does not get its act together really soon now and solve these problems, I think we all should start posting on other sites in order to spread the word on ASRock:s totally unacceptable behavior. I wish somebody had told me about ASRock before I bought this motherboard.

Still using Fixed vcore 1.115v as your advice (LLC still set to auto (level 5)), no bsod yet in these 2 days,
    if still no bsod, i will try to lower the vcore a bit, to test if it can be lower or not.
    but my opinion still stand, if you OC and using fixed vcore that is fine, but not when you using stock speed

that nice temp you got there, my pc run much hotter, idle is about 40-42C, its been a while testing with prime but i think its a bout 60-68c

Quote Originally Posted by uszkanni View Post
    On my system, Vcore (as reported by CPU-Z) on idle ranges from 1.088 to 1.104. On full load (Prime95), Vcore ranges from 1.056 to 1.072.

I assume you are monitoring your temps. My idle temps are about 2-3 degrees above ambient while idle (running around 28C) and get to about 47C under full load.
    yup it seem it happen when you try to move the mouse, usually when i watching a movie and trying to pause it to browse a site, (the same feeling like when you wake up the pc after suspend,) the mouse hang a bit then boom the pc freeze/bsod

and yeah like i said in the first post zero support from asrock, the tsd here does reply for a few times, but blaming the ram when the users use different brand/type, seem stretch it/impossible

perhaps we should make an email template, with the list of our asrock serial number (the one that printed on the mb). and each person email it to the asrock support.

couple days ago, i already ask Tom's Hardware help to investigate the bsod and make an article of it ( Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 - Future-Article-Ideas - TG-Sites-Feedback )
    so if someone have an account there, maybe you can +1 to that post so toms know that many people are having those bsod.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_H View Post
    I have two computers with Z68 Extreme4 and both have stability problems with BSOD and freezes. I overclock the first computer with i7 2600K to 4.4 GHz and the second computer with i5 2500K is OC:d to 4.2GHz (The OC is not the problem here, since the problems occur also on stock speed). Both computers use internal GPU and run Windows 7 64-bit.

On the first computer, I used to have the BSOD problem but they disappeared when i updated to BIOS 1.60. The second computer has had one BSOD with BIOS 1.60, so this problem is not completely solved.

The Z68 Extreme4 is a very complicated piece of hardware, and we all understand that there might be problems in the start. But these problems have now gone on for many months. ASRock does not respond to support messages (has anyone ever received any kind of support from ASRock?). Patience is running out. ASRock releases new boards one after the other trying to attract new customers, but seems to ignore the customers they already have. That is unacceptable. If ASRock does not get its act together really soon now and solve these problems, I think we all should start posting on other sites in order to spread the word on ASRock:s totally unacceptable behavior. I wish somebody had told me about ASRock before I bought this motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Man View Post
    Still using Fixed vcore 1.115v as your advice (LLC still set to auto (level 5)), no bsod yet in these 2 days,
    if still no bsod, i will try to lower the vcore a bit, to test if it can be lower or not.
    but my opinion still stand, if you OC and using fixed vcore that is fine, but not when you using stock speed
    Glad to hear your system might now be stable. Hope that's the case. I agree completely with you re: the fixed Vcore issue, but I've given up hope that Asrock will fix it for real. There has been no official comment from them or even an un-official one; not a "we have heard you and we are looking into this."; not even a PM. Nothing.

that nice temp you got there, my pc run much hotter, idle is about 40-42C, its been a while testing with prime but i think its a bout 60-68c
    Don't remember your setup but I am pretty happy with my Corsair H60 and a very large HAF-X full tower case (it's really huge). Not only did I not do anything special with the H60 (eg, just using the thermal compound that came on it instead of replacing it with Arctic Silver or some such thing), I actually had to remove and re-install the H60 when I swapped MBs (had defective DVI/HDMI on the first board I got). Fanwise, I have pretty much only what came with the case (a 200mm on top and another on the side, a 230 in front and a 120 that came with the H60 instead of the 140 that came with the case). I have set fan controls to absolute minimum in BIOS (but H60 pump running directly off the PS) and the system is really quiet. Helps that it isn't hot here.

yup it seem it happen when you try to move the mouse, usually when i watching a movie and trying to pause it to browse a site, (the same feeling like when you wake up the pc after suspend,) the mouse hang a bit then boom the pc freeze/bsod and yeah like i said in the first post zero support from asrock, the tsd here does reply for a few times, but blaming the ram when the users use different brand/type, seem stretch it/impossible
    I would suggest that everyone who is having these problems go back and read this entire thread. It's been the only thing that helped me get my system up and running. I have gotten responses from Asrock tech support, but only when I sent them e-mail through their website. The responses were typically received within 24-48 hours (I'll give a to them on that) but, typically, were only marginally helpful.

perhaps we should make an email template, with the list of our asrock serial number (the one that printed on the mb). and each person email it to the asrock support.
    I'd be willing to join in, but I don't think that Asrock will respond. I will say it again, Asrock needs to officially acknowledge that there is an issue (if there wasn't an issue we wouldn't have a BIOS which plays with Vcore) and tell us whether they can fix it via BIOS (really fix it, not just a band-aid) or if the MB needs to be replaced.

couple days ago, i already ask Tom's Hardware help to investigate the bsod and make an article of it ( Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 - Future-Article-Ideas - TG-Sites-Feedback )
    so if someone have an account there, maybe you can +1 to that post so toms know that many people are having those bsod.
    Definitely. I don't currently have an account but I'll check into this.

And let me say, it was Da_Man's and Wazza3000's postings that pointed the way to fixing this problem. Thanks and a big to both!

Just to let you guys know the Extreme4 Gen3 dont suffer from this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    Good news for people who own Gen3 board. I wonder if the "fix" is due to hardware mods or if Asrock simply adjusted Vcore in the BIOS.

Can you tell us the BIOS settings for Vcore (fixed?, auto?) and the actual voltages reported by both the BIOS and CPU-Z (or other s/w); in particular while idle? Also, how many DIMMs are installed?

Thanks.

Lightbulb Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

So obviously everyone suffering with this problem should be getting a free replacement, just like everyone did with those B2 chipset boards.

From what i see so far it looks like vcore fixed but will check tonight when i get time to reset bios to stock.

Negative on that . There a plenty of people who have had real nightmares with the Gen3. I'm presently troubleshooting BSOD- about one a day. To be fair, I overclocked right out of the box and have yet to see if I've got these issues running stock settings. Until stumbling upon this forum, I only assumed it was OC'ing. But now you've got me scared. Even more troubling is the fact that the crashing usually occurs at near idle speeds when I move the mouse...

Ok CPUZ says 0.960v @ stock.

Bios says 1.184v
    Last edited by copystuff; 09-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bslade View Post
    Negative on that . There a plenty of people who have had real nightmares with the Gen3. I'm presently troubleshooting BSOD- about one a day. To be fair, I overclocked right out of the box and have yet to see if I've got these issues running stock settings. Until stumbling upon this forum, I only assumed it was OC'ing. But now you've got me scared. Even more troubling is the fact that the crashing usually occurs at near idle speeds when I move the mouse...

I havent had a Bsod since i got this board on tuesday this week.

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information