Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

i guess i spoke too soon, when i reduce the igpu to +0 couple hours later my computer freeze,
    cant move my cursor, cant use the keyboard. but no bsod

after that i put back the igpu to +50 and couple hours later the same freeze occur
    and the third freeze one hours ago.

strange thing is every time the windows freeze, the reset button on the case is not working,
    so i had to press the power button for couple of sec but i test the reset button and its working fine.

also yesterday when i sleep i left my computer on, but when i wake up the computer is turned off,
    thats strange because i check the power options before i sleep, and i set it to never make the computer sleep.

any more idea guys? cos im officially out of ideas,

i really want to rma the motherboard and the processor, but because the freeze is random i'm afraid they will just send it back without fixing anything >_>

Try loading optimized defaults in the BIOS,remember this will reset all BIOS settings,then enter any biis settings you had,manually set dram voltage to what's printed on your ram,then try with c1e and eist disabled and see if it still freezes,if it does then re enable them and try a manual qpi/vtt voltage of 1.080v and see if it freezes then
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0x00000101
    0x101
    a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)

all same error.

Do not rma the motherboard. I think it won't work.

as I told you, I bought two z68 extream 4, same BSOD, my minidump is same as samsung102's minidump.

It's been 3 weeks. I did everything.

I tried different mouse and keyboard yesterday. didn't work. same BSOD.

formatted and re-installed Windows 7 U 64bit SP1 with NO drivers. didn't work. same BSOD.

The only thing I didn't try was NEW CPU.

Have you seen faulty cpu without OC??

I think something is wrong with ex4 settings or bios.

*** new friends here.

1 My first Blue Screen death on the new rig - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

2 ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4

Last edited by z68ex4; 06-19-2011 at 02:56 AM.

my board uefi doesn't have load optimized defaults, all it have is the load defaults, and i already try that when i update the bios to 1.40, done manually set the dram voltage,
    and couple mins ago same freeze (not bsod), right now i trying by increasing the vcore voltage to 1.180 (the multiplier set as auto), if its still have the freeze issue gonne try your suggestion by disabling c1e and eist

thanks again for your help :)

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    Try loading optimized defaults in the BIOS,remember this will reset all BIOS settings,then enter any biis settings you had,manually set dram voltage to what's printed on your ram,then try with c1e and eist disabled and see if it still freezes,if it does then re enable them and try a manual qpi/vtt voltage of 1.080v and see if it freezes then
    yeah if you google asrock z68 bsod there are plenty more >_>
    strangely i dont get the bsod again after moving my wd drive to sata II port 2 instead of the sata III port 0
    but right now i get another issue which the freezing problem

about the bsod some said its was definitely faulty processor, some no more bsod by moving the ram slot (tried this and still freeze),
    and from the first link you post it said a week without bsod when he increase the voltage to 1.200 (no oc), and the last reply said it was his power supply
    so im gonna try one by one to see which one is the culprit cos these three days i haven't really enjoy this new built >_>

but if indeed the voltage was the problem, does it mean the processor or the motherboard fault? seem asrock need to investigate this,
    cos it seem weird to increase the voltage when you doesn't overclock

anyway while searching the bsod i found the newest etron usb3 driver v 1.0.0.101
    if you want to dl here
    etron_usb3.exe
    just run the exe (choose which to extract and run the setup.exe)
    or you could also just extract the exe using winrar and run the setup.exe

Quote Originally Posted by z68ex4 View Post
    0x00000101
    0x101
    a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)

all same error.

Do not rma the motherboard. I think it won't work.

as I told you, I bought two z68 extream 4, same BSOD, my minidump is same as samsung102's minidump.

It's been 3 weeks. I did everything.

I tried different mouse and keyboard yesterday. didn't work. same BSOD.

formatted and re-installed Windows 7 U 64bit SP1 with NO drivers. didn't work. same BSOD.

The only thing I didn't try was NEW CPU.

Have you seen faulty cpu without OC??

I think something is wrong with ex4 settings or bios.

*** new friends here.

1 My first Blue Screen death on the new rig - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

2 ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4

i know this is just one day, but increasing the core voltage seem do the trick (right now at 1.180 and with auto multiplier)

have you try increase the voltage, z68ex4?

but it still strange as why it need to increase the voltage when im not overclocking the processor.

i also notice the core voltage still fluctuate even after i set manually to 1.180, although is never below 1 anymore (lowest i notice before i set the fixed core voltage, it sometime lower the voltage to 0.9xx)
    ,but probably is because the Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology (EIST) still turned on

kick is offline Senior Member

download core temp (latest one)

see what reading(s) it gives for VID.If the reading fluctuates you may need the higher voltage (even tho not overclocking)

Another thing is the max wattage on cpu power(long and short duration).
    See what they are at at default probably something like 110 and 90(short one at 110)
    Try like 120 and 100?

nb just suggestions.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Some CPU's need more voltage than others and auto isn't always accurate,I can tell you that 000101 error is not enough CPU voltage,if power saving is lowering it too much then it will cause freezing,maybe newer BIOS's will fix it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't increase the any voltage setting.

I changed every setting in BIOS menu. except OC Tweaker Screen.

I didn't O.C. so I thought I don't need to change any voltage. Maybe I was wrong.

Tomorrow... I'll try... manually to 1.2v, with c1e and eist disabled.

----------------

core temp VID == 0.9657 to 1.2610

(Please understand my writing.. I don't speak English well.)

I have the same issue.
    I have:
    I5-2500K CPU
    2*4GB xTreme Armor 1600MHZ
    ASROCK Extreme4 Z68
    Crosair TX750 Watt.

I got this BSOD for 4 times on low load scenarios.
    The memory passed all the tests it went through.
    Today I got a RMA on the board which I hope will solve this issue.
    The technician adviced me not to use the SATA3 ports.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information