Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I must say since i've upgraded my bios to 1.7 a 3 weeks ago,
    and I don't have a BSOD or freeze that I had every few days, yet.

I read someone here says he still having a freeze with 1.7 bios,
    and some said they got a freeze after 4 weeks, so i'm just wating
    to see if mine will appear as well with new bios.

Please try to update ver. 1.7, and let everybody know (The space at the address
    exists on original page, so please copy and paste to make it work):

ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series Extreme4&o=BIOS

(Asrock didn't make a Win exe file for this bios ver.)

Please update everyone.
    Last edited by Namrur; 09-11-2011 at 06:33 PM.

I gave up using ver.1.60 and updated to 1.70 about a week ago, since I encountered BSOD/freeze once about 3-4 days regardless of stock speed or o/c.

As what Namrur did, I am still testing my board but luckily I dun have any freeze/BSOD for about a week when I o/c to 4.3GHz at offset voltage +0.005V. As usual, I manually select the XMP profile of the memory (Corsair Vengenance 1600, 2x4GB) & set the memory voltage to 1.50V as stated in the Corsair memory label.

I noticed that CPU-Z read that the Vcore varied from about 0.94V to 1.1V at 1.6GHz (Intel speedstep enabled) and at about 1.24-25V under full load (prime 95 FFT test).

I didn't have time to test what happened at stock speed and Vcore 'Auto' yet.

If you get BSOD/freeze at ver. 1.60, it is worth a try to see whether ver. 1.70 works to you. Anyway, it does you no further harm (except a bad flash if it happens) to make a change.

Hi guys,

I've just discovered this thread while I've been struggling with the very same crash issue for more than 2 months.
    On average, I have a crash (whether a freeze or a BSOD 0x101) once or twice a week (which means a crash for about 20 or 30 hours of use).
    I've set the VCore at 1.190 as advised by the OP, I hope this will help, but just knowing that I'm not alone already makes me feel better.

MB: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4
    BIOS: 1.70
    CPU: i5 2500K (no OC)
    RAM: 2x4GB Gskill 1600
    GPU: IGP
    HD: Samsung SP F3 1TB
    PSU: Corsair TX650 v2

Thumbs down Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Sorry to say i left my pc on last while it was doing some downloads and got up today to find pc had restarted it self in the night.
    So can only think the old vcore problem does affect the Gen 3 as well, unfortunately i wasnt here to see what happened in the night to give a correct answer to what the cause was.

Angry Come on ASRock representatives - please help those of us suffering with this issue.

I just updated to 1.70 and about 2 hours later got the BSD 0x101 again.

This is getting ridiculous, the damn PC crashes one or twice every week - if I'd bought the PC ready built, it would be back in the store now and I'd have bought something else. But, because I built it, there's not a whole lot I can do.

Can someone at ASRock PLEASE figure out what UEFI settings we need to use to keep our PCs stable - it really can't be that hard.

ASRock reps: you have a LOT of unhappy Extreme4 customers here (20 pages of them) - you really need to do something to address this issue, and quickly.

How come no one from ASRock has posted to this thread recently?
    Last edited by AdrianW; 09-12-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Default Re: Come on ASRock representatives - please help those of us suffering with this issu

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    I just updated to 1.70 and about 2 hours later got the BSD 0x101 again.

This is getting ridiculous, the damn PC crashes one or twice every week - if I'd bought the PC ready built, it would be back in the store now and I'd have bought something else. But, because I built it, there's not a whole lot I can do.

Can someone as ASRock PLEASE figure out what UEFI settings we need to use to keep our PCs stable - it really can't be that hard.

ASRock reps: you have a LOT of unhappy Extreme4 customers here (20 pages of them) - you really need to do something to address this issue, and quickly.

How come no one from ASRock has posted to this thread recently?
    Its a shame Asrock are letting its customers down after all the money we have spent with them. If you havent got your Gen1 board sorted out what hope have i got of getting my Gen 3 extreme 4 sorted out. I have sent private message to Emily to see if she can get it sorted once and for all so perhaps everyone else should private message her as well they might take notice again then.

Have you contacted the place of purchase to see if you can get refunded ?
    Last edited by copystuff; 09-12-2011 at 10:58 PM.

101 error is not enough CPU voltage,tried using a higher llc? (loadline calibration) setting,try adding voltage offset,and could try adding one/two clicks more qpi/vtt voltage than what auto uses
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    101 error is not enough CPU voltage,tried using a higher llc? (loadline calibration) setting,try adding voltage offset,and could try adding one/two clicks more qpi/vtt voltage than what auto uses
    I've tried what was suggested earlier in this thread: +0.07V offset for the CPU voltage, but I still get the BSD every few days or so.

There's two ways to use the power saving too,one is by enabling c1e in the BIOS and another is by disabling c1e in BIOS and letting Windows 7 control the CPU power saving,I would let Windows control it as it seems more stable,just disable c1e in BIOS,then look in Windows power saving options and use balanced power profile,you can test with high performance profile too,but CPU won't throttle in speed/voltages at idle,same controls apply to xp too but set to minimum hardware in xp power saving options

Switching between high and balanced profiles in win7 saves you entering the BIOS if you want CPU to use power saving or run full speed all the time
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined the forums just to add my experiences with this sad issue.

I built my system about 2 months ago:
    ASRock Z68 Extreme 4
    i7 2600K, stock cooler, no overclocking on anything.
    16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance
    First with ATI 4850 plus on-die video (three-monitors), now just on-die video.
    No SSD
    650W TruePower PSU, stable for a year before this machine.

Intel sent me a new chip, experiencing the same problems, so I removed the CPU as the issue with high-certainty.

Two things have allowed me to run with out BSOD's or freezes so far:
    1. Disabling all cores except for one on the CPU in the BIOS. -OR-
    2. Removing 2 sticks of RAM, running at only 8GB (have tried running with different sticks at 8GB, just to make sure it's not a RAM issue.
    I have not messed with any settings yet, voltage or otherwise, but will start that now after adding RAM back in.

This bites, but seems to be a good community to get through this.

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information