Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Come on ASRock representatives - please help those of us suffering with this issu

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    I just updated to 1.70 and about 2 hours later got the BSD 0x101 again.

This is getting ridiculous, the damn PC crashes one or twice every week - if I'd bought the PC ready built, it would be back in the store now and I'd have bought something else. But, because I built it, there's not a whole lot I can do.

Can someone at ASRock PLEASE figure out what UEFI settings we need to use to keep our PCs stable - it really can't be that hard.

ASRock reps: you have a LOT of unhappy Extreme4 customers here (20 pages of them) - you really need to do something to address this issue, and quickly.

How come no one from ASRock has posted to this thread recently?
    Agreed with you that there are (very!!) unhappy customers using Asrock z68 extreme4 becus of the freeze/bsod problem. From other forums I know that there were freeze problem for mb. made by other manufacturers but such freeze problem was fixed by bios update in Aug while Asrock customers are still waiting for solution, or even reply from Asrock. It is so disappointing since it's my first time to get Asrock mb.

BTW, AdrianW what is the configuration of your newly built computer? Did you manually set the memory profile?

Default Re: Come on ASRock representatives - please help those of us suffering with this issu

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    BTW, AdrianW what is the configuration of your newly built computer? Did you manually set the memory profile?
    Apart from configuring fan speeds, disabling unused devices (Serial, parallel, Firewire), setting the HDs to AHCI mode and changing the CPU voltage to Offset mode with +0.07, I changed nothing else.

I have a 2600K, 8GB RAM (2x4GB sticks, 1600MHz), 1TB Samsung F3 drive for the OS + a 2TB drive for storage, I'm using the internal graphics on the CPU for the time being.

Apart from configuring fan speeds, disabling unused devices (Serial, parallel, Firewire), setting the HDs to AHCI mode and changing the CPU voltage to Offset mode with +0.07, I changed nothing else.

I have a 2600K, 8GB RAM (2x4GB sticks, 1600MHz), 1TB Samsung F3 drive for the OS + a 2TB drive for storage, I'm using the internal graphics on the CPU for the time being.
    Could you change the memory profile from 'Auto' to XMP preset profile to see what happens?

Could you change the memory profile from 'Auto' to XMP preset profile to see what happens?
    I'll give it a go when I get home from work (in about 8 hours time).

Have you tried a fixed Vcore? My system seems to be stable with Vcore set to 1.115 and LLC at 4 (or was it 3? I forget. But LLC should only matter if it dies under load).

Quote Originally Posted by uszkanni View Post
    Have you tried a fixed Vcore? My system seems to be stable with Vcore set to 1.115 and LLC at 4 (or was it 3? I forget. But LLC should only matter if it dies under load).
    Can you tell me do you run an overclock if so is it stable no shutting down from the 101 Bsod.

Thumbs up Re: Come on ASRock representatives - please help those of us suffering with this issu

Well, that's interesting - I changed from Auto to "XMP 1.2: Profile 1" and CPU-Z shows correct timings for my RAM (7-8-7-24), I also checked with it set to Auto and CPU-Z was reporting 9-9-9-28 (which can't be good).

I'd never even considered changing it from Auto - thanks for the info. I wonder if that will make it more stable?

Well, that's interesting - I changed from Auto to "XMP 1.2: Profile 1" and CPU-Z shows correct timings for my RAM (7-8-7-24), I also checked with it set to Auto and CPU-Z was reporting 9-9-9-28 (which can't be good).

I'd never even considered changing it from Auto - thanks for the info. I wonder if that will make it more stable?
    I am not sure but it's an interesting thing noticed after updating to ver.1.70. I duno whether such setting can make the computer more stable but I think it's better to make sure the memory setting matches the RAM you got.

I also made such change and am now still testing the stability in low load/idle condition. So far no BSOD/freeze for about one week. In the past, my computer cannot survive for 4 days without a freeze/bsod.

Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    Can you tell me do you run an overclock if so is it stable no shutting down from the 101 Bsod.
    Right now I'm only running stock speeds. I plan to test some OC settings in the future but I've got a lot of work to do right now and don't have time to run long diagnostic tests for stability.

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Still no news from Asrock about this problem and no message From Emily who i messaged so looks like Asrock dont care or dont know how to fix the problem.

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information