Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: The only(?) solution

Quote Originally Posted by h8asus View Post
    Only Solution to fix this problem is changing motherboards

Hey Everyone
    I had posted back on page 16, stating that I will return my asrock z68 pro 3 (the problem does NOT ONLY relate to extreme 4 boards!!)

took a while, but 3 days ago i received my GA z68ap d3 board....and so far I had 0 bluescreens with everything other constellation being unchanged (ultimate proof for crappy board).

did testing with low load and high load, with different voltages and even undervolting memory.

just wanted to let you guys know. I will continue to monitor this thread out of curiosity,
    if you have questions regarding voltages etc. just go ahead and ask

good luck my friends
    I have also changed my Z68 Extreme 4 B3 to a Asus P8Z68V-PRO.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    I've been running for a couple of days now, with the memory profile set to "XMP 1.2: profile 1" (as detailed here) and no stalls yet.
    It would be great if this is indeed a "real fix" and that all this big hoo-haa is created just because the board could not detect the correct RAM timing.

I do hope that this issue can be resolved as I still like to recommend ASRock Z68 boards as they come with 8+4 power phase and a variety of back I/O ports.

Default Re: The only(?) solution

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto View Post
    I have also changed my Z68 Extreme 4 B3 to a Asus P8Z68V-PRO.

I do hope that this issue can be resolved as I still like to recommend ASRock Z68 boards as they come with 8+4 power phase and a variety of back I/O ports.
    Asrock has officially dropped off my recommended list. Spec'ing out multiple new builds for clients using ASUS MBs. Will consider Gigabyte and MSI too, but will not use Asrock as I feel their response to this issue has been completely inadequate. Fortunately, the only one hurt by all this is me and it's a hit I can take. Infinitely preferable over dissatisfied clients.

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I've been running for a couple of days now, with the memory profile set to "XMP 1.2: profile 1" (as detailed here) and no stalls yet.
    @AdrianW, would you mind telling me the Vcore setting in BIOS and the Vcore value in CPU-Z? BTW, what brand of memory are you using.

BTW, so far 2 weeks and I haven't got a freeze yet. It would be great if you could tell me whether you have any freeze/bsod after a few days more.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    @AdrianW, would you mind telling me the Vcore setting in BIOS and the Vcore value in CPU-Z? BTW, what brand of memory are you using.

BTW, so far 2 weeks and I haven't got a freeze yet. It would be great if you could tell me whether you have any freeze/bsod after a few days more.
    I have this memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH (2x4GB) DDR3.

VCore in CPU-Z fluctuates depending on the CPU usage - right now, with just my browser & CPU-Z running - it is at 1.024V, if I start something like Prime95 - the Core Voltage goes up to around 1.208V.

Just went into the BIOS and noticed that I do have the CPU voltage set to Offset mode at +0.070V, Power Saving mode is set to disabled, and everything else is at Auto.

-edit-
    I've now changed the CPU voltage back to Auto (and enabled Power Saving mode) - I'll leave it like this until I get another BSD. (checking CPU-Z Core Voltage right now - and it's fluctuates between 0.952 & 1.008 with virtually nothing running).
    Last edited by AdrianW; 09-18-2011 at 11:01 AM.

I've now changed the CPU voltage back to Auto (and enabled Power Saving mode) - I'll leave it like this until I get another BSD. (checking CPU-Z Core Voltage right now - and it's fluctuates between 0.952 & 1.008 with virtually nothing running).
    That is what I just tried to ask for your kind assistance to try this. BTW, since I have no idea what Power Saving means I just disabled it. However, I enabled all C-state settings and I am now using Vcore Offset +0.005V while o/c to 4.3GHz.

Well, I suppose you did not o/c, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    Well, I suppose you did not o/c, right?
    Currently I'm not overclocking - I tried it once a few weeks ago, and then did some video encoding - it was encoding at around 15fps faster than stock speeds, but the temperatures went up much higher than normal. I'm happy enough not overclocking, until I need it.

BTW, I'm using this CPU gadget: All CPU Meter along with the CoreTemp background app (also available from the same web page) - it shows CPU usage, clock speed, and temperatures on your desktop, I find it useful to keep any eye on what's happening with the CPU.
    Last edited by AdrianW; 09-19-2011 at 01:10 PM.

Just found that the idle-freeze problem is really common in Z68 family, even on Asus mobo.
    Here is my new overclock setting, feel good with no bsod.

i7 2600k
    1.25V @ 4.0Ghz
    spread spectrum: disable
    C1E & speedstep: enable
    Load line calibration: level 3 << CPU runs @1.22v when idle 1.6Ghz, @1.20v when full load 4.0Ghz. You can even set to level 2 or 1.

and recently I bought Super-talent WB160B4G9 4GB x 2, & overclock to 1833MHz 9-11-10-28 1T @1.62v, cheap and good.
    I recommend to fix the ram voltage(1.5v or 1.65v up to your module) and timings rather than let them auto because some XMP may cause problems.

Good luck guys.
    Last edited by woolball; 09-19-2011 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woolball View Post
    Just found that the idle-freeze problem is really common in Z68 family, even on Asus mobo.
    Here is my new overclock setting, feel good with no bsod.

i7 2600k
    1.25V @ 4.0Ghz
    spread spectrum: disable
    C1E & speedstep: enable
    Load line calibration: level 3 << CPU runs @1.22v when idle 1.6Ghz, @1.20v when full load 4.0Ghz. You can even set to level 2 or 1.

and recently I bought Super-talent WB160B4G9 4GB x 2, & overclock to 1833MHz 9-11-10-28 1T @1.62v, cheap and good.
    I recommend to fix the ram voltage(1.5v or 1.65v up to your module) and timings rather than let them auto because some XMP may cause problems.

Good luck guys.
    This is interesting as I have been freeze-free on my p8z68v-pro for at least a month.
    Another user has also reported that his gigabyte board runs without any freeze as well.

The freeze problem from what I understand occurs when the voltage going to the CPU is not sufficient, I believe what most of us wants here is for their board to be freeze-free when running on stock/auto power settings.

Three days down the line and no freezes yet after I upped the vcore voltage.

Start from scratch though as I've changed today the PSU for a much quieter one.

Hi,
    Just to let you know that i haven't had any problems since my last post by using the +50mv setting on the igpu.
    Thankyou to everybody for your help and suggestions.

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information