Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

After rebooting after most of my BSDs, I get the dialog "Windows has recovered from a Serious Error...", clicking on the more info button shows the BSD code (it's always 101). I always click the "Check for solution" button - maybe if microsoft gets enough of those submissions for the same error, they'll get involved with working out an actual solution.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    After rebooting after most of my BSDs, I get the dialog "Windows has recovered from a Serious Error...", clicking on the more info button shows the BSD code (it's always 101). I always click the "Check for solution" button - maybe if microsoft gets enough of those submissions for the same error, they'll get involved with working out an actual solution.
    +1

BTW: Did somebody ever contacted Intel because of this?

It's strange how things happen,my pc has been running fine for over a week with just +50mv on the igpu.
    I thought i'd have a look at this forum to see if there was any new info and just as i was about to click the link the mouse froze and then the bsod.
    I don't think i'll be changing any more settings and will wait until the problem is sorted out by asrock or whoever.
    I can confirm that my bsod error codes are exactly the same as the ones posted by BOGBERT and VAKILANDO,that's 3 computers with the same error codes,can anyone interpret those codes to diagnose the common problem please?

the beta 1.60g only changed the default voltage from auto to manually set to 1.190
    i doubt the bios is different, but you can use a program to compare files like beyond compare to see if its the same or different

the terms you looking for is called vdroop,

try google them there is plenty information there

Quote Originally Posted by Vakilando View Post
    I got an e-mail from German ASrock support with an attached Bios V1.60g. They said they got it right from Taiwan.
    Is there a possibility to check if it is the same bios which is at their beta site before trying it?
    I uploaded the file: CLICK ME

And I have an other generell question about Vcore Voltage. Do you know a good article about it or can explain to me how it works?
    Because when I look at the graph for the load line callibration I see that the Voltage goes down when the load goes up. This seems strange to me.
    I would expect that a higer voltage is needed under load?!?
    the only thing fix the bsod for me is raising the vcore, been more than a week using voltage fixed to 1.115 and no bsod,

i doubt asrock will solve this, as if they really try to help, they will ask for our system specs and bsod minidump so they can debug it,
    but like emily said if you have bsod you can use bios 1.60G beta, which change the vcore voltage to fixed 1.190 or you can manually change the vcore to 1.115

Quote Originally Posted by linksdead View Post
    It's strange how things happen,my pc has been running fine for over a week with just +50mv on the igpu.
    I thought i'd have a look at this forum to see if there was any new info and just as i was about to click the link the mouse froze and then the bsod.
    I don't think i'll be changing any more settings and will wait until the problem is sorted out by asrock or whoever.
    I can confirm that my bsod error codes are exactly the same as the ones posted by BOGBERT and VAKILANDO,that's 3 computers with the same error codes,can anyone interpret those codes to diagnose the common problem please?
    Last edited by Da_Man; 09-29-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Ok,
    I googled vdroop and I think I got it (well perhaps not everything a 100% ;) ) but there remains one question for me: Isn't it bad to fix Vcore? And in our case (we are forced to fix it) is it better to fix it at 1.200 or at 1.115 for the CPU. I do not OC (at the moment).

Hi guys.I own an Asrock z68 fatal1ty pro motherboard which i recently bought as a replacement for my Asus p8p67 deluxe, which had the original sata bug.
    I`m pretty sure i know the reason for the idle or nearly idle blue screens when using offset voltage.I have noticed that when i`m overclocked to 4.6ghz using offset voltage i can run prime95 forever and it never, ever will blue screen.But sitting on the desktop or just browsing the web etc it can happen anytime.The most consistant way to make it blue screen is to watch youtube as this makes the cpu go from idle and jump up sometimes slightly.I have consistantly noticed in cpu-z that the cpu clock will jump to 4.6ghz BUT the voltage is slow to react and come up to its offset, full load setting.I believe this slow voltage reaction is what causes the blue screen, as it is running at 4.6ghz but is only getting 1.1 volts or whatever it is for a short time.btw the Asus board i had before was prone to the same problem but they may have possibly fixed the issue with a bios update.I do remember though that the board had a vrm setting in the bios for its response time settings or something but see no such setting in the Asrock.As a result of my testing, which has been over many many hours i have come to the conclusion that the only stable high overclock is with a fixed voltage.The board vrm`s just aren`t responding quick enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Teantea View Post
    Hi guys.I own an Asrock z68 fatal1ty pro motherboard which i recently bought as a replacement for my Asus p8p67 deluxe, which had the original sata bug.
    I`m pretty sure i know the reason for the idle or nearly idle blue screens when using offset voltage.I have noticed that when i`m overclocked to 4.6ghz using offset voltage i can run prime95 forever and it never, ever will blue screen.But sitting on the desktop or just browsing the web etc it can happen anytime.The most consistant way to make it blue screen is to watch youtube as this makes the cpu go from idle and jump up sometimes slightly.I have consistantly noticed in cpu-z that the cpu clock will jump to 4.6ghz BUT the voltage is slow to react and come up to its offset, full load setting.I believe this slow voltage reaction is what causes the blue screen, as it is running at 4.6ghz but is only getting 1.1 volts or whatever it is for a short time.btw the Asus board i had before was prone to the same problem but they may have possibly fixed the issue with a bios update.I do remember though that the board had a vrm setting in the bios for its response time settings or something but see no such setting in the Asrock.As a result of my testing, which has been over many many hours i have come to the conclusion that the only stable high overclock is with a fixed voltage.The board vrm`s just aren`t responding quick enough!
    This sounds good. Now ASRock has to check if it is a software or a hardware issue... But I noticed the same. I had cpu-zopen so that you can see it when the PC crashes. Before the BSOD you have 1-2 seconds where the screen freezes and I saw the Core Voltage was still at 0.944 Volts (idle) while the ghz just went up to 3.4ghz. but I was not quite sure if it is just because cpu-z didn't react fast enough. ASRock should chek now if it is a hardware or a sofware issue...

Red face Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Ok, this is a bit embarrasing but an hour or so after i posted my comment i thought i would try a lower level on the LLC.I was previously testing at LVL 1 and also at LVL 2 so i lowered (raised?) it to LVL 3 and now it seems stable with the offset +0.040 at 4.6ghz in both load and idle situations.It looks like the idle voltage or speedstepping is less sensitive now and doesn`t seem to jump so much when doing minor things like watching youtube.Need to test some more as i have to do both an extended load test and then the same when idle.These things are not as simple to overclock as was said and i had far less trouble overclocking my E8500 and Q9650 on socket 775.I will update for those who may be interested in the results with the hope of pointing them in the right direction.

Ok, this is a bit embarrasing but an hour or so after i posted my comment i thought i would try a lower level on the LLC.I was previously testing at LVL 1 and also at LVL 2 so i lowered (raised?) it to LVL 3 and now it seems stable with the offset +0.040 at 4.6ghz in both load and idle situations.It looks like the idle voltage or speedstepping is less sensitive now and doesn`t seem to jump so much when doing minor things like watching youtube.Need to test some more as i have to do both an extended load test and then the same when idle.These things are not as simple to overclock as was said and i had far less trouble overclocking my E8500 and Q9650 on socket 775.I will update for those who may be interested in the results with the hope of pointing them in the right direction.

Are you using the on-die GPU at all, and if you are, what version of the intel GPU drivers are you using?

Ok, this is a bit embarrasing but an hour or so after i posted my comment i thought i would try a lower level on the LLC.I was previously testing at LVL 1 and also at LVL 2 so i lowered (raised?) it to LVL 3 and now it seems stable with the offset +0.040 at 4.6ghz in both load and idle situations.
    Correct me if I am wrong. For LLC set at Level 5, the Vdroop would be larger so that you should get lower Vcore (particularly at load condition) compared at Level 1. That's why in the first few pages replies from Asrock suggested setting LLC to Level 1.

I suggest to test the system for longer time since freeze/BSOD(x101) could sometimes happen once a few days.

Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread Information