Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 419

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---




  1. #311
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Hi all,

    Been awhile for me after I updated my bios to 1.70 and my other driver updated.

    Seems to be my system is free from frozen and BSOD which I'm glad for 1 week now. Testing from resume from screen saver and resume from sleep mode. I almost return this goods and actually can get a replacement for Gen3 from my local shop. Since everything's fine, I think i'll just leave it as it is.

    PROBABLY, remember that I gave a link to the other forum to update some drivers. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do update your intel graphics from that forum website first then update again with current version from Intel. The reason I asked because on that forum, there's a patch for it and I assume that the actual patch itself which actually solving my BSOD or Frozen issue.

    I can also see my Vcore is running pretty low 0.96 which is fine as well during low consumption.

    I'll keep informed how it goes anyway....

  2. #312
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by milkman42 View Post
    Are you using the on-die GPU at all, and if you are, what version of the intel GPU drivers are you using?
    I wasn`t because i have a gtx580 and this is primarily a gaming pc.But i have just tried the onboard without removing the 580 and it seemed to work ok at 1st.After a while browsing, the pc locked up solid but had no bsod and had to be shutdown by holding the power button.Moving my mouse quickly (logitech G500 with setpoint driver) seems to make this happen quicker.Next boot i started a game (wolf ET) and it started up, got to the splash screen and then locked up with the sound repeating.I`ve seen that beheaviour before with bad video drivers on other pc`s.I don`t know if the 580 running alongside the onboard was contributing to this freeze or not and didn`t have time to tweak the unfamiliar onboard gpu settings in the bios or remove the 580 and try without.The pc is going to be removed from the case shortly for some mods being done to the case so i will try without the 580 in before doing these mods. The driver i was using is VGA_Win7-64_Vista64(15.22.1.64.2361)

  3. #313
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. For LLC set at Level 5, the Vdroop would be larger so that you should get lower Vcore (particularly at load condition) compared at Level 1. That's why in the first few pages replies from Asrock suggested setting LLC to Level 1. I suggest to test the system for longer time since freeze/BSOD(x101) could sometimes happen once a few days.
    Yes, that is correct but i never had any issues at high cpu load once the correct load voltage was found for 4.6ghz on my cpu.All my issues were at idle or very near idle, like browsing the web.As i said,LLC 2 or LLC 1 was giving bsod when idle, load was ok.I lowered the LLC to 3 and it was a total change.LLC is obviously also having some effect on the idle.I have now gone approx 18 hours with no issues.I ran a 6 hour prime95 blend test on 8 threads and no problems.I have since been browsing and doing general light work, watching videos etc and it`s been stable.This is the longest it`s gone with no bsod at 4.6ghz and offset being used.Previously it would hardly go 30 minutes on idle without a bsod.Of course the testing is still ongoing as i`m planning a re-install of windows 7 and it`s just not happening before the pc is 100% stable.Two or three weeks with no problems would convince me all is ok.

  4. #314
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Teantea View Post
    I wasn`t because i have a gtx580 and this is primarily a gaming pc.But i have just tried the onboard without removing the 580 and it seemed to work ok at 1st.After a while browsing, the pc locked up solid but had no bsod and had to be shutdown by holding the power button.Moving my mouse quickly (logitech G500 with setpoint driver) seems to make this happen quicker.Next boot i started a game (wolf ET) and it started up, got to the splash screen and then locked up with the sound repeating.I`ve seen that beheaviour before with bad video drivers on other pc`s.I don`t know if the 580 running alongside the onboard was contributing to this freeze or not and didn`t have time to tweak the unfamiliar onboard gpu settings in the bios or remove the 580 and try without.The pc is going to be removed from the case shortly for some mods being done to the case so i will try without the 580 in before doing these mods. The driver i was using is VGA_Win7-64_Vista64(15.22.1.64.2361)

    So you are saying that you had the BSODs happening before you used the onboard, correct?

    I had the same problem when running both my ATI 4850 and the onboard (on-die). I thought it was because I was using three monitors, dropped it to two, using only the intel on-die GPU, and then finally back to three monitors with two hooked up to the 4850, and one coming off the intel GPU. All resulted in BSODs after a few days. I then discovered the new intel drivers (15.22.1.64.2509, up from 15.22.1.64.2361 which is what I was running before), and I've gone almost a week now without a BSOD or freeze. Nothing conclusive yet, and I've lost a lot of confidence in this board/solution, but I'll update if there is a problem. BTW, 15.22.1.64.2509 is the same as 8.15.10.2509, in case anyone was wondering.

  5. #315
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by milkman42 View Post
    So you are saying that you had the BSODs happening before you used the onboard, correct?

    I had the same problem when running both my ATI 4850 and the onboard (on-die). I thought it was because I was using three monitors, dropped it to two, using only the intel on-die GPU, and then finally back to three monitors with two hooked up to the 4850, and one coming off the intel GPU. All resulted in BSODs after a few days. I then discovered the new intel drivers (15.22.1.64.2509, up from 15.22.1.64.2361 which is what I was running before), and I've gone almost a week now without a BSOD or freeze. Nothing conclusive yet, and I've lost a lot of confidence in this board/solution, but I'll update if there is a problem. BTW, 15.22.1.64.2509 is the same as 8.15.10.2509, in case anyone was wondering.
    Yes, the bsod was before i used the igpu.That is now fixed afaik as it hasn`t done it again since.Also, just a few hours ago i downloaded the latest vga drivers for the intel igpu (vga-Version:15.22.50.64.2509) and tried these.Even though the version number on the file is different to the ones you used, i noticed whilst installng that it said the version installed was the same number you give (8.15.10.2509).At 1st the freezing still occured so i reset my cpu multiplier to stock (auto) and rebooted and all is fine since.Played a few games etc and no freezes.Looks promising!
    For some reason the bios is showing my igpu voltage when set to auto as being 0.0000volts.Looks like a bad report and probably a bug that needs fixing.Im on the latest bios offered which i think is 1.30.
    Any ideas on what the standard igpu voltage should be? I can`t find any info on it with my brief search.

  6. #316
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Hey!

    I need your help one last time.As i said I need a stable system for my diplomathesis and it seems that ASRock is not able to fix the Problem and/ or not interested in it. So what other Board could you recommend? Asus (P6z68-v,for example) or Gigabyte?
    I don't OC at the moment, but i want to in the future.
    I'm really disappointed by the ASRock support...

  7. #317
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakilando View Post
    Hey!

    I need your help one last time.As i said I need a stable system for my diplomathesis and it seems that ASRock is not able to fix the Problem and/ or not interested in it. So what other Board could you recommend? Asus (P6z68-v,for example) or Gigabyte?
    I don't OC at the moment, but i want to in the future.
    I'm really disappointed by the ASRock support...

    I'm sending back my Extreme4 and going on Intel DZ68BC:

    Buy.com - Intel DZ68BC Desktop Motherboard - Intel - Socket H2 LGA-1155 - 1 Pack - ATX - 1 x Processor Support - 32 GB DDR3 SDRAM Maximum RAM - SLI, CrossFireX Support - Serial ATA/300, Serial ATA/600 RAID Support Controller - 2 x PCIe x16 Slot - 2 x

    It seems like a great board, with Bluttooth/Wifi module, and a great service.

    Never again Asrock for me (first and last time).

  8. #318
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Namrur View Post
    I'm sending back my Extreme4 and going on Intel DZ68BC:

    Buy.com - Intel DZ68BC Desktop Motherboard - Intel - Socket H2 LGA-1155 - 1 Pack - ATX - 1 x Processor Support - 32 GB DDR3 SDRAM Maximum RAM - SLI, CrossFireX Support - Serial ATA/300, Serial ATA/600 RAID Support Controller - 2 x PCIe x16 Slot - 2 x

    It seems like a great board, with Bluttooth/Wifi module, and a great service.

    Never again Asrock for me (first and last time).
    I don't get this board here. It's really sad with the z68 extreme4, because when I compare all the boards, I really like them the most from what they got. But ASRock was really not very helpfull and I don't want to buy a more expensive board from them just to get ride of their Bug... For me it's the same like for you: First and last time with ASRock...

  9. #319
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakilando View Post
    Hey!

    I need your help one last time.As i said I need a stable system for my diplomathesis and it seems that ASRock is not able to fix the Problem and/ or not interested in it. So what other Board could you recommend? Asus (P6z68-v,for example) or Gigabyte?
    I don't OC at the moment, but i want to in the future.
    I'm really disappointed by the ASRock support...
    A friend of mine bought an Asus P8Z68-V pro the first day they were available and he hasn`t reported any problems yet.He is also using the igpu since he bought it, as his old radeon had died.He seems very happy with the motherboard.

  10. #320
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Derby, United Kingdom
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakilando View Post
    Hey!

    I need your help one last time.As i said I need a stable system for my diplomathesis and it seems that ASRock is not able to fix the Problem and/ or not interested in it. So what other Board could you recommend? Asus (P6z68-v,for example) or Gigabyte?
    I don't OC at the moment, but i want to in the future.
    I'm really disappointed by the ASRock support...
    Asus P8Z68-V pro is what i would go for.

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •