Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Quote Originally Posted by Vakilando View Post
    Hey!

I need your help one last time.As i said I need a stable system for my diplomathesis and it seems that ASRock is not able to fix the Problem and/ or not interested in it. So what other Board could you recommend? Asus (P6z68-v,for example) or Gigabyte?
    I don't OC at the moment, but i want to in the future.
    I'm really disappointed by the ASRock support...
    Get yourself a UltraDurable 3 Gigabyte motherboard or a Asus p8z68v(-pro).
    I went with the Asus since I needed the vga port and the Gigabyte distributor at my place doesn't bring in GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3.
    If you are using HDMI for your display then you should just get whichever is cheaper between the 2 at your country.
    Last edited by Lighto; 10-09-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Arrow Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I haven't experienced any bsod or freeze for a month, no matter idle, fullloading or surfing internet.
    Here are my settings:

1. Update the BIOS to v1.7: Asrock Z68 ex4

2. 2600k, 4.0Ghz@1.25v(it depends on ur CPU), set LLC to lv3 (1~3 are ok)
    CPU will run 1.228v when idle and ~1.2v when fullload.
    Sorry I haven't tried default frequency since I got this CPU, OC is in k's blood.

3. Fix the ram's latencies & voltage rather than using XMP.

4. Update the Z68 driver to 9.2.0.1030: Intel INF

5. Update the USB3 driver to 1.101: Etron

6. Update the Intel RapidStorage to 10.​6.​0.​1002: Intel RS

7. Leave iGPU as auto.
    I'm using it with ATi 4830. By Virtu, HD3000 is the primary output, the external card is triggered only when running dedicated s/w or games. It works pretty well. I'd tried to add the iGPU voltage to 50mA & 100mA when I was in the freezing nightmare, but it didn't help. So I think iGPU doesn't matter.

I know mobo should works well by leaving all auto, therefore the problem must be ascribed to Asrock. Actually I'm quite happy with it now. Hope a better BIOS version is coming soon. Before that, try these, and good luck!
    Last edited by woolball; 10-10-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woolball View Post
    I haven't experienced any bsod or freeze for a month, no matter idle, fullloading or surfing internet.
    Here are my settings:

Sorry I haven't tried default frequency since I got this CPU, OC is in k's blood.

3. Fix the Ram's latency & voltage settings rather than using XMP.

6. Leave iGPU as auto.
    I'm using it with ATi 4830. By Virtu, HD3000 is the primary output, the external card is triggered only when playing dedicated s/w or games. It works pretty well. I'd tried to add the iGPU voltage to 50mA & 100mA when I was in the freezing nightmare, but it didn't help. So I think iGPU doesn't matter.

I know mobo should works well by leaving all auto, therefore the problem must be ascribed to Asrock. Actually I'm quite happy with it now. Hope a better BIOS version is coming soon. Before that, try these, and good luck!
    I really don't know if there are problems with an i7 at all... I think until now only 2500k users reported about this problem on this mobo...

I really don't know if there are problems with an i7 at all... I think until now only 2500k users reported about this problem on this mobo...
    I'm getting the 101 BSoD's with a 2600K.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    I'm getting the 101 BSoD's with a 2600K.
    Ok... My fault^^

Quote Originally Posted by woolball View Post
    Here are my settings:

3. Fix the ram's latencies & voltage rather than using XMP.

6. Update the Intel RapidStorage to 10.​6.​0.​1002: Intel RS

7. Leave iGPU as auto.
    I'm using it with ATi 4830. By Virtu, HD3000 is the primary output, the external card is triggered only when running dedicated s/w or games. It works pretty well. I'd tried to add the iGPU voltage to 50mA & 100mA when I was in the freezing nightmare, but it didn't help. So I think iGPU doesn't matter.

Back then when I still have the board, setting a fixed voltage to 1.250 already cured the problem.
    I believe it was mentioned by the OP as one of the possible solutions. Pretty sure the driver didn't really matter.
    Last edited by Lighto; 10-10-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Just sent my Board back an will order an ASUS P8z68-v today. I hope there will be o more bad suprises. Good Luck for the rest of you...

Just sent my Board back an will order an ASUS P8z68-v today. I hope there will be o more bad suprises. Good Luck for the rest of you...
    I dont think you will have any regrets i wish i could send mine back.

Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    I dont think you will have any regrets i wish i could send mine back.
    But why can't you send it back? It can't be that old, right? Here in Germany you have the right to get everthing exchanged in at least one year if there is an defekt which is not caused by you...

But why can't you send it back? It can't be that old, right? Here in Germany you have the right to get everthing exchanged in at least one year if there is an defekt which is not caused by you...
    While there are some consumer protections in place, here in the US warrantees are, for the most part, dependent on the manufacturer/merchant. There is no inherent right to exchange or replace a product within a year and most of us are lucky to get a 30 day warrantee.

Back to the question at hand, I'd suggest you go for either an ASUS (P8Z68v or v-pro) or GIGABYTE (UD3, UD5, whatever) and don't look back. The time you've wasted on this board is past and gone, no reason to spend any more.
    Last edited by uszkanni; 10-11-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information