Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Quote Originally Posted by uszkanni View Post
    Back to the question at hand, I'd suggest you go for either an ASUS (P8Z68v or v-pro) or GIGABYTE (UD3, UD5, whatever) and don't look back. The time you've wasted on this board is past and gone, no reason to spend any more.
    Agreed. 99% consumers buy motherboards to use but not to debug for the manufacturer and yet wait for ultimate solution after months. I read in some forums that other brands of z68 or even p67/h67 motherboard had freeze problem but it had been fixed by BIOS update already.

Hello everyone.

Within weeks, I've seen BSODs about once a day.

Two days ago I updated the driver Etron USB 3.0 to version 1.0.0.104 and now two days the system works without BSODs.
    I hope always will be
    Also been removed Realtek drivers.

My system: CPU i7 2600k, Cooler Scythe Katana 3, MB AsRock Z68 Extreme 4, RAM DDR3 8Gb (2x4Gb) PC3-12800 1600MHz DIMM Kingston HyperX Genesis, Graphics Card integrated.
    Last edited by im314; 10-12-2011 at 01:29 AM.

What board would you guys suggest I replace my extreme4 with?

I've been looking around at the other ASRock boards, and the Asus boards and none of them seem to have DisplayPort or DVI with a resolution of 2560x1600 like the Extreme4 does. And I'd rather not go Gigabyte (assuming they're still don't have UEFI).

I'm running mine with a Dell 2711 monitor (2560x1440) via DisplayPort straight off the motherboard, I don't want to have to invest in a graphics card (at least just yet). This is one of the main reasons I chose the Extreme4 in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    What board would you guys suggest I replace my extreme4 with?

I've been looking around at the other ASRock boards, and the Asus boards and none of them seem to have DisplayPort or DVI with a resolution of 2560x1600 like the Extreme4 does. And I'd rather not go Gigabyte (assuming they're still don't have UEFI).

I'm running mine with a Dell 2711 monitor (2560x1440) via DisplayPort straight off the motherboard, I don't want to have to invest in a graphics card (at least just yet). This is one of the main reasons I chose the Extreme4 in the first place.
    If you feel that UEFI is that important, the next board would be MSI Z68A GD55 G3, the problem is that they don't really have a good track record.
    Else, I would recommend getting Gigabyte Z68X UD3H B3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto View Post
    If you feel that UEFI is that important, the next board would be MSI Z68A GD55 G3, the problem is that they don't really have a good track record.
    Else, I would recommend getting Gigabyte Z68X UD3H B3.
    Thanks for that, I'll consider the Gigabyte - but looking at the screenshots of it's BIOS screens on Tom's Hardware made be gag a little - the UEFI on the ASRock and Asus boards are just so much better. And there's no way I'm going for MSI.

Has anyone else been asked by ASRock to send the board anywhere for them to check it out? They've asked me to send my board to a local computer distributor, but it seems a bit weird as when I contacted the local distributor, they knew nothing about it.

gigabytes bios screens might be basic but thats the least important thing when it comes to a stable mb,cant believe asrock havnt fixed this issue with a bios update,they are very slow

page #34 now and still no fix
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    gigabytes bios screens might be basic but thats the least important thing when it comes to a stable mb,cant believe asrock havnt fixed this issue with a bios update,they are very slow

page #34 now and still no fix

I think its a case of they just dont know how to.

Hello,
    I just wanted to add my name to the list of those experiencing the BSOD A Clock Interrupt was not received... I would get them about two or three times a month, unrelated to CPU load or anything else I could discern a pattern with. I purchased my board in May shortly after the new chipset was released and completed my build in June. Other than the random BSOD's, which I assumed some future BIOS update would fix, the board ran perfectly. That is, until Friday Oct.14 when I went to turn the computer on and it would sound like it was going to boot up but only stay a black screen with no beeps. ASUSROCK has been contacted and I am waiting for an RMA number.
    Thanks, Gord

I can find here people writing they update
    some driver and they don't have a BSOD for 2 days.

I experienced even 3 weeks without a BSOD or freezes,
    and then I had 4 freezed and one BSOD in 3 days,
    so I can't bleave some driver update has fixed that.

I'm sure this board is defected.

I've retunred my Extreme4 yesterday back to store
    after 3.5 monthes for a full refund (by Asrock local dealer approve)
    and ordered abroad an Intel DZ68BC board.

It doesn't has a UEFI bios, but it has a Firewire and DVI
    that I've looked for, and a nice Wifi / Bluetooth module:Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD  A clock interrupt was not received ----wifi-jpg

It looks like a decent not very known board, and i'm sure Intel has
    much more serios support then what i've experienced with my first Asrock.

I'll write here after installing it if it has any stability issues.
    I really hope it doesn't.
    Last edited by Namrur; 10-18-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread Information