Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I have ordered DZ68BC too. It in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by gordoncanada View Post
    Hello,
    That is, until Friday Oct.14 when I went to turn the computer on and it would sound like it was going to boot up but only stay a black screen with no beeps. ASUSROCK has been contacted and I am waiting for an RMA number.
    Thanks, Gord
    What is the model of your power supplie ? I think this board has a problem with Liberty Enermax and i found someone with the same problem (and the same power supplie). If i shutdown my computer for 2 minutes, almost impossible to start again later : i have to turn on/off the power supplie several times. If i shutdown my computer for 2 days, i have to pray to start it again.
    Today i have a new power supplie and no more problem

I will see if i also still have the BSOD and the blue sceen. I use the IGP on my G620T cpu and i just install the latest drivers (v101 for usb3, intel HD, ...)

I have a 750 Watt Antec Truepower PSU. I think Namrur is correct: these boards don't seem ready for prime time.

I got DZ68BC. Funny, but there is CHiL CHL8328 too.

So like everyone else I was getting the BSOD crashing issue whenever I played a video. I was on BIOS 1.5, and last night in an effort to stop the BSOD crashes, I updated to 1.6. Now, I am getting BOOTMGR is Missing errors and when I go into UEFI, my main Hard Drive (SSD) and my Optical Drive aren't detected anywhere. I don't see them anywhere in BIOS and tried in IDE/AHCI. I didn't unplug anything and the optical drive still ejects/responds when I press it. One thing I was thinking was switching the SATA ports with the detected Hard Drives (storage hard drives are appearing in BIOS). Cleared CMOS - tried a few different things and nothing worked.

-i5 2500K 3.3GHz
    -Intel X25-M SSDSA2MH120G2K5 120GB SATA II
    -Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB Drive WD1500
    -SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB SATA
    -Patriot Viper II Sector 5 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    -Kingston HyperX 4GB : 2 x 2 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 1600 MHz
    -2x 460GTX
    -LG Blu-Ray Drive
    -Windows 7 64bit
    -XFX Black Edition XPS-850W-BES 850W

Any suggestions on this issue? I have had it up to here with this board.
    Last edited by petegberg; 10-25-2011 at 02:13 AM.

After one week, everything looks ok for me !
    I've used the latest drivers from this link and the latest hd intel drivers for the igp
    **Official** Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread. Share your experiences, OCs & tech issues!!

I've just had some freezing with the usb3 when moving files (with the drivers 101) and with the 104 it seems ok.

I've install some new drivers yesterday (from ma-config.com) and with the usb3 v104. Here is the list :
    -Intel Chipset Device Software INF_allOS_9.2.3.1022_PV
    -Intel Rapid Storage Technology iata_cd_10.6.0.1022
    -Marvell_SATA_88SE61xx_1.2.0.7700
    -Marvell_SATA3_88SE91xx-1.2.0.1006
    -USB3_Etron_Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP(v0.104_WHQL)
    Last edited by Gatchan77; 10-25-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Lots of people use the Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard without BSOD's. I wonder what we all have in common that causes this issue? In my case, Intel's theory is that the board-approved memory I am using (KHX1600C9D3X2K2/4GX) is rated at 1.65 volts and the processor (Core i5 2ed generation) only supports 1.51 volts. They say going over 1.51 volts can damage the processor and cause BSOD's. If that is the case, why is that memory on the approved memory list? What does the memory voltage have to do with the CPU voltage? Could anyone explain this to me? Does this explanation relevant to anyone else's issues?
    Thanks

1.65v is perfectly acceptable for sandy bridge most 1866mhz+ kits run at 1.65
    the memory controller is built into the processor. the warning comes from fact that on the OLD socket 1336 chips going over 1.5 volts would sometimes fry the IMC of the proc( unless you re-calibrate the vtt voltage even then it was not recommended ) the majority consensus is that 1.65 is perfectly safe for sandy bridge
    the problem stems from you IDIOTS that EXPECT to be-able to run ram beyond sandy-bridges MAXIMUM supported speed of 1333 running a cpu beyond its rating is always hit and miss some chips simply WILL NOT run ram at over 1333 and thats why people are getting bsod's its not the board its the processor
    most chips don't have a problem running ram at beyond 1333 some do and thats when people start *****ing of coruse stuff like strenght of the VRM on the motherboard and the "cleanness" of the power has a effect but in the majority of the cases its just a case of a binned cpu not being capable of running ram at beyond 1333
    Last edited by onemoar; 10-27-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoar View Post
    1.65v is perfectly acceptable for sandy bridge most 1866mhz+ kits run at 1.65
    the memory controller is built into the processor. the warning comes from fact that on the OLD socket 1336 chips going over 1.5 volts would sometimes fry the IMC of the proc( unless you re-calibrate the vtt voltage even then it was not recommended ) the majority consensus is that 1.65 is perfectly safe for sandy bridge
    the problem stems from you IDIOTS that EXPECT to be-able to run ram beyond sandy-bridges MAXIMUM supported speed of 1333 running a cpu beyond its rating is always hit and miss some chips simply WILL NOT run ram at over 1333 and thats why people are getting bsod's its not the board its the processor
    most chips don't have a problem running ram at beyond 1333 some do and thats when people start *****ing of coruse stuff like strenght of the VRM on the motherboard and the "cleanness" of the power has a effect but in the majority of the cases its just a case of a binned cpu not being capable of running ram at beyond 1333
    So, if I own DDR3-1600 ram (1.5v), and haven't been having any issues with the MB bios set as DDR3-1600 for the dram profile, should I in fact have the memory set at DDR3-1333? I have Intel Core i5 2500k CPU

I realize there probably isn't any performance issues by having the DDR3-1600 or even having that as the setting in the bios, BUT, am I going to run into some sort of issue by selecting DDR3-1333 in the bios since that would be a mismatch for the actual installed RAM?

Yours Truly,

IDIOT

PS: calling people idiots isn't nice. FYI

if you are already running at 1600 then no its fine its just that NOT all sandybridge chips are capable of running the IMC at that speed intel doesn't test the chips with ddr3 1600 or ddr3 1866 they test them with 1066 or 1333
    the real fault is with the memory vendors failing to inform people that there is a chance that there chip will not be-able to handle running the ram at the kits rated spec it says on the side of the processor box "support for DDR3 1066 or DDR3 1337 memory"
    NOT DDR3 1600 or 1866 or 2133 granted 90% of the sandy-bridge chips will do 1600 without to much fuss but some simply won't

Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread Information