Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

RRabbi: Are you saying you had no problems with your 1.5 volt memory running it at 1600?
    I had Kingston 1600 1.65 volt memory and I got BSOD's with settings of 1333 (original automatic setting) as well as 1600. I was informed that 1600 RAM would run at 1333 by default on my motherboard with no problems. Intel says I got the BSOD's because of running 1.65 volt RAM in the first place. You had no problem with 1.5 volt RAM. I'd like to hear other people's experience around this memory voltage variable.
    Intel referred me to volume 1 of their datasheet, pages 70 - 73 (out of 110 pages) to understand this issue:
    <www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/2nd-gen-core-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html>
    Are they saying you have to read two hundred pages of technical data sheets before you can safely decide what memory to purchase for your motherboard and processor? It's hard for a mere hobby builder like myself to make head or tail out of all that information.
    I just want to stop the BSOD's.

The link didn't come through:

<www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/2nd-gen-core-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html>

I guess I don't know how to post links, sorry

It seems crazy to suggest that it may not be safe to use memory any faster than 1333, when the ASRock memory support list for the Extreme 4 clearly shows a huge list of supported memory from 1066 all the way up to 2400.

if you are getting memory errors that are related to ram by running the memory at 1333 @ 1.5v then either the timings aren't right or the ram is bad
    and no 1.65v ram WILL NOT cause a bsod

Quote Originally Posted by gordoncanada View Post
    RRabbi: Are you saying you had no problems with your 1.5 volt memory running it at 1600?
    I had Kingston 1600 1.65 volt memory and I got BSOD's with settings of 1333 (original automatic setting) as well as 1600. I was informed that 1600 RAM would run at 1333 by default on my motherboard with no problems. Intel says I got the BSOD's because of running 1.65 volt RAM in the first place. You had no problem with 1.5 volt RAM. I'd like to hear other people's experience around this memory voltage variable.
    Intel referred me to volume 1 of their datasheet, pages 70 - 73 (out of 110 pages) to understand this issue:
    <Laptop, Desktop, Server and Embedded Processor Technology - Intel content="" www="" us="" en="" processors="" core="" 2nd-gen-core-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html="">
    Are they saying you have to read two hundred pages of technical data sheets before you can safely decide what memory to purchase for your motherboard and processor? It's hard for a mere hobby builder like myself to make head or tail out of all that information.
    I just want to stop the BSOD's.
    I had the same BSOD message shown in the subject line of this thread, but I got help in the first thread I posted about it. Honestly, what worked the best was Emily's advice to leave all the default BIOS settings as they were, and just change the CPU Load-Line Calibration to Level 1. Ever since then, no BSOD's... I soon after installed a discrete graphics card and so it's a non-issue for me now anyways...

What I did recently was set the DRAM timing to AUTO which made it switch to DDR3-1333... Is there any benefit to me throwing it back up to 1600? That's what the actual RAM is...

Dave</www.intel.com>

I suppose running memtest86+ could test whether there is something wrong with the memory, including improper timing setting in BIOS. It would be much better to run it for a few hours to test.

Quote Originally Posted by torr17 View Post
    I got DZ68BC. Funny, but there is CHiL CHL8328 too.

How this board performs?

Any freezing or BSOD as the Extreme4?

I havn't got mine yet, so i'll be happy to know if it's stable on your platform.

About ChiL CHL8328, Asus uses the same:

"All modern ASUS motherboards feature Digi+ VRMs which are, as far as we know (that's unofficial), rebranded solutions from Chil — in this case it seems to be CHL8328".

Source:
    http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/mainbo...o-i68z-p2.html
    Last edited by Namrur; 10-29-2011 at 03:09 AM.

RRabbi
    If you run your Sandybridge processor at 1600 it will be 1.65 volts and not be supported by Intel if you have problems. I had problems. Is it worth it?
    I guess that's overclocking for you

Quote Originally Posted by gordoncanada View Post
    RRabbi
    If you run your Sandybridge processor at 1600 it will be 1.65 volts and not be supported by Intel if you have problems. I had problems. Is it worth it?
    I guess that's overclocking for you
    Here's the RAM I bought:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

It says 1.5V on Intel Core i3/i5/i7, and DDR3-1600

So, it doesn't run as advertised? I realize that on the Intel site it does say that Sandybridge supports up to 1333... I guess I'm just confused about the advertising specs/claims on the RAM on Newegg then...

This is from Corsair's website:

Product Description

High-performance 8GB Vengeance Dual Channel Kit, 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24, 1.5V

Key Features

Maximize your system memory capacity for ultimate performance
    Specially selected RAMs for overclocked performance
    1.5 V VDIMM spec ensures compatibility with 2nd generation (Sandy Bridge) Intel Core processor family
    Includes XMP performance profile
    Guaranteed to work on all dual channel Intel platforms
    Aggressive Look you want
    Attractively low price
    World famous Corsair reliability and performance
    Cerulean Blue heatsink
    Last edited by RRabbi; 10-29-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread Information