Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Quote Originally Posted by RRabbi View Post
    I also used this model of Corsair memory (also 8G in total) and it's fine. Try to manually adjust the voltage of the memory to 1.5V and adjust the timing to XMP profile.

I manually set the dram voltage to 1.500V, and set it back to DDR3-1600... the timings are 9 9 9 24, as per the memory specs... When I switched the XMP profile from AUTO to another option, it showed only XMP Profile 1.2... There was a message off to the right that said the motherboard only supports XMP profiles 1.3. Regardless, everything is now manually set as per the memory specs... Thanks...

I guess that since I'm using another graphics card I can't really see if I'd have any BSOD's as a result of the memory in some way...

Quote Originally Posted by RRabbi View Post
    I manually set the dram voltage to 1.500V, and set it back to DDR3-1600... the timings are 9 9 9 24, as per the memory specs... When I switched the XMP profile from AUTO to another option, it showed only XMP Profile 1.2... There was a message off to the right that said the motherboard only supports XMP profiles 1.3. Regardless, everything is now manually set as per the memory specs... Thanks...

I guess that since I'm using another graphics card I can't really see if I'd have any BSOD's as a result of the memory in some way...
    Well, I suppose the msg. of UEFI means that it also supports XMP 1.3 so that you could choose XMP profile 1.2 in the UEFI option.

It appears that BSOD problem is less reported for discrete GPU.

It has been more than 2 months since the last BIOS (1.70) of Extreme4 updated from Asrock website & more than 2 weeks since the last post by me. Did I miss sth. that Asrock have done, if any, to sort out the random freeze/BSOD? Is it becus that nobody has this problem again?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    It has been more than 2 months since the last BIOS (1.70) of Extreme4 updated from Asrock website & more than 2 weeks since the last post by me. Did I miss sth. that Asrock have done, if any, to sort out the random freeze/BSOD? Is it becus that nobody has this problem again?
    I think Asrock just dont know how to fix the problem i brought my gen 3 Extreme4 so i dont have to use a graphics card but that idea soon went out the window when i kept getting freezing restarts. So i have had the gen 1 and gen 2 Extreme4 and still cant run without graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    I think Asrock just dont know how to fix the problem i brought my gen 3 Extreme4 so i dont have to use a graphics card but that idea soon went out the window when i kept getting freezing restarts. So i have had the gen 1 and gen 2 Extreme4 and still cant run without graphics card.
    It appears that gen3 & non-gen3 versions are almost the same, except PCI-E3.0. Therefore it is possible that same problem could arise for using the same VRM and similar UEFI.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    Is it because nobody has had this problem again?
    It's probably because everyone is now running with a fixed vcore voltage - ever since I set mine to 1.115v it has been stable. I tried going back to auto a couple of days ago, and it froze on me after a couple of hours. Changed back to fixed, and it's been good ever since.

So, I've been BSoD free for four weeks - with just a single freeze during that time (and that was due to temporarily going back to auto voltage).

Hey,

Last few weeks i had it, it ran stable because i disabled USB3 controller in BIOS and had fixed VCORE setting. That took care of both problems. Crippled the board though. And some driver had resource leak that caused my sound card to have buffer underflow problems after about 48hrs uptime.

I also had the clock interrupt BSODs when I overclocked my i5-2500k to 4.6ghz, but I had them both under load and at idle. Fixed voltage IMO isn't a good solution because it doesn't let the CPU scale down under idle situations so you're wasting a lot of power.

To solve, I set my voltage to offset mode @ +0.50v which brought my idle voltages up to no less than 1.02v at idle. That solved my idle BSODs. Unfortunately with the LLC set to level 5 I still received BSODs under full load due to not enough voltage at load. I had to drop the LLC all the way down to level 2 (level 1 works too). I haven't had a BSOD in weeks since then, however the CPU can get up to 1.45v at full load with this setting. I have a Corsair h80 so heat isn't a problem, however I have a friend with an Asus board that reaches the same stable overclock at 1.38v.

To anyone that's getting idle BSODs, I would recommend setting offset voltage mode and then gradually increase the offset until you're getting AT LEAST 1.0v at idle. If you get BSODs under load I'd recommend dropping the LLC down to level 1 or 2 and see if that helps.
    Last edited by jdk; 11-28-2011 at 02:00 AM.

I have been having the 0x00000101 BSOD and freezes as well, intermittently since I built my system mid-August. No overclocking. It shouldn't be an issue soon as I will likely have a discrete GPU at the end of the month, but the problem has been bugging me for a long time until I finally found this thread.
    After setting a fixed 1.19 VCore I was able to game for a solid day without any issues. Previously I could almost guarantee a freeze within half an hour while running Zelda: Skyward Sword in Dolphin Emulator. I am glad I found this solution because this thing looks so much better on my PC than on my Wii.
    Question: I also set my RAM to XMP, but it says "XMP Profile 0.0" It does however appear to have the correct timing settings. Is this ok? If I use auto it also has the correct settings but puts the speed at 1333 instead of 1600 (the speed the RAM is labeled). If I manually set my timings and put it to 1600, will that be fine at stock clock?
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @3.4GHz (Stock)
    MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 (BIOS 1.70)
    Video Card: Intel HD3000 on-die GPU
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL)
    Power Supply: Corsair AX850
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper212+ single-fan
    Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread Information