Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Asrock, is this the same problem as yours?

[Phoronix] Semaphores Continue Biting Intel Linux Users

I too, have the same problem. I created a Blogspot blog to chronicle my problem.
    WTF Asrock? I think you guys will like the name.

I think that we should not wait. I'm using now Intel DZ68BC. And no more Asrock. Never.

yup pretty much the same here, fixed vcore voltage does the trick, now i also used a vga card so bsod no longer is an issue, although i still regret that there are no fix coming from asrock...

the only problem that bothering me now is constant disconnect/reconnect every time i use probox 4-bay enclosure connected using usb 3 Mediasonic

that didn't happen on my new i7 2600 with gigabyte z68x-ud7 and didn't happen also on my amd phenom II (also gigabyte mb)

and like i said before, this z68 extreme 4 will be my first and last time i buy from asrock again...

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    It's probably because everyone is now running with a fixed vcore voltage - ever since I set mine to 1.115v it has been stable. I tried going back to auto a couple of days ago, and it froze on me after a couple of hours. Changed back to fixed, and it's been good ever since.

So, I've been BSoD free for four weeks - with just a single freeze during that time (and that was due to temporarily going back to auto voltage).

Da_Man, I am also disappointed that there has been no fix or even official reply since last bios update in Aug. 11, i.e. almost 5 months. I regret that I bought this board with the outcome spending many hours of time to identify the problem and yet I am still waiting for an official fix.

I dun have a discrete graphic card and therefore what I could do is to increase the Vcore (by offset +0.05V) to solve the idle freeze/BSOD (x101 error) problem. Becus of this, the CPU generates an unnecessary amount of heat when under full load/overclocking and it's completely waste of power. I feel so helpless & frustrated since the UEFI does not allow setting of minus voltage for turbo mode and therefore I have no way to reduce the voltage while achieving stability at idle.

Da_Man, it's the second time I bought Asrock mb but I believe it's the last time I buy Asrock.

Lightbulb Extreme Tuner ASRock IES: Is it a solution?

I also have your own problem temporarily solved by setting the vCore to 1.190v.

I noticed that the program Extreme Tuner ASRock IES Utilities is the function (INTELLIGENT ENERGY SAVER) ... I was wondering:

Enabling this feature has the same energy savings of not fixed vCore?
    It could be the solution?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ideandro; 01-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Could it be that the Asrock Z68 Professional Fatal1ty gen3 has the same issues as the mainboards mentioned in this thread?

I've assembled the following system:

Board: Asrock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3
    PSU:OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 Boxed
    MEM: F3-10666CL9Q-32GBXL (32gb G-Skill)
    Video: Onboard (through CPU)
    Nics:
    2 x Realtek PCIe GBE Family (Onboard)
    Intel Pro/100+ Dual (two ports) (PCI)

SATA/SAS:
    Intel Desktop Chipset (onboard, raid capable, max 6 devices, 2x6gpbs, 4x3gbps)
    Asmedia controller (onboard, nonraid, max 4 devices, 6Gbps)
    Areca ARC-1222 (8X SAS RAID PCI-E x8) 2x SFF-8087 (max 8 drives)

Harddisks:

- Crucial m4 CT064M4SSD2 64GB (SSD, attached to Intel Desktop Chipset controller) (System drive)
    - 4 x SAMSUNG SpinPoint T166 HD501LJ 16mb 500 GB SATA (Raid-5, attached to Intel Desktop Chipset Controller)
    - 6 x DH072BB978 HP 72GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD (Raid-5, attached to Areca)

Also 2 external usb drives and a couple of external SATA docks which are attached through an esata bracket to the Asmedia controller.

The reason for this build is a Hyper-V test environment, in Server 2008 R2, running 24/7.

Strange things have been happening since i've been assembling this rig;

I've had two cases of the rig being totally dead when I woke up in the morning (within one week). Fans and PSU are still running, but screen is black. Only a reset helps. Both times DR debug gave Error 45 which apparently has something to do with memory. The first time a complete power shutdown helped. The second time the memory error kept popping up. I powered it down completely again, and pressed hard against the dimms. It seemed they were well seated, but still, after I powered up again the code 45 error was gone. Another strange thing happened though after that second failure; Back in windows my USB drives were gone... I did attach those usb 2.0 drives to usb 3.0 ports, thinking everything was supposed to be backwards compatible. I also noticed that some "Usb Root Hubs" were missing. After installing the newest ASM1042 drivers (I originally used the drivers from Asrock website, newer drivers we're avaiable through drivestation) the root hubs came back up and so did my USB drives...

To be on the safe side though, I applied the following changes to my system since above occurences;

Changed Vcore to fixed 1.300 in bios
    Changed DRAM voltage to fixed 1.5v in bios
    Changed Load Line Calibration from 5 to 3 in bios
    Disabled USB 3.0 in bios and attached my drives to USB 2.0 ports.

I can accept that my memory may be faulty, and i'm still searching for a tool which I can run overnight. Is memtest68+ an option? On the other hand, after seeing this thread, it might as well be an Asrock Z68 chipset issue.

I'm gonna leave the rig running like configured above, and hopefully it will be stable for a while. Problem is that I changed a lot at once, so if it's stable like this, I'm not gonna know which change made it stable ;) Therefore: If I don't get a freeze/black screen of death in the next month I'm gonna reactivated USB 3.0 and attach one of the USB drives to it. I know 2.0 disks don't really get faster by using 3.0, but it's supposed to work.. And in the future I might wanna use my 3.0 ports...
    Last edited by FeakNL; 01-17-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received --- FIXED

Hi everybody, this is my first post, I've just signed up to share what seems to be the final solution to this problem. Briefly I've just followed the asrock tech assistance suggestion: I've installed the L1.60G version of the BIOS (from here: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme4 > Download) and the result is that in one week of moderate use (1-2hours per day) I've never experienced any BSOD. I've noticed that another user posted this solution (referring to L1.60B and L1.60G), I haven't tested the L1.60B.

Hi FreakNL (or anyone else who has an insight).

I also use the Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3. Curious how your system is fairing?

I built my system about 7 months ago, and had a discrete video card from the get go. About a week ago I sold that card, and noticed the BSOD error within a day after having removed the video card from my system.

I see Asrock has a beta BIOS on their site for this board, though from it's brief description, I'm not sure it addresses this problem.

Would dig hearing if your system has been stable, if you tried the beta BIOS, talked with Asrock, or any other developments.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by FeakNL View Post
    Could it be that the Asrock Z68 Professional Fatal1ty gen3 has the same issues as the mainboards mentioned in this thread?

* Trimmed *

@Antani: you are wrong.

Asrock simply cannot design the power distribution. It's that simple.
    Take a look on the power consumption for the new boards.

Z68 Extreme 4 is a very good spec'ed board at a very good price.
    That's not enough though.

I'm never going to buy Asrock again. It's that simple.
    I thought they've evolved but I was wrong.

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread Information