Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

I can confirm that this "bug" occurs on my Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 too. I'm gonna try to set vcore at 1,2

Angry Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Unfortunately I can confirm the bug on my ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 (purchased July 2011):

Intel i5-2500K
    2 x 4GB Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/8G

Problems started when I removed my graphics card (Sapphire x1950xt) in January. I did this around the time I decided to buy an SSD, so I experienced the bug with my old installation on the HDD (some Seagate Barracuda 250GB) and then also on the SSD (Crucial m4 128GB).

I should mention that my board also showed the "Error! System cannot locate HECI protocol" bug for several months, removing the CMOS battery as suggested by ASRock support didn't help. And I once tried to update the UEFI from 1.30 to the then current version: UEFI Update Screen said: "Programming succeeded....", so everything looked good, but afterwards the board did not get beyond "0x19" on the onboard display. (The manual says it stands for "Pre-memory South Bridge initialization is started") However, had to send the UEFI chip to ASRock in the Netherlands, they reprogrammed it and sent it back.

When I mentioned this thread here, ASRock support answered that this bug has not been reported this much in Europe and therefore they can't say much about it. They suggested to set the iGPU voltage to 1.25V, or updating to beta BIOS 1.60B or G. (Yes, of course, I will try to update the UEFI again....). Here is the original reply (in german).

In the end, ASRock Support told me to return the board to my retailer. After I told my retailer about all the problems, they said they will try to get a refund from ASRock - after 10 days I had my money back, thanks to my retailer.

So when I look back now, I think my board was pretty fuc*ed up from the beginning. I'll probably go now for an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, and I'll avoid ASRock in the future for sure.

Question Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Just built Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 paired with i5-2500K. For now using stock settings and on-board video, ACHI mode with a Samsung 830 64GB SSD OS drive and Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM drive and an LG DVD---that's it. 16GB Kingston HyperX 1333 DDR3. Made sure when I bought the RAM it was 1.5.

The board came with BIOS version 1.00. Went to Asrock site and downloaded the newest 1.20 version. Formatted flash drive with FAT32 and used the F6 Instant Flash utility. On reboot it BSODed. The Stop screen went by so fast I could not read it. I got a blinking cursor on the right. Powered off as Windows 7 Ultimate x64 could not load after several reboots. Powered it off, loaded defaults and on cold boot same thing.

I have been building desktops for 15 years and have never had a problem updating a BIOS and certainly never received a BSOD after flashing! The only solution was to pull the CMOS battery, download and flash back to 1.0. After reboot Windows loaded normally and nothing was in Event Viewer. Based on the description in this thread the BSOD was the clock interrupt problem? I have read many articles about this issue. Has it been addressed?

Has a solution been figured out besides upping the vcore? I shouldn't have to up the voltage at stock speeds. I got this chip & mobo so I could do a mild overclock after burn in and having to up the vcore at stock speeds is not okay.

Thanks in advance.

Suggestions?
    Last edited by J.A.G.; 04-05-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Just built Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 paired with i5-2500K. For now using stock settings and on-board video, ACHI mode with a Samsung 830 64GB SSD OS drive and Seagate 500GB 7200 RPM drive and an LG DVD---that's it. 16GB Kingston HyperX 1333 DDR3. Made sure when I bought the RAM it was 1.5.

The board came with BIOS version 1.00. Went to Asrock site and downloaded the newest 1.20 version. Formatted flash drive with FAT32 and used the F6 Instant Flash utility. On reboot it BSODed. The Stop screen went by so fast I could not read it. I got a blinking cursor on the right. Powered off as Windows 7 Ultimate x64 could not load after several reboots. Powered it off, loaded defaults and on cold boot same thing.

I have been building desktops for 15 years and have never had a problem updating a BIOS and certainly never received a BSOD after flashing! The only solution was to pull the CMOS battery, download and flash back to 1.0. After reboot Windows loaded normally and nothing was in Event Viewer. Based on the description in this thread the BSOD was the clock interrupt problem? I have read many articles about this issue. Has it been addressed?

Has a solution been figured out besides upping the vcore? I shouldn't have to up the voltage at stock speeds. I got this chip & mobo so I could do a mild overclock after burn in and having to up the vcore at stock speeds is not okay.

Thanks in advance.

Suggestions?
    EDIT: Was able to use instant flash and upgrade to latest 1.20 BIOS. Reformatted flash drive for FAT32 again, downloaded another copy of the BIOS and worked perfectly. My guess is the first time it was corrupted? Working great now.

There is a beta bios L2.03 avail. from Asrock. Can anyone report whether this could fix this BSOD/freeze problem by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    There is a beta bios L2.03 avail. from Asrock. Can anyone report whether this could fix this BSOD/freeze problem by chance?
    Can you give us the link for that BIOS ?
    Maybe it's a new version adding Ivy Bridge support ?

Yes, it's a new version adding Ivy Bridge Support.

I read in some forums that there are more tweaking parameters in the BIOS.

the link is http://www.asrock.com/mb/beta.tw.asp?Model=Z68 Extreme4

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    No, it doesnt fix it at default (just flashed) settings as mine BSOD within a day.

Unfortunately I'd forgotten what settings I used previously to fix it and didnt note them down beforehand so had to read through all of this thread again. Not sure I did the same this time but working so far.

What did you do? Can you please list the changes again here?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
    What did you do? Can you please list the changes again here?
    Thanks in advance.
    I RMA'd my Z68 Extreme 4. Now I don't get the "Clock Interrupt" Blue Screen anymore. However, the onboard LAN doesn't work on the new board. Rather than request another RMA, I use PCI LAN card. I continued to get Blue Screens for a while (not "Clock Interrupt"ones) until I turned the onboard LAN off in the BIOS (under South Bridge Configuration).

I think it's finally working. Now I want to update to a FATAL1TY Z77 Professional

Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread Information