Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

@kick, i though the max safe limit voltage is 1.4,but anyway i buy the i2500k because the price different between the 2500 and the K version is about 10$ so why don't get the better one that have slightly better integrated gpu, and there's an option to oc, and i did intent to oc it perhaps after i buy aftermarket cooler and after i learn more about oc, but right now its not stable even if its not overclocked, then it would make matter worse to oc it. right? :)

@shkup, thanks for the report, btw with the old motherboard, do you ever try to use the sata II port for the bootdrive?
    and do you increase the core voltage with the new board?
    and in AXTU or similar software what's the range of the core voltage?

i think its doesn't matter if you use the tray or boxed processor, the only different is the fan and the warranty

but the strange thing is SATA III port 0 and 1 come from intel z68 not from marvell, so if there's a fault other mobo brand will have it too

@Ydinsieni, try to check whether you connect your ssd to the sata II or sata III, if its sata III then try the sata II Port

cmon asrock more and more people have the same problem here, please reply >_>
    Last edited by Da_Man; 06-22-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Tech210,again 000101 error is not enough CPU voltage,you need a raise CPU voltage slightly and retest,it try with power saving c1e and eist turned off
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the old board I have never tried to switch any of the SATA3 drives (W.D Black Caviar and SSD) into SATA2 ports.
    I never touched the core voltage of the CPU on any of the boards.
    The core voltage is on the board default level.

I must say that IMO stock core voltage must work. A brand can't expect clients to dig in the bios definitions or should at least update the bios themselves.
    I wrote the tech support but didn't get any response whatsoever even after their vacation.
    Even if the RMA board will continue working flawlessly this is certainly the last time I buy an ASROCK board.

kick is offline Senior Member

I dont like using quotations unless its absolutely necessary ;
    Max safe voltage for 2000k cpu's
    There is a lot of opinion.
    Intel data sheet will have 1.52v ,with a minimum of 0.25v...The 0.25v must be like while pc is running and cpu steps down to its lowest clock and lowest possible voltage it may work at(for me the lowest stepdown/underclock is x16 and 1.1v approx)
    Regular cpu suppliers will tell u 1.36v
    Posters will say dont go over 1.4 on air cooling and 1.5 on water .
    They dont go into the differentiation between fixed and offset voltage..I have no particular qualms at running 1.39normal 1.48 max turbo(offset)under load as long as my temps are ok.

There are a few different posters having z68 probs ,some cant get over 4.2-4.3 overclock some cant get stable out of the standard multiplier range.
    Im just saying even if you are not using a multipler over 37 and cant get stable why not apply 1.36 v max or even 1.25v just to eliminate any doubts about cpu v ,stock intel cooler should handle that nps.
    I mean if I need 1.1v for x16 seems unlikely id get x33 at 1.1v
    Im not talking about asrock should "fix this",just what I might try while waiting.

2.SATA ports
    all I know on that is ,I bought the extreme 6 for its 6 SATA 3 ports cos of the well known intel b2 sandybridge problem.
    Since day 1 on my b2 board Ive used the 1st 3 ports .2 intel,1 marvell(set non bootable) and occasionally the 4th sata3 port.b3 board has been the same .. my hdd is sata3 "rated" but well transfer rates arent sata 3 .

3.What core v do u guys get when u enter the bios..what does it show,not axtu
    If you are going to reset to defaults ,make sure u use the option to load all the defaults not the reset cpu to defaults.
    Only thing you should need to change then in bios when u reboot is from ide to ahci mode and possibly your first boot device.
    Dont reset cmos when pc is running with the handy button..
    Last resort if bios is slightly corrupted and it has happened to me on my old board is take out the battery and leave it an hr/overnight.

4. The clocking guides generally for these cpu's usually recommend leaving all speedstep and power saving enabled,but if u are just going for standard it should work that way too.

5.The "paid" tech advisors on these forums.Well lsdmeasap ,the gigabyte one, is usually v good, when he is around, but he has "long breaks"
    Here in asrock land ,there was an advisor a few months back forget his name , then he was replaced by "Emily".. she appears to be on a bit of a vacation too maybe try a message to her.

The other responses ,aside from people who are having the same problem are from "amateurs" like me. My senior member status doesnt mean anything ,just that I have posted a lot more in the gigabyte forum.

I cant wait for my $100 when I reach 1000 posts yeh right!
    Attached Images Attached Images Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD  A clock interrupt was not received ----x16-jpg 
    Last edited by kick; 06-22-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

You always get teething problems with new platforms,I did when my board came out,I agree you shouldn't need to fiddle in the BIOS for stock clocks but each CPU is different in needing more or less voltage and auto voltage doesn't always get it spot on,maybe when newer bios's get a chance to mature the stability issues will be ironed out,but for now a slight manual tweak in voltages might fix your bsod's/freezing,as for sata3 if you have the b3 revision then you shouldn't be seeing any problems
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kick is offline Senior Member

a.
    Just to be sure u guys are allways running on ahci?.. the board will default to ide mode like most of em. so windows will install ide mode if u dont change it.
    Then if you do install windows ahci and reset the defaults without resetting to ahci in uefi u will get bsods for sure.

Anyway i did a load mbrd defaults and it works like this .
    when I reposted and entered uefi cpu voltage was reading 1.20

Reset to ahci in storage options then off in to windows.

Fired up cpu-z speed ran up to 36 then settled down at x16.

Opened up axtu speed was fluctuating from 33-37( the standard range)even for non k 2000 cpu's)
    cpu voltage read 1.216v then gradually lowered down,but it would do wouldnt it since it was dropping to x16.

Ok time to fire up prime for a load test.

cpu v got up to like 1.22 just for a min or so ..speed was running at 36/3.6Ghz ,actually a little under that cos the base clock is 99.8 on defaults.

The with mbrd feedback the speed settles at 34/ 3.392 Ghz n seemed to be going to stay there...oh VID was reading 1.24.(this is a 2500k,so theoritically with 0 overclock it should be on 33 and if it was a 2600k 34) cpu v settled down to 1.18-1.19 for that speed

bit of testing then took a ss.. see below.

Turned off the test ,speed dropped immediately to x16.cpu v now down to 1.05v, slightly lower than my x16 when running 4.8ghz?then again I use a 100.5 bclock normally and I use llc.
    Axtu is now reading 34/35/36/37 fluctuating up and down with voltage changes like 1.020-1.050v.

However according to cpuz the speed isnt changing at all its stuck right there on 16 or 1.59ghz if u like, which is fine the cpu isnt doing much. but the speed shown in axtu is just well what it would be ready for :)

Soo on the cpu side , u guys could possibly need slightly higher v's than this if on stock cooler cos it could get a few degrees hotter,probably not less anyway..
    If you dont want to put in a fixed voltage go for offset , something like .020+ or the easiset trial if u havent already increase the llc.
    If its on the bottom now(5 for me) try 3 .
    U wouldnt have to go messing with voltages that way.
    Messing with the cpu power draw settings might help too but maybe see if that makes a diff.
    I dont have any gpu offset v so no idea there ,ill just have to leave my on cpu gx dormant .
    Attached Images Attached Images Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD  A clock interrupt was not received ----default-34-test-jpg 
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Quote Originally Posted by shkup View Post
    Do you have SSD drive?
    I have Crucial C300 64GB SATA3.
    I think it's worthwhile to connect all the drives to the SATA2 ports.
    There is some chance that this is a SATA3 ports issue.
    My system was freezing on boot up with a 2tb on the sata3 connector.. have moved to the the sata2 now.. Also i had a random BSOD yest lol im on a 2600k :(

Alas, but I have to join you guys with the same problem.
    My system is 2600k, Asrock Z68 Extreme4 , Hynix 2*4Gb , Zalman ZM600-HP 600Wt, graphics onboard.
    On windows xp sp3 the system just freezes and even reset won't help. On Windows 7 x64 I see the mentioned BSOD 0x00000101.
    It seemes that I have noticed some regularity in freezes\bsod : often it freezes when I do something with drop-down lists, when I enter some www address in browser address box and autocomplete enables. Also noticed that bsod on windows 7 occures when I finish playing in counter strike 1.6. I close CS window , do some cursor movements and the system catches bsod.
    My verdict: bug in graphics support with cpu in mobo (something with simple switching in different graphics modes or what).
    What I tried to do:
    1. disable c1e flag in bios. All the same
    2. Auto add vcore voltage 0,0005. No result
    3 Auto add gpu voltage +50mv. Wait for result, 2 hours no bsod )
    After reading forums I understood that with onboard gpu there will be no deal. So I am going to set up a discrete card ( some posts out there say it helps and people have no bsods after that). Gonna post about results later.
    forgot to say: no overclocking (have not tried yet), all by default
    Last edited by tomek.sergey; 06-23-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: add info

new BIOS !!!!~~~~

1.50 6/24/2011 - (Update CPU code.)

http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...xtreme4&o=BIOS

now I'm testing with default settings...

BIOS: all default
    --only changed--
    sata : IDE -> AHCI
    primary graphic : pcie -> onboard
    Last edited by z68ex4; 06-24-2011 at 05:48 PM.

thanx for information. I have already updated and now testing too.
    Is there any detail info about what changed in new version? Some kind of changelog...

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information