Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Quote Originally Posted by TigerAHB View Post
    No, it doesnt fix it at default (just flashed) settings as mine BSOD within a day.

Unfortunately I'd forgotten what settings I used previously to fix it and didnt note them down beforehand so had to read through all of this thread again. Not sure I did the same this time but working so far.
    Many thx. to let us know the result...although it does not work. BTW, how much voltage could this bios add to the IGPU? The old bios 1.XX only allow a maximum of 100mV. Could this bios allow more voltage adjustment?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    Many thx. to let us know the result...although it does not work. BTW, how much voltage could this bios add to the IGPU? The old bios 1.XX only allow a maximum of 100mV. Could this bios allow more voltage adjustment?
    Same settings. -100 to +100 in 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
    What did you do? Can you please list the changes again here?
    Thanks in advance.
    Originally I went for a fixed vcore at like most but then when it seemed stable with no further freezes or BSOD I o/clocked to 4000 with a higher FIXED vcore which was stable for several months.

As I had forgotten the settings after the recent flash to 2.xx I guessed the settings from a quick read through this thread .... and got it wrong, 2 BSOD and 3 freezes.

Reading a lot more I found Woolball's ~#227 (& #323) looked v similar if not identical to what I had done before so I'm going straight to the overclock again. I must have had my vcore too low this time. I'm still testing settings again.

I had used all latest drivers,etc with ram voltage at 1.5, xmp profile rather than auto (I might have set each item, dont recall now), auto wasnt correct anyway.

I'm getting exactly the same error with my Z68 Extreme7.
    I can reproduce it quite quickly when I run Prime95. I've even upped my vcore to 1.35 and it makes no difference :-(

Filrond is offline Junior Member

Post Solution for asrock bsod on extreme or pro boards

Extreme or Pro.

We have two boards:

*Mine. First P67 Extreme 4 B3 buyed on May 2011. BSODS FIRST DAYS.

8 Gb Gskill 1600 Mhz Ripjaws X (for problems Space with my big Cooler Zalman Extreme CNPSQ10 need change to 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 Mhz) , Ati 6870, Ocz Zx 1250W, Seagate 1 Tb 7200.12 with Windows 7 64 bits + Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and old Maxtor Serial Ata 200Gb with Installed Osx 10.7.0.4 Lion.

I investigated bios options: Option very suspect in Storage configurations: "Sata Aggressive link power management" ....

Look on google in May 2011, a lot of people with BSOD with this option active on Bios.

I disabled this option and never more BSOD.

*Now with my brother computer update:

He buyed Asrock Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3 with other I7-2600, 4Gb Kistong 2000 Mhz (in Sandybridge only work max at 1833 Mhz), Nox Urano II power supply, Geforce Gtx460, Ocz Vertex 4 SSd, Seagate 1Tb 7200.12 second hard disk, Windows 7 64 Bits Ultimate and Osx 10.8.0 Mountain Lion installed on SSd Vertex 4 Hard Disk.

Update bios to last, very nice options and improve great this motherboard. Disable ""Sata Aggressive link power management" .... NO BSODS.

Computers tested with Stability Tests: Aida 64 Stability Tests, Prime 95, CCOP Perestroika, Performance Test, 3DMarks all collection, Memtest... ALL TEST PAST, NO PROBLEMS, NO BSODS.

Edit for add more information Usb 3.0

And now Usb 3.0...... I fight with Usb 3.0... with Asrock Drivers very bad performance and very slow Usb 3.0...

Finally Look for a driver new in Driverstation page. I found version 0.113 the last Etron version Usb 3.0 driver and now work very good.

Hard Disk Sata 1 Tb Seagate in External Case Usb 3.0 Tacens Vectrix II, (a lot of problems with this case in Usb 2.0 and in most Usb 3.0 devices), now with this Driver Etron 0.113 version Work, and Work with Tranfer Rate Stable on 50 Mb/s and 110 Mb/s on Init copy.

With Old drivers 0.96, 0.101, 0.105, 0.106, no work, Slow block Windows 7 64 Bits Ultimate, lost data, no Bsod, but freezes Windows for time and need wait a lot of time for system recover

Now I copy 416 Gb in 50 minutes-1 Hour... is no bad.

Sorry for my poor English

Ps... In Mac Osx Lion, Mountain and Snow Leopard, Etron Usb 3.0 work very fine and fast with driver build by mac avanced users...... is a joke.....

Greetings for all.
    Last edited by Filrond; 08-09-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Add more information

Hello.
    Anyone know if the new BIOS 2.20 for z68 extreme 4, repaired the bsod A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor...". BlueScreenView shows bug check code of: 0x00000101
    thanks

Hi guys, just registered to tell my tales of bsod.

Over the last few months I had been getting these "secondary clock" bsods randomly. All speeds and clocks are completely stock.

After reading some posts I decided to upgrade my bios. I went with 2.20 and proceeded to upgrade. I launched the upgrade and half way through my pc reboots, interrupting the process. My pc tries to boot. It makes it to the windows 7 splash screen and is greeted with a bsod. It is too quick to read.

I decide to re flash 2.20 again and this time it is fully successful. I booted again only to be greeted with another bsod at the windows splash screen.
    After booting again my pc tells me to run windows repair. I run repair and windows tells me that there are errors. I click repair and the system reboots. On reboot windows fails to load and I'm greeted with a screen saying bootmgr error 15 file missing. I reboot m pc again and am now greeted with a red screen with yellow text. I have 5 or 6 options of booting, but I am not be to select any.

I reboot and decide to install a fresh copy windows 7 in a spare drive. I install windows and boot. I'm in. The fresh version of windows boots successfully. I reboot and try to boot from my other drive. No good. Bsod on windows splash screen.

Confused, I turn to Google for answers. After stumbling across this forum I decide to set vcore offset to +0.005. I reboot and select to boot from my old version of windows. It works.

I am now in windows and everything works. I haven't had a bsod yet but it's only been a day.

Dear all,

About this issue, please kindly update BIOS L2.20A from beta zone to try again.
    Link: Z68 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc.

If any question, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

About this issue, please kindly update BIOS L2.20A from beta zone to try again.
    Link: Z68 Motherboard Series Manufacturing - ASRock Inc.

If any question, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    What is new in this version of BIOS? Just some more IGPU Voltage or fixed CPU Voltage?

Hi folks,

recently I updated to BIOS-Version 2.20A and this is my experience with that:

The update took a few minutes and finished correctly. Windows 7 started fine. But all BIOS-Settings (the fan-adjustments in my case) were lost, so I tried to start the "Asrock eXtreme Tuner" utility to stop that fan noise. The tool didn't start anymore, exiting with some exception code. A new version of AXTU is also required (0.1.234). Then AXTU is running again.
    The Vcore voltage seems to be increased with that BIOS-Version. Now I have about 1.165V in idle-state and 1.120V with full load (prime95).

Since the system only ran 1 hour with the new BIOS there is no knowledge about the success in eliminating the BSOD. If I get one, I will post it here.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread Information