Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Just tested the new 2.21A BIOS which the same symptoms occured as well. Strange thing is that it is still reproducible even with a fixed voltage of 1.165V.

I just did more testing and I think the fixed voltage setting is a little broken in the new BIOS. Sometimes when I set a fixed voltage, it runs at auto voltage instead (according to CPU-Z)...

The weird bug I'm experiencing is as follows:

When I set to auto voltage and save and exit; then if I set the voltage to 1.165V and save and exit, the voltage 1.165V shows in BIOS but a check in CPU-Z still shows auto voltage being used. To solve the problem, I must set to another fixed voltage (e.g. 1.16V) before moving back to 1.165V.

Setting to auto voltage and then setting a fixed voltage other than 1.165V doesn't have this issue.

Not a big problem, but thought I might just highlight it.

Overall, I'm still disappointed that it's two years on without any meaningful fix from ASRock yet. And another thing that pisses me off is that Lucid Virtu doesn't seem inclined to support Windows 8 at all (which is the main reason why I need to use IGP in the first place, for QuickSync transcoding).

I too recently started experiencing BSOD after beginning to use the IGPU to hook up to multiple monitors in addition to my graphics card, same as Trenzterra.

Im currently playing around with the LLC levels but am planning to try a fixed voltage of 1.19 soon if that does not help. I've also seen occasional recommendations of disabling Active State Power Management for your storage devices, and am exploring that option now.

Has anyone made any progress on the Idle BSODs? I've been reading this entire forum but have yet to find a consensus on the proper way to resolve it (1.19 fixed voltage from front page is best?)

rene38 is offline Junior Member

Cool Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Hi Folks,

I have an Asrock Z68 extreme 4 mother board since August 2011, and since the very beginning, I experience the same BSOD problem you described. I tried many things without any success until these last days.

The problem was mainly blue screen with the same kind of message you mentioned:
    “A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software.

Technical information:
    *** Stop: 0x00000101 (0x0000000000000019,0x0000000000000000,0xFFFFF8800 09B3180,0x0000000000000004)

Sometimes, the problem was also a frozen screen, requesting me to push on the reset button. I noticed that it might happen just after a mouse action. But it happened also just hearing music, especially Web music. The worst case was when updating my GPS, with systematic 2 or 3 crashes during the long download.

During these 2 past years, I always updated the Bios version every time there was a new one (I am currently using the Bios version P2.20 dated on 2012/06/29). I also noticed that the problem was more frequent with a warm ambient temperature (summer period), as it is the case now. I recently had many crashes because of this. I then was able to make many trials. They consisted in removing one by one my peripherals (USB or PCI), or inactivating one by one the internal ones.

I did not try anything about the CPU OC or Core voltage, confident that the error message was giving useful information (“…disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software”). I did not want to use any OC, thinking that it could be worse.

I finally found this:

When I disabled the mother board Broadcom LAN chipset by the Bios, and replaced it by an old “Fast Ethernet RTL8139/810x” IDE card that I have, the problem disappeared. It is confirmed after 2 days of continuous usage at a warm ambient temperature, while I previously had several crashes per day (2 or 3 these last days before the change).
    Is there a problem about the Broadcom LAN chipset implemented on this Asrock mother board?
    I don’t know. Anyway, I have fixed my problem, and I just wanted to share this result with the community.

“Warm” regards from France.

Rene
    Last edited by rene38; 07-25-2013 at 02:12 AM.

Thank you for your post. This confirms my own experience. I sent my first Extreme 4 back to the manufacturer because of blue screens. Using the second board, I got one or two blue screens, but the onboard LAN did not work. I replaced it with a PCI LAN card and the internet worked. I continued to get intermittent blue screens until I turned the onboard LAN off in the BIOS. I did not bother sending the board back; they told me it was checked at the factory and had been in perfect condition when it left the factory. I figured it was such an easy fix it wasn't worth taking the computer apart again and waiting for another RMA. It has been two years now and the computer has not given me another blue screen. Yes, I think it is safe to say that at least some Extreme 4's had a bug in the LAN chipset.
    Glad you finally got your computer going again.
    Thanks again, Gordon

Thanks for your idea. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread so far as well as my own tweaking, but continued to have intermittent blue screens with the extreme 4 board. It was often reproducable by using the onboard HDMI output at the same time as my video card, but would occur at all sorts of random times. I have just gone into the bios and disabled the onboard LAN, which I wasn't using anyway. I'll report back in a month or when the next blue screen triggers. Here's hoping this works.

In the future, I will likely go back to an ASUS or Gigabyte board. I gave ASRock a chance with this latest board based off of some good reviews online, but have been disappointed with the various problems I've experienced and the support they have received.

I hope this finally licks the problem for you. I look forward to hearing about your success!
    Good luck, Gord

rene38 is offline Junior Member

Hi everybody.

I posted my findings in July2013. This BIOS LAN disabling looked to improve the situation, but after one month of observation, I still had few blue screens, even if it was less than before.

I then decided to force the BIOS CPU voltage to 1.19v, as mentioned several times. It was mid of August 2013.
    After a month, no more blue screen.

I then decided to restore the BIOS LAN enabling. We are end of December, and I had no blue screen at all since the CPU voltage change to 1.19v.
    It means 4 months without any blue screen.
    In my case, the CPU voltage change to 1.19v was the solution.

I don't understand why this is not a default BIOS setup, since this is the official Asrock solution.

Merry Christmas to everybody.
    Rene
    Last edited by rene38; 12-25-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread Information