Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

@kick, thank you for the detailed post, my vcore when on uefi is 1.096, when in the windows sometime it get to below 1 0.9xx,
    during the normal 3,3ghz or during the turbo boost, the voltage never reach 1.22, the max i notice is 1.190, and yes i set it to ahci because on the manual it said make sure to set ahci before installing windows to get optimum performance.
    and thank you for the oc insight, i know it easy as you just need to change the multiplier and vcore, i will try it after i buy an 3rd party cooler

i also agree with what shkup said a user shouldn't messed around on the uefi for the computer to get it working correctly as it should
    especially modify the voltage, or updating the bios, asrock said no warranty if you update your bios, yet you need to update the bios to get the raid working.

sadly there are no return policy here in my country, so if you get a problem, you just need to let it go or bring it to the supplier for repair, and it usually take weeks or months before you get it back even if it not have anything repaired.

anyway back to the topic

seem changing the voltage to manual and set it to 1.190 fixed my issue, its been days without any bsod or freezing problem, but since uefi 1.50 released,i wish it will fix the bsod issue with requiring manual voltage. so i updated my uefi and load uefi default, and only change the sata port to ahci instead of ide, not long after that, i get the same freezing problem and the same bsod,

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 101
    BCP1: 0000000000000031
    BCP2: 0000000000000000
    BCP3: FFFFF880009EC180
    BCP4: 0000000000000001
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

so i'm back changing the vcore to 1.190 in fixed mode,

couple bad thing i read elsewhere and what i do notice

1. you need to update/downgrade your UEFI to L1.34 to use raid or to use your ssd as cache (intel SRT), and using 1.40 wont work, so u stuck with L1.34
    2. after couple hours of use, the PCH (the one with the word V8 on the motherboard) run very hot
    3. you need more voltage when overclocking compared to other board, but i read elsewhere 1.5 seem improve this
    3. if you hear your sound distorted disable the surround (it was enable as default) in the creative THX
    4. no customer service, emailing them couple of times, and its been a week with no reply at all. even the one on this forum read this thread but doesn't reply
    5. you cannot find list of service centre in the site
    6. and of course this bsod issue :D

anyway you can get newest driver update from here ASROCK Z68 Extrem 4 bios & drivers

same as shkup said, this is my first and last asrock product i will buy. its a shame though cos i was interested with the asrock hptc.

I had the BSOD once more with the new board.
    From reading furthermore there are three options -
    1. BIOS update that fixes this issue - I will test it
    2. CPU problem - Forums at the internet says it might be a problem at the built-in VGA controller on the CPU. At first read it seems like nonsense but many reports say that the problem disappears when they use discrete VGA card.
    3. Memory - My memory is 100% working since I massively tested it but it doesn't appear at ASROCK WHQL list. It's a slim chance because many users here have different memory configurations.

I'm trying to think what's common to us all and the answer is not SSD, We all use sandy bridge CPU of course and onboard VGA and if RMA on the board doesn't cut it, it's probably the CPU.

Conclusion - Test the new BIOS and if not working replace the CPU (and if not working replace the memory).. The store is going to like me... LOL.

BTW - I really like ASROCK attitude towards the whole thing - Mysterious bios update. No support whatsoever. Absolutely inspiring.
    Last edited by shkup; 06-25-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: new idea

the changelog said it update CPU Code
    @tomek.sergey

afaik update cpu code mean either
    1. added support for a new processor model
    2. update the micro code to fix bug in the processor

@shkup, yeah search result from google about this particular bsod is very mixed
    i know mine got fixed by manually set the vcore to 1.190 but if something is faulty to begin with, i would really like to change it, as i afraid it will cost me in the long run.

since you changed your board and still have bsod issue, monday i will try to send my processor to the store i buy, and perhaps including buying an aftermarket cooler, hopefully it wont take weeks

anyway one thing i notice, my memory does appear on the asrock list, but in the uefi it doesn't show the xmp profile option, but it show the correct setting

New Bios out now guys, just about to try it!!

ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series Extreme4&o=BIOS

new BIOS 1.50 (6/24/2011 - Update CPU code)

BIOS: all default
    --only changed--
    sata : IDE -> AHCI
    primary graphic : pcie -> onboard

same freezing, same bsod...

Try this driver - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...64_6series.exe

AHCI requires windows7 installaion after changing this setting. If not it will cause BSOD which is not the interrupt BSOD.
    Since the BIOS update I have no bsod.

Dear all

I just bought a new SB computer and experienced BSOD (error code 0x00000101, yeh same as yours!) once and random freeze a few times under low load in the first week such as browsing website or at desktop but not under high load such as prime95 test.

My computer spec.:
    mb: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 with bios 1.40
    CPU: Intel i2600k (under stock speed, not o/c yet) with Gelid Tranquillo
    memory: Corsair Vengenance 8G (1600C9)
    display: IGPU only
    PSU: Antec TPN 550W
    SSD: Intel 510 120GB

I read your experience which was same as mine and felt sorry that I did not notice your thread before I bought this mb, and felt so sorry that z68ex4 shared his experience that the new bios 1.50 did not solve the mysterious BSOD freeze problem.

BTW, I made a few tweaking in the bios at the same time and in the past three days luckily the freeze problem did not appear so far (yes, but only 3 day test!):
    1) set the Load Line Calibration to Level 3;
    2) manually set the memory SPD to XMP Profile 1 instead of Auto (It sounds strange but I read somewhere else some p67 users solve their freeze problem with Gskill memory by changing this setting!);
    3) manually set the memory voltage to 1.50V instead of Auto (becus my Corsair memory uses 1.50V, according to the sticker);
    4) increase IGPU voltage by +50mV.

My Vcore is still Auto.

You may try to see whether this really works to you. BTW, since my computer did not have any freeze/BSOD problem so far, now I try to change back the setting of IGPU to manually +0mV to see whether it related to the freeze problem.

Nothing helps. Fu**ing Assrock

Does no one care about this now?
    I bought new 2500k. does not work. and I got z68 pro3 mb, same bsod LoL.

I will repeat.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    I only changed CPU, mobo from my old systems.

MOBO: z68 Extreme 4 * 2, z68 pro3
    CPU: i5 2500K @ No O.C. * 2
    GPU: Onboard
    MEM: many kinds (samsung 1gb*2, 2gb*4, g.skill 4gb*2)
    HDD: many kinds (wd 1tb, 2tb, seagate 1tb)
    PSU: many kinds (seasonic, enermax, corsair)

BIOS: all default
    --only changed--
    sata : IDE -> AHCI
    primary graphic : pcie -> onboard

possible solutions already tested
    - increase cpu voltage to 1.2 ~ 1.3 (fixed and offset) 71 consecutive hours passed but BSOD
    - increase IGPU voltage by +50mV, +100mv
    - bios update ( 1.1, 1.3, 1.34, 1.4, 1.5)
    - all drivers update (infinst_autol, management engine, intel vga ~15.22.4, RapidStorage, sound, lan.....)
    - windows update ( ~07.04.2011)
    - formatted and re-installed win7 more then 40~50 times ( when I change bios settings or install new drivers then I always reinstall my OS )
    - tried different hdd. wd, seagate ( only 1 hdd. different port sata3(0,1) sata2(2,3,4,5) )
    - tried different kinds of ram, diffrent slot ( only 1 ram in 1, 2, 3, 4) ( 2 rams in 1 3, 2 4) ( 4 rams in 1 2 3 4)
    - tried 3 different PSU
    - memtest all ram module used
    - checked all hard disk used
    - dvi, d-sub, hdmi
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If you want to check this BSOD, try 24hours a day. 2~3 days. not just 6~7 hours.
    and do something with onboard graphics watch HD movies, or play some games.

" we will reply the email as soon as possbile. - ASRock TSD "

I got no reply. are you working on this or not?
    I just want your reply, if you said no problem with ASRock z68 mb

then I think i can prove it now.
    something is wrong with 2500k + ASRock z68.
    It's two 2500k, two z68 extreme4, one z68 pro3.
    is this z68 problem? wait please. I'll get asus, msi, gigabyte z68 mb for this.

It's hard to talk in tweaktown forum.
    Where shall we meet? youtube? twitter?
    I think more people should know about this. I'm ready.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information