Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

Default Re: Asrock Z68 extreme 4 : BSOD A clock interrupt was not received ---

WOW! Now I'm sure it's the board since the restart didn't work after the freeze just as Drakoniae reported!
    By the way at newegg people reported this issue as well.
    I'm not going to change any setting at the board since I want everything to work at default setting.

hmm after a week stable with 1.190 vcore

earlier i get 3 bsod when watching a movie >_>
    one is related to kaspersky so i uninstalled the kaspersky antivirus and continue watching the movie
    and after 20 minutes got another bsod igdkmd64.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    and the third one is the same igdkmd64.sys

all happen when watching a movie

here is all the 3 minidump
    Minidump.zip

dear asrock support please foward this thread to asrock engineer so they can look it up and fix it

thanks

please ignore my last post, it seem the bsod was related to a software (cFosSpeed) that i recently installed, as people are reporting the same problem on their forum, so i uninstalled that.

anyway as some people report, that their bsod problem on asrock z68 ext 4 was fixed when they added external graphic card, so i install my old 9500 GT vga card, and return the vcore voltage to auto

its been 9-10 hour with no bsod or freeze, so if you have still problem even when after increasing the vcore voltage, do try to install an vga card (or borrow one) test it out, see if it fix the bsod problem

so here is the summary based on MY test:

Fixed the BSOD/Freeze issue:

1. Moved my main drive from SATA3 port (intel) to SATA II port (intel), this fixed my bsod problem but introduce the freezing problem.
    2. Increase the vcore voltage manually to 1.190, this fixed the freezing problem
    3. Install an vga card and all uefi setting as default except the ahci (vcore voltage to auto) this seem fixed my freezing problem (only tested for 10 hours, will test it for couple days)

Tried and not fixed the BSOD/Freeze issue:

1. Increasing the IGPU voltage to +50ma
    2. Changed the dram voltage to what's printed on the ram spec.
    3. Reinstalling the windows
    4. Move the ram to another slot
    5. Replacing the processor
    6. Updating from 1.20 Uefi to 1.40 and to 1.50

So if you have the bsod or freezing problem, try the solution one by one.
    this one was solved thanks to the help people that reply here, and zero support by asrock (either email or the official one here)
    Last edited by Da_Man; 07-12-2011 at 01:11 PM.

The VCore Voltage in AXTU software appears to be -0.105V by default.

Increasing this to -0.35V to +0V seems to resolve my 0x0101 BSOD's (I'm only testing with Heroes of Newerth, the crashes usually occur after 10 minutes of gaming).
    This also seems to lock the multiplier though, as there's no "auto setting"?

In the BIOS 1.19V fixed seems to work too (and the CPU wattage and power savings during idle/C-states/IES are still quite acceptable).
    (I have only experienced one hang with no BSOD since then, impossible to tell if it's related)

Any suggested applications for reproducible BSODs?
    Last edited by Lukian; 07-13-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Well more reports from here.

Nothing helped so far that has been told on this thread. This is really annoying Iam starting to think that I will return my asrock board.

First and last Asrock product if things doesn't get working soon

Ps Somekind of info from asrock would be nice too.

Default Asrock Z68 extreme 4

Hi all,
    configuration arrived last week :
    Asrock z68 extreme 4
    corsair ddr3 8Gb (2 * 4)
    XFX HD 6950 video
    logitech g110

no problems until 3 days ago : bsod 's like you've never seen bsod's before ...

any idea's ?

tried almost anything ...

if you had a bsod or freezing issue then try my solution up top,
    btw if you use OCZ SSD then go to their forum and update the firmware as many people are reporting bsod issue on different motherboard using ocz ssd

anyway after more test with the external vga and auto voltage, no more bsod/freezing issue but i do have occasional program hang, like firefox or the explorer window, it show not responding so i had to close the application and restart them.
    so i think the best solution to fix the bsod/freezing issue is, if you use SATA III port then move them to SATA II port, and increase the vcore voltage to 1.190 (or more if you oc' it) or if you have an option to return the mobo, then return it and change to another brand. good luck

I have now returned the board couldnt mess about anymore.

you got bsod also? when you receive your new board do report to us, does the bsod problem still occuring on the different brand or not, so we can know where's the real fault
    thx
    Quote Originally Posted by copystuff View Post
    I have now returned the board couldnt mess about anymore.

will do not sure which to order either of these

Asus P8Z68-V

Asus P8Z68-V PRO

MSI Z68A-GD65

MSI Z68MA-ED55

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread Information