Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Turbo Ucc is not available for 890GX PRO3

Default Turbo Ucc is not available for 890GX PRO3

Lots to like about this MB but mysteriously though Asrock shouts from the rooftops that Turbo UCC is a feature I can't find it anywhere. Supposedly it is available in the bios (1.30) but there are only UCC and Dynamic OC options. Turbo UCC can also be activated by typing "x" at startup but there is no such option on the splash screen and typing "x" doesn't do anything. The pc is supposed to restart and auto clock itself.

I would like to experiment with this because I have disabled cool n quiet in order to get a 5Ghz o/c. Apparently Turbo UCC manages the overclock so that less power is needed during times of low demand.

Thanks!

Default Re: Turbo Ucc is not available for 890GX PRO3

bump

Default Re: Turbo Ucc is not available for 890GX PRO3 (SOLVED)

Quote Originally Posted by channeledbymodem View Post
    Lots to like about this MB but mysteriously though Asrock shouts from the rooftops that Turbo UCC is a feature I can't find it anywhere. Supposedly it is available in the bios (1.30) but there are only UCC and Dynamic OC options. Turbo UCC can also be activated by typing "x" at startup but there is no such option on the splash screen and typing "x" doesn't do anything. The pc is supposed to restart and auto clock itself.

I would like to experiment with this because I have disabled cool n quiet in order to get a 5Ghz o/c. Apparently Turbo UCC manages the overclock so that less power is needed during times of low demand.

Thanks!
    Turns out Turbo UCC simply wasn't available in the 1.30 bios the board shipped with nor the bios update after that. I had occasion to flash to 1.40, which primarily supports the FX cpu series, but found that voilą , Turbo UCC was now prominently promoted on the post splash screen. Not that it's any big whoop. It underclocks the RAM and only gives a 10% boost, although it does easily unlock the extra cores and provide an Asrock implementation of cool 'n quiet.

The entire overclocking screen is redone with many more options. And the best part for me, is that there is now an ACPI option to start the pc from either a USB keyboard or mouse. Previous bios only allowed turn on from a ps/2 mouse.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thread Information