Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68 Pro3 S3 power LED flashing issue

Default Z68 Pro3 S3 power LED flashing issue

I have a Z68 Pro 3 motherboard with Windows x64 SP1 installed. I am putting it to sleep and the power LED is flashing as if I was in S1 rather than S3 mode. I believe that it is correctly going to S3 mode because all the fans switch off (CPU & case) and hard disks stop, etc. and the power usage massively drops. The hybrid sleep work because if I switch off the power, the system then resumes from disk. the windows command powercfg -a shows that S3 is available. The bios settings are all pretty stock with suspend to RAM activated.

What I would like to confirm that the system is in S3 mode and what I have to do to stop the annoying flashing. Note that all my other Windows x64 computers (non Asrock) switch off the power LED when in S3 mode.

Default Re: Z68 Pro3 S3 power LED flashing issue

Dear haggis663,

Z68 Pro3's Power LED flash in S3 mode, it is a normal behavior.
    Please kindly don't worry about this.

If you want to Power LED turns off, please kindly adjust "Good Night LED" to [Enabled] under BIOS for testing.
    ( BIOS/ Advanced/ South Bridge Configuration/ Good Night LED)

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Default Re: Z68 Pro3 S3 power LED flashing issue

Thanks.

I was a bit surprised as both the motherboard manual as well as my previous experience is different.

No matter, your response resolves the query & issue.

Thread Information