Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

I don't know about that,I havn't used asrock so its different,all I know is in Windows power saving options you have high performance(full CPU speed all the time) balanced(low speed at idle,full speed at load) and power saver I think(saves power in reducing CPU speed where possible)

I think instant boot is fast boot up time,its up to you if you want to install and use it

EDIT. Yes enable c states and eist,and yes CPU voltage offset is the same as dvid,enable turbo

CPU will run at full speed if speedstep/eist is disabled
    Last edited by wazza300; 07-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

Dear RRabbi,

Please kindly tell me which model do you use.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear RRabbi,

Please kindly tell me which model do you use.

Thanks!

ASRock TSD Emily
    Sure... It's an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard, and Intel Core i5 2500k (Sandybridge)

I upgraded the bios to 1.50 yesterday..

Thanks,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by RRabbi View Post
    Sure... It's an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard, and Intel Core i5 2500k (Sandybridge)

I upgraded the bios to 1.50 yesterday..

Thanks,

Dave
    Just an FYI too; the whole reason I'm trying to do this was because I've been receiving the same BSOD as described in THIS thread:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-received.html

From what I've read, once I purchase and install a discrete graphics card (XFX Radeon HD 6870) the issue might stop altogether. For the time being, I'm using the onboard GPU from the Core i5 2500K (Intel HD Graphics 3000)

But the main solution that was repeated in the above thread was to set the CPU VCore voltage to 1.190 and disable C1E and EIST

Dear RRabbi,

Please kindly adjust "CPU Load-Line Calibration" to [Level 1] under BIOS for testing.
    ( BIOS/ OC Tweaker Screen/ CPU Load-Line Calibration )

If any problem, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear RRabbi,

Please kindly adjust "CPU Load-Line Calibration" to [Level 1] under BIOS for testing.
    ( BIOS/ OC Tweaker Screen/ CPU Load-Line Calibration )

If any problem, please kindly let me know.
    Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily
    Ok, I made that change... so here's what I've done so far:

Disabled C1E
    Enabled Speedstep
    Set CPU VCore Voltage to Offset Mode and 0.050 as the value
    Adjusted CPU Load-Line Calibration to Level 1
    Switched 'Power Saving' in BIOS to disabled
    Switched Power Saving mode in Windows to Balanced

Now, (with or without Turbo Boost on) the CPU speed and ratio fluctuate no higher than 3700.00 (x37) and no lower than 1600.00 (x16)... Not sure if that's normal or not. I still haven't achieved the static 1.190 VCore setting, but I'll try this (offset mode at 0.050) and see if I get the BSOD again.

Dave

kick is offline Senior Member

1. the general, advice for 2000k processors on sandybridge when overclocking is to leave all speedstep ,cie,eist enabled in order to let the mbrd settings in auto operate properly.

2. The 2500k has a standard speed of 3.3ghz,ie 100mhz base clock x 33.
    On auto settings its max speed will vary from 3.3ghz to 3.7ghz.ie the max speed will vary from x33 to x 37.
    This should happen even if you have a 2500cpu and not a 2500k or a h67 board or a p67 board or a z68 board.

3.In idle mode..ie when there is no load on the cpu it will automatically speedstep down to 1.6ghz,ie 100x16.
    Its cpu core voltage requirement will drop proportionately ,from most of the posts here the value seems to be in the1.17-1.21v range at 1.6ghz(idle)

Offset mode ,in my experience is the extra voltage u need to operate at the max overclock your cpu/pc can handle.

Setting your own voltages for cpu core hasnt allways worked for me ,if its too low ,it may test under load just fine, but then give a random bsod or the "machine error" or gx driver failure.

For me and bear in mind these are the boards auto settings for 4.4 and 4.6..

(a)autoverclock of 4.4ghz gives a voltage of 1.34 cpu core on entering bios(uefi).. the offset voltage is .040v.
    This gives a theoretical maximum of 1.38v for operation at 4.4ghz.
    In practice it wont reach 1.38v on my cpu ,because it doesnt need it and the llc is set at lvl5 and on mu setup i dont need to have it higher.

(b)for 4.6ghz it is 1.365v base ,offset of .070v and llc still at lvl 5 and everything is good.theoretical max voltage at full speed is 1.435v but cpu doesnt reach that its more like 1.42 under full load.

------------------------------------------
    4.8 ghz needs some input from me.
    If i didnt change anything it would work out as 1.39-1.40v base +.095v offset with llc at lvl 5.

llc at 5 doesnt allow the voltage to go over 1.46v and so 4.8ghz isnt stable under load.
    To compensate for this I have 2 options , I either have llc set at 3 or I increase the offset to 1.10v.
    I chose the llc set at 3 option as having an offset of 1.1v brings the theoretical maximum cpu v very close to the intel 1.52 Vne.
    Max load cpu voltage is 1.47-1.48v.

The other thing on the above is at standard/default settings ie 3.3-3.7 ghz max my cpu voltage goes from like 1.17v at idle to 1.25v full speed(cpu doesnt stay on 3.7ghz the whole time tho it moves up and down between 3.3 and 3.7 or x33 and x 37 if you like.

setting my cpu v at 1.19 and a +.040 offset would give me like a maximum of 1.23v.

There is another consideration.

The maximum power draw in watts that you set for the main cpu power line.
    At default settings this is 110w short duration,90w long duration.. default settings dont need much of a power draw.

For overclocks ,at least for overclocks above x44 or 4.4ghz,i find i need the short duration set to 216w or in another format (18a x 12v).
    and long duration at 190w. (max short duration 1 sec)
    If those figures arent inserted the cpu speed under load at 48 multiplier may vary from say 4.3ghz to 4.7ghz as the cpu doesnt have sufficient power to prevent stepping.

If you are just trying for standard cpu clockspeeds i wouldnt be afraid of trying any voltages up to 1.36v fixed or say 1.30 and .050v offset..., altho they shouldnt be needed to maintain stability..
    Hope some of that helps.
    Watch temps .. and cpu voltage requirements may vary a bit also,from one batch of 2500k's to another.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

@kick... Thanks for that reply, really detailed... Right now tho, my goal wasn't really to overclock, but rather to eliminate those pesky BSOD's... on the other thread I found, someone posted: "Tech210,again 000101 error is not enough CPU voltage,you need a raise CPU voltage slightly and retest,it try with power saving c1e and eist turned off", and then the consensus was to raise the voltage to 1.190.

Emily from ASRock advised me to set the CPU Load Line Calibration to 1, and she also posted that in the other thread so I've been running on that with no problems so far. I wonder tho, if that's all I had to do, do I also still need to disable C1E, Speedstep, do the Offset mode for VCore voltage (or can I put it back to auto, or even fix it), keep Turbo enabled/disabled, etc...

@Emily, can you confirm what the other settings need to be set at to ensure some stability? This would tie up some loose ends for me, and I'm sure would help others with the same problem who stumble upon this thread.

C1E: Enabled or Disabled?
    Speedstep/EIST: Enabled or Disabled?
    Turbo: Enabled or Disabled?
    CPU Load Line Calibration: Already confirmed it should be 1
    CPU Core Voltage: Auto/Fixed(what value)/Offset(what value)

Again, I'm not TRYING to overclock... Yet.

Dave

I would put everything back to how it was,eist/c1e enabled,voltage offset on auto and stick with llc level 1 and see how it goes,llc will stop vdroop,similar to raising CPU voltage or adding voltage in offset
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear RRabbi,

Please kindly load BIOS default settings first and then adjust some settings for overclocking as below.
    1. CPU Ratio Setting -> [Manual]
    Max Ratio -> According to your need and CPU, you can adjust the value.
    2. Turbo Power Limit -> [Manual]
    Short Duration Power Limit (PL2, Watt) -> [223]
    Long Duration Power Limit (PL1, Watt) -> [200]
    3. CPU Core Voltage -> [Offset Mode]
    Offset voltage (V) -> [+0.095V]
    Or you can adjust CPU Core Voltage to [Fixed Mode].
    According to CPU overclock status, you can adjust Fixed Voltage from 1.200V to 1.45V to try.

Above value is just for your reference, you can adjust some settings according to the overclock.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information