Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc




  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    I was getting the BSOD errors, and after researching in this forum one of the solutions was to tweak the Vcore to 1.190 instead of auto. I also disabled speedstep and powersaving. When I re-boot, the BIOS UEFI still shows 1.190, but in Windows 7 on the ASrock tuner and CPUID, I still see the voltage fluctuating and the frequency still shows as 3.300 for my Intel Core i5 2500k...

    Am I missing something?

    Dave

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    You mean CPU speed stays at constant 3.3ghz? And voltage goes lower than 1.190v? Did you disable eist and c1e in BIOS?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    You mean CPU speed stays at constant 3.3ghz? And voltage goes lower than 1.190v? Did you disable eist and c1e in BIOS?
    c1e was disabled... no idea where to disable eist in the BIOS... i've looked everywhere, or maybe i'm blind...

    Dave

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by RRabbi View Post
    c1e was disabled... no idea where to disable eist in the BIOS... i've looked everywhere, or maybe i'm blind...

    Dave
    OK, just googled EIST and realize it's Speedstep.... yes, both disabled

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    It's in their somewhere,under advanced CPU features,if you can't find it just look in windows/power saving and select high performance,voltage won't throttle then

    Do you have CPU dvid in the BIOS? There's a way to increase your idle voltage slightly and more under 100% load and still keep all c states enabled by adding small amount if voltage in dvid,if your cpu voltage has a normal setting set it to that or if not try auto and set +0.0500v in dvid,enable all power saving and see if bsod's continue,keep an eye on voltages and temps
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    It's in their somewhere,under advanced CPU features,if you can't find it just look in windows/power saving and select high performance,voltage won't throttle then

    Do you have CPU dvid in the BIOS? There's a way to increase your idle voltage slightly and more under 100% load and still keep all c states enabled by adding small amount if voltage in dvid,if your cpu voltage has a normal setting set it to that or if not try auto and set +0.0500v in dvid,enable all power saving and see if bsod's continue,keep an eye on voltages and temps
    Still constant 3.3ghz and voltage shows less than 1.190 (and fluctuates). EIST and C1E disabled, and power setting set to High Performance in Windows... Does "Power Saver" need to be disabled in Bios? Are there any other settings set at AUTO that I need to change?

    What sucks too is, I have to reinstall Windows 7 anyways. When I upgraded the BIOS to 1.50, it somehow switched my SATA settings to IDE and then Windows wouldn't boot (I didn't realize that this is what happened). I re-installed Windows 7 but now it's in IDE mode and so I'll have to re-install again after correcting the BIOS.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by RRabbi View Post
    Still constant 3.3ghz and voltage shows less than 1.190 (and fluctuates). EIST and C1E disabled, and power setting set to High Performance in Windows... Does "Power Saver" need to be disabled in Bios? Are there any other settings set at AUTO that I need to change?

    What sucks too is, I have to reinstall Windows 7 anyways. When I upgraded the BIOS to 1.50, it somehow switched my SATA settings to IDE and then Windows wouldn't boot (I didn't realize that this is what happened). I re-installed Windows 7 but now it's in IDE mode and so I'll have to re-install again after correcting the BIOS.
    Also, I can choose Auto, Fixed or a percentage increase for the CPU Vcore Voltage... Maybe I should try 0.0500v? The thread I was reading tho in this forum said specifically to set it fixed at 1.190...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    CPU speed/voltage only throttles down if CPU voltage is set to normal or auto,fixed voltages won't let it throttle down at idle,enable all c states and set to balanced in win7/power saving,then set CPU voltage to normal or auto and try dvid +0.0500v

    No need to re install win7,boot up in IDE mode and Google enabling ahci Windows 7 and do the reg tweak,its easy I've done it lots,saves you re installing just follow the guide for enabling ahci after win7 installation

    EDIT the reason why they say use 1.190v is to stop ur CPU voltage dropping too low as it clocks down at idle,if it drops too low it causes bsod,dvid will add a touch of voltage at idle and load and still allow CPU to clock down in voltages at idle only it won't drop as much making it more stable
    Last edited by wazza300; 07-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    CPU speed/voltage only throttles down if CPU voltage is set to normal or auto,fixed voltages won't let it throttle down at idle,enable all c states and set to balanced in win7/power saving,then set CPU voltage to normal or auto and try dvid +0.0500v

    No need to re install win7,boot up in IDE mode and Google enabling ahci Windows 7 and do the reg tweak,its easy I've done it lots,saves you re installing just follow the guide for enabling ahci after win7 installation

    EDIT the reason why they say use 1.190v is to stop ur CPU voltage dropping too low as it clocks down at idle,if it drops too low it causes bsod,dvid will add a touch of voltage at idle and load and still allow CPU to clock down in voltages at idle only it won't drop as much making it more stable
    OK cool, I'll try that... For the power saving mode in Windows 7, it also gives me the option of the Instant Boot software that came with the motherboard... If I don't have that selected in the power saving settings, do I even need to have it installed? OR, can I opt for that instead of Balanced? Sorry to go off topic. Oh wait, I just apologized to myself. ;)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40

    Default Re: CPU Core Temp (VCORE) fixed in BIOS but seems to be auto in Tuner, Cpuid, etc

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    CPU speed/voltage only throttles down if CPU voltage is set to normal or auto,fixed voltages won't let it throttle down at idle,enable all c states and set to balanced in win7/power saving,then set CPU voltage to normal or auto and try dvid +0.0500v

    No need to re install win7,boot up in IDE mode and Google enabling ahci Windows 7 and do the reg tweak,its easy I've done it lots,saves you re installing just follow the guide for enabling ahci after win7 installation

    EDIT the reason why they say use 1.190v is to stop ur CPU voltage dropping too low as it clocks down at idle,if it drops too low it causes bsod,dvid will add a touch of voltage at idle and load and still allow CPU to clock down in voltages at idle only it won't drop as much making it more stable
    OK, CPU Voltage has been set to "offset" (only other options were Auto and Fixed), and I chose 0.050. Power Saving in Windows is set to Balanced, and disabled in the BIOS (should it be enabled?). I shouldn't notice any change in the clock speed, right? Currently it's still 3.3... Does Turbo need to be enabled/disabled in the Bios?

    Thanks for your help...

    Dave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •