Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock z68 extreme4 LAN problem

Default Asrock z68 extreme4 LAN problem

Hello,

I encountered a strange problem with the onboard LAN adapter of the Asrock z68 extreme4.

Problem: The cable is not recognized. The adapter itself works, at least Windows does not report any errors.

What happened: Yesterday I assembled my new computer. Everything worked fine (including the LAN). The GPU only ran with 8x instead of 16x as I used one of the lower PCIe ports. So I had to switch the ports. While doing so I also installed two more hard drives from my old computer. After the next boot the ethernet-cable wasnīt recognized anymore.

Already checked (even if some things shouldnīt have changed anything):
    - reinstalled the driver
    - deactivated and activated the adapter (BIOS)
    - deactivated and activated the adapter (Windows)
    - switched GPU back to the lower slot
    - pulled all plugs of the "new" HDDs
    - tried windows-repair
    - tried using another cable
    - reinstalled Windows
    - installed an old PCI-card -> works (this means the cable is working too)

I have no ideas left. I searched the web for known problems and I only found two ratings in an online shop with "bad LAN port" and "dodgy LAN port", but no further information was given.
    There is one thing I did as well. I updated the BIOS: 1.20 -> 1.50, but I am pretty sure the LAN was working after the update. I didnīt find any problem-reports with the new BIOS either.
    Maybe someone has an idea or heard something similar? Otherwise I can only assume the adapter is damaged somehow. Maybe a loose contact.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Default Re: Asrock z68 extreme4 LAN problem

I have the exact same problem, been using it for a week, installed an aftermarket cooler still worked fine. This morning I re-seated the cooler with some better TIM and now "No cable detected" on my onboard network adapter, this is the same problem down to the letter that you posted above. Did you find a solution to this problem?

Cheers

No I did not find a solution. I sent it back to the shop I bought it from, hopefully theyīll send me a new one without any problems.

Before sending it back I tried some other things like:
    - Configuring the adapter 10/100 mbit etc.
    - Tried other BIOS version (1.40)
    - loaded default values in BIOS
    - used the CMOS reset button

Didnīt change anything though. Whatīs important to know is: Did you flash the BIOS as well? If so did the network adapter work after the flashing?
    If you didnīt change anything except taking the cooler off and putting it back and the network worked before and after it didnīt... my guess is your onboard adapter is damaged. Why? I do not know, but mine was obviously damaged somehow and I didnīt come near it while switching the GPU position.

I have the same issue with my Asrock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard..

From what I've inspected, I've found there is a conflict in this board bewteen LAN and USB 3.0 port.

Try to disconnect any device from USB 3.0 socket and restart your PC, and your LAN will come back. Then you can connect back your USB device.

I'm not using any dedicated graphic card.

Updating to 1.6 ver. bios won't work.

Asrock won't reply to my emails.
    My first and last Asrock experience.
    Last edited by Namrur; 07-23-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Did you installed Accusys Inc – Storage- ACS-6xxxx” driver from windows Update?

ASRock > Products > P67 Extreme4 > FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Namrur View Post
    If I knew that, I wouldn't buy Asrock.

They won't reply to my emails! My first and last Asrock experience.
    Stop whining like a baby. I have always get reply from ASRock support.

Different board? At least that driver is now shown for the z68 version. ;) Oh and on that usb 3.0 issue: I did not connect any usb 3.0 devices so I did not have that issue. Still good to know if it happens again. I had my board replaced by the online shop and I have no issues with the new board yet.

Quote Originally Posted by radier View Post
    Did you installed Accusys Inc – Storage- ACS-6xxxx” driver from windows Update?

ASRock > Products > P67 Extreme4 > FAQ

Stop whining like a baby. I have always get reply from ASRock support.

Yeah, right...

I didn't installed Accusys Inc – Storage- ACS-6xxxx.
    When pluging out all USB devices and restart, LAN comes back.

No LAN issues with my old PC adn D-Link 2650U router.
    Last edited by Namrur; 07-26-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariovist View Post
    Different board? At least that driver is now shown for the z68 version. ;) Oh and on that usb 3.0 issue: I did not connect any usb 3.0 devices so I did not have that issue. Still good to know if it happens again. I had my board replaced by the online shop and I have no issues with the new board yet.
    Yeah, differnt board where the same question has been found.
    I trying to solve that as well, trying any board that can be active with this issue, and to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariovist View Post
    No, I didn't say "connecting a USB 3.0 device", but using any USB device on your board usb 3.0 suckets.

My external HDD and USB keyboard are both cousing the issue when one of them connected to a USB 3.0 sucket. Take out anything conncted to your board USB 3.0 and restart your PC, then check if LAN works.
    Last edited by Namrur; 07-26-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Thread Information