Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

Default Re: Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

It seems like my mobo's having issues. I did the same thing as you (set priority to PCI-E, then set IGP shared memory to Auto) but still have nothing. I also tried to update the BIOS with the latest one and beta, but nothing changed. I guess it's time to bring back the motherboard and maybe get a different one. Too bad the z68 Gigabyte one's available here doesn't have VGA output, which is also weird.

That's a really orange video card. At least the one in this picture. I see that it has a six pin power connector on it. My GTX 460 had two of those and I had to use an adapter cable that came with the card, to supply power to both connectors.

Yeah, my XFX PSU has a couple of those PCI-E power connectors and tried to connect each of those into the card. Still, no signal. I also tried an even older 7300GT, still nothing.

There is this note in the manual:

1. For Windows® XP / XP 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit users, if you plan to install
    the PCI Express graphics card for video output, please set the UEFI option "IGD
    Multi-Monitor" to [Disabled] to disable the onboard VGA in advance.

Don't know if you did that. I don't think I had to.

Yes, I have the exact same issue with my XFX HD5770...I thought that my card was the issue but you are using an nvidia card it seems, so there goes that.
    I have PCI-E selected as my primary adapter in the BIOS, but still nothing. Onboard graphics work fine, but crappy intel graphics are not gonna cut it.

@Wazza300 This board only has a single PCI-E x16 slot
    @brukster I'm fairly sure my manual did not say anything about using a dedicated card....believe me I looked!!! Because I was sure I was missing something.
    Last edited by GroBeMaus; 07-14-2011 at 11:21 PM.

That quote I put in was from the Pro3 online manual way in the back someplace. It's also the very last thing in the Extreme4 manual. I don't know if it applies to Windows 7. Couldn't hurt to try that option but maybe you already did.

I suppose it could result in no display at all, which would be some amount of hurt :) and require a clear cmos.
    Last edited by brukster; 07-15-2011 at 02:13 AM.

The Asrock Z68 PRO3 has 3 video related BIOS settings: Primary Graphics Adapter, Render Standby, IGD Multi-Monitor
    by default IGD and Render Standby are enabled by default. I have Primary set to PCI Express and left the other two enabled. What
    really sucks is that if my monitor isn't connected at boot to the onboard, like if I'm testing the PCI-E card and it doesn't work, I can't
    connect it back to the onboard DVI and get video. I have to wait until I think I'm at the windows logon screen and press the pwr
    button to make the system shutdown. Then I'll get the video back for the onboard connector.

Kind of makes troubleshooting a real pain in the butt.

Edit: Sorry there is the "OnBoard VGA Share Memory" option also...set to "Auto" by default.
    Last edited by GroBeMaus; 07-15-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Issue is resolved by clearing the CMOS using the motherboard jumper. Yes, this is apparently needed fresh out of the box. My system is working fine now.

Anyone who has problems like mine? Maybe we can solve it quickly with the support Asrock. coach handbags for womencoach handbags make ladies feel charming coach handbags receiving lowest costs online

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information