Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bios problem or not

Default Bios problem or not

Hi Iam new to the forum and Iam having difficulty getting a new ATI sapphire 5450 1gb hdmi graphics card to work on my computer. My motherboard is a conroe 1333-dvi/h, I am usin windows 7 64 bit and when I install the card and installation disc I get no video signal on the monitor. Having read some other postings in other forums, it suggests it may be the Bios, I recently updated the Bios to version 2.10 and everything else on the computer is stable and working fine, any suggestions would be greatful. Cheers Hugh647

Default Re: Bios problem or not

You were using the on-board video to update the BIOS? Latest BIOS 2.10 installed?
    You may need to do a full reset and disable the on-board video.

Dear Hugh 647,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send BIOS L2.13 to you for testing.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Hi Emily my email is h.blair@ntlworld.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear Hugh 647,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send BIOS L2.13 to you for testing.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Hi Emily my email is h.blair@ntlworld.com
    Thanks for your help

Hi DarkseeD I upgraded my pc from XP to Windows 7 my old graphics card was not compatible so I bought a sapphire 5450 1gb Hdmi card and tried to install using disc provided to no avail, prevoiusly to get windows 7 to work I updated the Bios in Windows version using only the on board graphics. Iam concerned if I disable the onboard graphics -update the Bios and insert the new graphics card I will get no video signal to the monitor and therefore how would I see what to do or follow instruction?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKSeeD View Post
    You were using the on-board video to update the BIOS? Latest BIOS 2.10 installed?
    You may need to do a full reset and disable the on-board video.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh 647 View Post
    Hi DarkseeD I upgraded my pc from XP to Windows 7 my old graphics card was not compatible so I bought a sapphire 5450 1gb Hdmi card and tried to install using disc provided to no avail, prevoiusly to get windows 7 to work I updated the Bios in Windows version using only the on board graphics. Iam concerned if I disable the onboard graphics -update the Bios and insert the new graphics card I will get no video signal to the monitor and therefore how would I see what to do or follow instruction?
    My thought was you'll disable the on-board video after introducing the card (Sapphire), see the POST and entering BIOS...

Hi there,
    I've got the same problem, Board ConRoe1333-dvi/h and a pcie 2.0 radeon 5450 card and no output on Monitor even the BIOS is invisible.
    Did you solve the problem and if so how?

mail to tweaktownsolution@mcgerhard.de

Problem solved BIOS updated to L2.13 from ASrock solved everything DOS version, can post full instructions if anyone interested, card was detected and AMD CCC installed no problems everything functioning fine

CHEERS Hugh

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information