Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z68 PRO3 has no video output on XFX HD5770

Default Asrock Z68 PRO3 has no video output on XFX HD5770

Just put together my nice new shiney parts...

1. Asrock Z68 PRO3
    2. 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600
    3. Intel i5-2500K (@stock speed)
    4. XFX Radeon HD5770 1GB (which was moved from the previous system)

I get absolutely NO video output from my PCI-E card connections. I can only get video from the onboard
    connectors and my card does not show up in devices under Windows 7 either. I have verified that the card
    works (Still) with another system, what gives? I saw two other people somewhere having similar issues, both
    had an XFX HD5770 but that may have been unrelated.

Manual does not mention anything special regarding dedicated video card setup, which is disappointing if there is something required.

Default Re: Asrock Z68 PRO3 has no video output on XFX HD5770

Ok, I have updated to the latest BIOS 1.50 and still no video. From everything I have read the onboard igpu should turn off when you plug in a PCI-E card, UNLESS
    you tell it NOT to in the BIOS. Then you can use the lucid software to use both. Looks like this board is going back and a new (read: different) one is going to replace it.
    First bad newegg board ever :(

Default Re: Asrock Z68 PRO3 has no video output on XFX HD5770

Issue is resolved by clearing the CMOS using the motherboard jumper. Yes, this is apparently needed fresh out of the box. My system is working fine now.

Thread Information