Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Intermittent USB Support On Asrock 890GX Pro3

Default Intermittent USB Support On Asrock 890GX Pro3

Hey guys...The problem I'm having is on boot up there is no usb support and my keyboard & mouse are dead in the water.Without any control for Windows I now have to shut down with the power or reset button,and you know what that does to widows when you do it to many times.Seems most times it happens just after installing software that requires a reboot or making adjustments in the bios.Upon rebooting the usb's are now dead and requires another reboot.At this point most of the time usb support comes back and will continue to work until I install another bit of software or go in the bios again.

This board is equipped with the new UEFI bios interface which means it also uses the usb mouse and keyboard in the bios to make adjustments,and yes it does lose usb support in the bios as well.A hint as to when I will have the problem is on boot-up if I try to get into the bios and hit the F2 or Delete keys the PC ignores the commands and goes right past the post screen.When entering windows the keyboard & mouse are dead with no control,again I have to now shut down with the power or reset button and restart the PC.Tried changing some settings in the bios such as disabling Legacy support for usb2.0 & 3.0.When doing this the keyboard & mouse don't work at all.Have to reboot with a PS2 keyboard and change the setting back.Then I tried just disabling Legacy support for just usb 3.0 and the system boots and the problem is reduced,not stopped just not as many incidents.Which leads me to believe there is some kind of a conflict going on between the two usb controllers.My guess is ether a bios update or driver update might be the fix.

I'm using the 1.33(beta) bios which with all my testing is the best one.I was on the Asrock site looking for answers and saw a micro version of my motherboard the 890GM Pro3 R2.0.Most of the features are the same including the chipset,socket,and bios interface when I checked for a bios update there was a 1.40 which implemented a new usb code.So I'm trying to get my hands on another beta from Asrock with the new code included.Hell I would have flashed my board with the GM's bios but the flash program wouldn't do it...probably just as well.Any ideas would be appreciated the board is great aside from this problem.

System:Seasonic 800 watt modular PSU - AMD 1090T X6 - Zerotherm Zen FZ120S cooler - Asrock 890GX Pro3 - WD 1TB Black HD(Sata running in ACHI mode) - 2X4 gig sticks of 1600 Kingston Hyper X memory - AMD 6870 video card - Twin LG Burners(SATA) - Thermaltake Bach VX case - AOC 22" flat panel

Default Re: Intermittent USB Support On Asrock 890GX Pro3

Update: What I discovered is that I get the problem with the usb support when I ether restart or use the reset button.If I just plain shutdown and start the PC again I will have usb support every time.Strange why restart or the reset button would give me this problem but thats whats happening.Thats also why it messes up when I install software because I've been using restart.Co-mon guys lets get those brains a-chirnin I need some ideas.Or how about Asrock Tech help Emily.....HELP! I know I'm not the only one that is having this problem with this particular board.

I think its a known issue with the reset button,well same problem on gigabyte boards,you should always reset/restart pc from windows anyway,I would wait till newer bios's come out to fix it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    I think its a known issue with the reset button,well same problem on gigabyte boards,you should always reset/restart pc from windows anyway,I would wait till newer bios's come out to fix it
    Yeah I agree....I am almost sure it's a bios problem.I always use the windows restart,it wasn't until this problem showed up that I started to experiment to see if anything else caused the problem as well.Going back to bios I gotta tell ya when I got the board it had the 1.20 bios in it and it did it right off and more frequent I flashed to the beta 1.33B and thought I had it licked but started getting the problem intermittently.So think I'm on the right track,now just have to wait for Asrock to get on the stick.

It's a brand new model so I should see some new bios's in the coming months..........Asrock where are ya when we need ya! Thanks Wazza for the response...anyone else?...keep em coming!

UPDATE: Since the last time I posted I have been working on solving this problem.Well Wazza and I were right it is definitely a bios problem.I flashed to the earliest bios (1.10) before Asrock did any mods and the problem is now GONE! The PC boots perfectly with USB support intact.Going into the UEFI bios is perfect,no problems with mouse or keyboard everything working 100%.

So what ever Asrock has done with the newer bios's the improvements or changes have messed up the USB support.I hope Asrock sees this and comes out with a fresh bios for this board.As for their on line tech help it's no help at all.TELLING ME TO SEND BACK MY BOARD TO THE VENDER is not my idea of tech help.This is my first time dealing with Asrock and I'm not impressed.As nice as their products are their only as good as the companies reputation.Thanks to Tweaktown for helping to solve these problems when these mother board companies leave you high and dry.

Asrock forgets about its product when a newer one comes!! They recommend updating the board instead of bios!!!
    ASRock AM3+
    This is not only the asrock which is so; Unfortunately most business firms are such somehow; The difference is that some are better than others.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...a-forever.html
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...date-will.html

Quote Originally Posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
    Asrock forgets about its product when a newer one comes!! They recommend updating the board instead of bios!!!
    ASRock AM3+
    This is not only the asrock which is so; Unfortunately most business firms are such somehow; The difference is that some are better than others.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...a-forever.html
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...date-will.html
    Yeah I can understand that but they know the average person is not going to update their board every time a new one comes out.Minimum 2 years most stroke their equipment for much longer.They should at least stay on top of it for at least a year or two before they give up on it.God considering the money it costs to try and stay some-what current these companies should be a little more helpful especially if they want to increase their customer base.I had a Foxconn A7DA-S before this board and I don't care what ever problem I had they always got back to me with some suggestion.They didn't say..."If the default settings don't work ship it back to the vender"...And what kills me is they know what a pain in the butt it is to RMA.Anyway I hope Asrock comes out with an updated bios

Thread Information