Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 BIOS changes suggestion

Default Asrock Z68 Extreme4 BIOS changes suggestion

I'd like to suggest a couple of UEFI/Bios changes for the Asrock Z68 Extreme4, but not limited to this one motherboard.

1) Provide an option to disable LLC. Current options allow levels 1 to 5, but no "Disabled".
    2) Wake on PS/2 or USB keyboard power on setting in "Advanced\ACPI Configuration", NEEDS an option for a specific key press. Current option allows only "Any key". To avoid curious hands from children or accidental key press on a keyboard, please implement "CRTL-ESC" or "ALT-TAB" key press to Power on from a PS/2 or USB Keyboard.

Thanks.

<edit> - if anyone else has any bios change suggestions, please feel free to add to this thread.
    Last edited by jayc72; 07-26-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 BIOS changes suggestion

From the lack of response to this thread, I take it that there is NO Asrock representative here to assist or pass on information to the Asrock engineers.
    Has an Asrock rep even replied to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jayc72 View Post
    I'd like to suggest a couple of UEFI/Bios changes for the Asrock Z68 Extreme4, but not limited to this one motherboard.

2) Wake on PS/2 or USB keyboard power on setting in "Advanced\ACPI Configuration", NEEDS an option for a specific key press. Current option allows only "Any key". To avoid curious hands from children or accidental key press on a keyboard, please implement "CRTL-ESC" or "ALT-TAB" key press to Power on from a PS/2 or USB Keyboard.

<edit>.
    It would be a nice feature,end really helpful. So sad that wont get even a reply from Asrock.<edit>

</edit>

This is why I will not buy another ASROCK motherboard!
    Intel I7 2600 CPU
    Asrock Fatality 1 Motherboard
    G.Skill 8 GB Rijaws PC-17000 DDR 3 Ram
    Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
    EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified 3 GB Video Card
    Crucial 128 GB SATA 3-6 GB SSD Drive (Windows 7 Installed)
    2 300 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor Drives (SATA 2)
    Blu-Ray Drive
    DVD/Burner Drive
    PSU/Cooler Master 850 Watt
    Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case

Stop whining boy.
    Nobody will care about your imagined "problems".
    You don't understand how LLC works.
    Second issue I won't comment...

Who you calling boy?!

Care to enlighten us on how LLC works on the Z68 extreme 4?
    It was a suggestion to include an option to disable LLC altogether in UEFI. Other manufacturers have an option to disable LLC so why not on the Asrock UEFI? It can be done. I know how LLC works, so spare me your explanation. I just want an OFF setting. I don't like LLC enabled and I want it off altogether. It's just my preference.

And what problem are you talking about that is being imagined?

You have nothing worthwhile to say about the 1st issue, nor did you have anything worthwhile to contribute to the 2nd issue.
    So you have nothing worthwhile to add to "Suggested changes to Asrock Bios" at all.
    Do I smell a troll?

Is it so bad that we, the users, would like to see improvements in UEFI?
    Improvements that would allow us greater flexibility and usage?

Just because you are on the interwebs safe at home, doesn't give you an excuse to be rude to other people. Would you talk to someone like that face to face?
    Last edited by jayc72; 08-09-2011 at 09:41 PM.

You claim thay you know how LLC works? OK. Then explain that to everyone smart guy. Do not forget to show the differences between Level 5 and Level 1.
    I am listening.

Raider,

Why are you so negative towards the person's comments in reference to the BIOS? Are you so miserable in your life that you have to come onto this forum in an unprofessional way and spread your misery? His posted comments were in no way negative. In fact, my comment was more negative than his was. Really, if you can't say anything nice about the person that you are attacking, then how about not saying anything at all. I hope you life improves and along with that your attitude towards other people. Take care.

Last edited by Sharkycsi; 08-09-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Sentance structure
    Intel I7 2600 CPU
    Asrock Fatality 1 Motherboard
    G.Skill 8 GB Rijaws PC-17000 DDR 3 Ram
    Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
    EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified 3 GB Video Card
    Crucial 128 GB SATA 3-6 GB SSD Drive (Windows 7 Installed)
    2 300 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor Drives (SATA 2)
    Blu-Ray Drive
    DVD/Burner Drive
    PSU/Cooler Master 850 Watt
    Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case

Because he thinks he is the most important person in the world and after he recived no response from any ASRock represent here he starts his talk "How ASRock is bad" - pathetic.

If he want some attention from manufacturer side there are simpler way to contact them via ASRock website.

About LLC he only think how it works. If he really knew he won't post complain about it.

I am agresive - true. But only for people that can't use google, forum search engine, users manual and their own brain.

Quote Originally Posted by radier View Post
    If he want some attention from manufacturer side there are simpler way to contact them via ASRock website.
    I thought this is the official forum of Asrock,like its posted on their website...

Thread Information