Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: N7AD-SLI Memory Issues

Default N7AD-SLI Memory Issues

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade from 4Gb to 8Gb RAM on my N7AD-SLI mobo.

I have 2x2Gb Kingston sticks in there at the moment & bought some Corsair 2Gb sticks.
    (Part number VS2GB800D2).

If I remove my Kingston memory & replace it with the Corsair's then my system will not boot. :(
    (I also tried some other RAM, forgot the name brand right now, but it failed to boot too)

BIOS is at Rev 1.30 which I believe is the latest revision.

I am really stuck, don't understand why it won't accept the Corsair's.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: N7AD-SLI Memory Issues

Hello
    Try to insert a single Corsair module and check all 4 slots. If it works on some slots, check all your 4 Corsair modules independently (one by one) on that slot. If single module works but dual not, try to use Kingston and Corsair altogether! If that fails too, interchange their position as a last resort.

How did you cleared the CMOS? Have you disconnected the power before CMOS-clear? If not, You may havn't really cleared it!
    The general way to clear cmos is:
    1- Disconnect main,
    2- Press the power button once (in order to flush any remaining input capacitor charges)
    3- Either, press cmos-clear button, (or) short-circuit the related jumper, or take away the battery for an hour, whichever possible for the board.

Default Re: N7AD-SLI Memory Issues

Yeah, since I wrote that I've tried just one stick of the Corsairs in, and it fails to boot no matter what slot i put it in.

It just seems to like the Kingstons LOL I'm going to order 2 of the same part number that's in it now.
    Hopefully they'll work!

Cheers!

Thread Information