Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: stumped after new build n68c-s ucc, first boot fails, but 2nd boot works?

Question stumped after new build n68c-s ucc, first boot fails, but 2nd boot works? [SOLVED]

my first bootup of the n68c-s ucc I got no post screen, just orange light on the monitor, but the machine turns on and everything sounds normal. So I thought nothing of it and tried again and it booted successfully.

but every first boot after it does the same blank screen, i have to turn it off and turn it on again to get it to boot, I have no idead why ?

also as i'm still waiting for my dd3 ram to arrive (1066, assume that'll work) i'm using the ddr2-800 from the old machine, because it said it supports both ddr2/ddr3. accept it's only running @ 533, any ideas?

btw the cpu is a phenom ii x2 b55 6mb if that helps.

edit, ok figured out the ram issue, found setting in bios and changed to 800mhz, now it's running at the correct speed but the 1st boot problem still exists, i've unplugged fans, hdds, dvdrws, but still it doesn't show anything on screen the first boot from being off.

basically pc off > switch on > nothing on screen > turn off pc.
    pc off > switch on > stuff on screen > continue to boot.

just like to know if this is a common problem or do I need to send the mobo back and get something else?

my psu is an antec earthwatts EA-650 if that's of any use.

I have 2 sata hdds, 3 ide hdds connected to a pci card, 1xhd6850 & 2 ide dvdrws

anything sound iffy?

the last mobo was an acer oem ecs board with nforce 430 chipset and had the same stuff attached it it and booted fine and that was 4yrs old.
    Last edited by rancorx2; 08-03-2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: problem solved

Default Re: stumped after new build n68c-s ucc, first boot fails, but 2nd boot works?

can anyone offer a reason for the bootup issue or a solution?

edit, problem solved, disabled UCC. Was on by default but didn't unlock anything. Now it boots normally, manual was next to useless, if your going to put all these options in the bios, put them in the freakin manual. geez.
    Last edited by rancorx2; 07-30-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Default Re: stumped after new build n68c-s ucc, first boot fails, but 2nd boot works?

it seems if UCC is enabled and you have a cpu installed that has nothing to unlock, you have yo switch off and switch on again to get the system to boot.

but if you disable UCC the system boots first try.

if you put in a unlockable cpu it also boots first try, as I've just swapped out the phenom II x2 b55 I had installed with a athon II x2 210e and it unlocked to a phenom II x4 910e.

Thread Information