Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I cannot get to my BIOS, on a Z68 Asrock Extreme4.

Default I cannot get to my BIOS, on a Z68 Asrock Extreme4.

hi all.

I am wondering if i could get help in accessing the BIOS on my new motherboards - Asrock Z68 Extreme4.

I am unable to open the BIOS at all: I started my computer hitting F2 and that caused the Asrock boot options page with the image to display and lock on my screen permanently (i.e. without loading Windows,) which seemed good, giving me about 4 options, to hit delete for BIOS, to hit F11 and F6 for screen switch.

However, I hit delete - nothing. F11 nothing, ONly hitting F6 worked, took me to another screen that gave me version numbers, but NOT the BIOS.

Hitting escape did NOT take me out of there. I got quite panicky.

I also tried hitting delete a lot, nothing. So finally i restarted my computer, which did boot properly, loading Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

i'd appreicate any input.
    thanks.
    Last edited by minimal; 08-01-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: I cannot get to my BIOS, on a Z68 Asrock Extreme4.

Instead of hitting F2 at bootup, try pressing the Delete key multiple times to get into the uefi screen.
    Check to make sure your Delete key on the keyboard is working.

Default Re: I cannot get to my BIOS, on a Z68 Asrock Extreme4.

Hi jayc72

It turns out that my mobo does NOT like repeated pressing of the key; as the mobo screen is up, hitting F2 or DEL once, sometimes twice or three times, but slowly, patiently, NOT again and again with conviction, then i am in the BIOS.

thanks anyway.

Thread Information