Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Vision 3D stutters when playing Bluray Movie

Default Vision 3D stutters when playing Bluray Movie

Hi folks,

does anyone know of an issue where the ASRock Vision 3D small HTPC stutters when playing BluRay Movies. It doesn't seem to matter wether it's over my Gig network or when playing locally using the inbuilt Bluray drive. I'm using Cyberlink Power DVD which came with the system as well as XBMC.

The stuttering seems to happen every second where it looks like it pauses at a frame for the smallest amount of time, not a massive pause but enough to notice it, especially since it's every second. It's really evident when the Warner Bros logos at the begining of a movie are shown, these slow moving graphics exagerate this stutter effect. Unfortunatly I don't own a bluray player so I don't know if its just my eyes. could it even be the TV? Should I download the latest drivers for my HTPC, I would normally but since this is a HTPC I didn't want to mess around with OS in any way and hoped that the Drivers were "tried and tested" by ASRock.

I own the Core i3 Vision 3D HTPC with 4GB of RAM and running Windows 7 64Bit
    My TV is a Pioneer 507XDA - Not native 1080P but 1080i - connected to HTPC via HDMI.

many thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by Daveh7; 08-03-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Default Re: Vision 3D stutters when playing Bluray Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Daveh7 View Post
    Hi folks,

does anyone know of an issue where the ASRock Vision 3D small HTPC stutters when playing BluRay Movies. It doesn't seem to matter wether it's over my Gig network or when playing locally using the inbuilt Bluray drive. I'm using Cyberlink Power DVD which came with the system as well as XBMC.

The stuttering seems to happen every second where it looks like it pauses at a frame for the smallest amount of time, not a massive pause but enough to notice it, especially since it's every second. It's really evident when the Warner Bros logos at the begining of a movie are shown, these slow moving graphics exagerate this stutter effect. Unfortunatly I don't own a bluray player so I don't know if its just my eyes. could it even be the TV? Should I download the latest drivers for my HTPC, I would normally but since this is a HTPC I didn't want to mess around with OS in any way and hoped that the Drivers were "tried and tested" by ASRock.

I own the Core i3 Vision 3D HTPC with 4GB of RAM and running Windows 7 64Bit
    My TV is a Pioneer 507XDA - Not native 1080P but 1080i - connected to HTPC via HDMI.

many thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave, I had a similar issue with my older ION330 running Cyberlink Power DVD under Win7 64-bit. However the stuttering was less frequent at about every 5 to 10 second intervals. The issue was fixed by selecting the 'Full Screen' playback mode in the PowerDVD options menu under the Video Section. However I would recommend updating your Video drivers if this doesn't fix the issue aswell as most other drivers. This problem affected different versions of cyberlink powerdvd on different hardware as I recall.

cheers
    Andrew

Default Re: Vision 3D stutters when playing Bluray Movie

Hi Andrew,

playing in full screen mode and downloading latest drivers from nvidia did not help, stuttering still appears.

thanks for the suggestions though.

Dave

Thread Information