hey everyone, so i just setup my new rig and of course when trying to install win 7 x64 there is an issue. I am trying to setup using the raid function on the SB850. Changed the bios to raid mode, setup will load, but when trying to specify the driver to load during the install to recognize the controller it just spits back that no drivers could be found. If i point it at the x86 drivers it recognizes those just fine, but i really am not interested in going backwards. If set the controller mode to AHCI or IDE (which im running right now) boots and installs without issue. Ive downloaded every driver i can find from AMD and AsRock for the 850 controller but none seem to be recognized during the initial installation. I would really like to use the onboard raid instead of my crappy silicon image card which is software raid really.

i even flashed the bios to 1.30 thinking possibly there was some kinda of issue with the rom.

i even went and opened a case wth Asrock and unfortunately little help was given other than make sure the BIOS is set and setup will autodetect the controller...

any help is appreciated thanks.

-steve

Motherboard: AsRock 890GX Pro3
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3.0 Ghz
Memory: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Video: ATI Radeon 5570 2GB GDDR3
LiteOn DVDRW/CDRW
Primary HD: 2x Western Digital 640GB SATA2 (Trying to Mirror)
Power supply: OCZ Fatality Gaming Series 550W Modular
2x 120mm Fans (1 intake, 1 exhaust)
Cooler Master Elite Midtower Silver Case