Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock H67M-ITX/HT remote - short range ???

Default ASRock H67M-ITX/HT remote - short range ???

Greetings !

One more problem with my new mobo (first one is reset behavior):

- Remote control is working only in range of LESS THAN 2 meters. Every distance above that it doesn't work.

I've even tried to use Logitech Harmony 555 remote and distance is a bit higher but only for half a meter or so.

I really don't know is that a "feature" of this remote, or is it some flaw or have I connected something wrong (but I don't see what could be wrong) ?

I'm using Lian LI PC-Q11 case and his front USB port.

I've sent a query to ASRock support a week ago but no answer yet. Can anyone help me ?

Thank you in advance

Default Re: ASRock H67M-ITX/HT remote - short range ???

Dear Matta,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, we will contact you for detail information.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

I've sent you email right away, hope you'll contact me soon, my HTPC is lying useless. :)

Thank you.

Dear Matta,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I have passed your question to our Europe branch, they will contact you recently.

If they still don't contact you, please kindly let me know.

Thanks for your support.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Hi Matta,

Did you get a solution to this problem I am having the same problem.?? Short range. Using the Smart remote with the Z68M-ITX/HT

Yes, but not in ordinary way.

ASRock support contacted me at the end and we tried everything. Final solution was to remove plastic cover from the USB receiver and voila! - range increased dramatically. Therefore - design flaw.
    They offered to send me new USB receiver. New one acted nearly the same (increased range measured in centimeters comparing to first one). When I replied with my findings they told me "that distance is normal range for that receiver".
    I could have asked "is that because plastic cover was poorly designed" but I decided not to mess with them anymore. I use receiver without plastic cover and all good.

Not totally satisfied with this solution (it looks ugly without cover) but it's working. Disappointed with ASRock to be honest...

Thread Information