Hey everyone,

First this is the first time I've been to this forum, even though I've owned an ASRock AMD mobo of some sort for a couple of years now, so it's nice to have some where I can throw questions at people besides Tech Support. I've had an ASRock A780L MicroATX mobo for about 2 years before I went to upgrade, and I loved that aside from the RAM limitations.

Anyway on to my question.

I have an AMD 880G Pro3 ATX Mobo, and have a 945 Deneb Phenom II for the CPU, and 8GB of DDR3 1333 RAM.

I've only had this mobo for a little while (about a day or so) and I've noticed something that sorta scares me coming from the last Mobo. The CPU Multiplier fluctuates wildly when I look at CPU-z or the AXTU software (which I have removed along with AMD Overdrive and AMD Fusion software as well hoping that would alleviate the problem) from the normal 15x it comes stock down to 4x, causing ranges of 800MHz to 3212MHz for the Core speed. Another this is that the G. Skill RAM that I have often gets down graded to 866MHz speed with different clock times then it's supposed to and over volting it at times. I've tried to manually set speeds and clocks but every still seems to fluctuate regardless of what I've done.

Is this normal for this Mobo, or will this eventually damage my Processor and/or RAM and I should return it for a new one?

Thanks for your help in advance!