Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Lucid Virtu Doesn't recognize ANY of my installed games or other programs...?

Angry Lucid Virtu Doesn't recognize ANY of my installed games or other programs...?

I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme4 motherboard + XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition Discrete graphics card. I have the latest Lucid Virtu Green control panel installed (1.2.106).

First thing I noticed was that the documentation included with the motherboard said I should see a "Games" tab with a list of all the games compatible with Virtu + my GFX card. However, in the actual control panel, I just see an "Applications" tab, with only 3 programs listed: Media Converter 7, Media Converter 7 GUI and Media Expresso.

I do realize that the documentation said that the "Games" tab would show only games tested to work with my graphics card and Virtu. But, seriously, NO GAMES are compatible with my brand new graphics card and Virtu?? Is it because the games are installed through Steam?

Even if we're talking about "applications" that should be on the list, I have Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 and it doesn't show up.

The idea of Lucid Virtu and using 2 GPU's was one of the reasons I went with this motherboard...

Has anyone else run into issues like this with Lucid Virtu? I tried searching this forum and Google, but found nothing...

Dave
    Last edited by RRabbi; 08-18-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Default Re: Lucid Virtu Doesn't recognize ANY of my installed games or other programs...?

Hello Dave.

Please let us know if your monitor is connected directly to your graphics card. If it is, from what I've read, Lucid Virtu won't kick in for games, just for applications where it would be more efficient to use the integrated graphics processing from the processor. These applications should appear in the "Applications" tab, which is actually an allow list.

From what I've read, if you're monitor is connected directly to your motherboard and you have a discrete graphics card installed, you will then see a "Games" tab, where you can define applications, including games, that should use the graphics card(s). You should also have a tab where you can select which, if any, installed graphics card(s) should be used instead of the onboard graphics.

As a side note, Lucid's Virtu software seems to lack polish on the front-end, but this (Virtu) isn't the only thing they do, so they do have a proven track with graphics voodoo.

Default Re: Lucid Virtu Doesn't recognize ANY of my installed games or other programs...?

Here's what I see in the documentation:

3.1 i-Mode
    i-Mode provides user with Intel Sandy special features and power saving options when no 3D gaming is used.

To use Lucid VIRTU solution in i-Mode, display must be always connected to Sandy Bridge motherboard video
    output.

Note: Display can be also connected to IPG VGA output instead of IPG DVI output.

3.2 d-Mode

d-Mode is provided for demanding 3D gamers to achieve uncompromised 3D performance of discrete GPU
    installed in the system. In this mode, Virtu allows user to utilize Intel special features such as trascoding, while
    display is connected to discrete GPU.

Note: We recommend you use d-Mode for better 3D performance unless you use Intel Insider feature or the
    power saving i-Mode.

To use Lucid VIRTU solution in d-Mode, display must be connected to discrete GPU installed in the system.

I assumed since I play 3D games, that I'd plug into the discrete GPU... which is what I did, since it says I can still access the Intel transcoding feature... I'm just not sure if it's actually working...

I think I do understand tho, now... I tried Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 tho and even added it to the applications list, but the Lucid Virtu splash thingy didn't pop up... I can't even find the Media Converter 7 on my computer either... maybe I didn't install it... I especially wouldn't if it's just trialware..

It sounds like PowerDirector is best used with your discrete GPU, then.

I believe the three programs listed in the "Applications" tab are trialware. They are listed in mine and I haven't installed them. The programs found in this ASRock link, though, appear to be full versions, and possibly useful.
    ASRock MAGIX Multimedia Suite - The ultimate solutions to enhance your media! by MAGIX

orbeavhawk is offline Junior Member

Question Re: Lucid Virtu Doesn't recognize ANY of my installed games or other programs...?

My Monitor has 2 HDMI Inputs - could I connect my mobo HDMI and my Graphics Card HDMI - BOTH to my monitor and tell Luci software to run using BOTH???

Also, IF I have a discrete card installed and am connected to my Monitor via mobo HDMI........what happens if/when I go to update my Video Card's Drivers?

THANKS, michael

Thread Information