Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M issues

Default Asrock Z68 Pro3-M issues

Hi,

I have many various issues with the board.. could post them later but I'm rather interested if you are still working on BIOS updates for this one and if you know when it will be available and what it will fix?

Shortly.. this board kinda works but it's unreliable.

I'm gonna try 64bit Windows this weekend, maybe that would fix smthg..

Default Re: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M issues

Maybe this was wrong place to ask about new BIOS but anyway I'm still having other problems.

Cold starting computer (after shutdown, not restart) always brings up "BOOTMGR is missing.. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del", anyone else experiencing the same?
    This is with SSD drive as primary (connected into SATA3 0 port). I have another 1TB disk in SATA2 2 port and actually this one pops up as primary in boot menu after entering BIOS due error message ^

Had few other smaller problems but they seem to be history after installing 64bit Windows and drivers.

Didn't manage to test IGPU and Virtu functionality yet but will do soon because it didn't work at all in 32bit environment at least.

Oh yea.. "Turbo 50" feature doesn't work, goes into boot loop.
    "Load Optimized CPU OC setting" can run only at 4GHz because anything higher bumps CPU temp over 70C at 100% load even I have 3 case fans and Noctua cooler. Idle temp is 28C btw. 40+ Celsius increase at 4GHz is not acceptable and I don't know what is it up to? Any 2500k should do 4.5Ghz

what is the detailed specification of your computer?

Did you make a fresh install of Win7 with only SSD (i.e. without any HDD) and with AHCI enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by dolpli View Post
    what is the detailed specification of your computer?

Did you make a fresh install of Win7 with only SSD (i.e. without any HDD) and with AHCI enabled?
    I did install Windows 7 64bit with only SSD AHCI connected into SATA3 port, 1tb HDD was offline.

Yesterday cold start worked for once!? but then again it reset itself after disconnecting power cable from PSU which caused "BOOTMGR missing" message again.

I can also tell you that the most loud component in my PC is mobo southbridge, can clearly hear buzzing in the lower part of mobo

my specs:
    Core i5-2500k + Noctua NH-U9B SE2
    Asrock Z68 Pro3-M BIOS 1.40
    Exeleram 2x2gb ER3006A 1600Mhz CL6
    Asus HD6850 DirectCUV2
    OCZ Vertex 2 120
    Be Quiet! E8-CM 580W
    Last edited by Hubis; 08-23-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: ahci

btw, was your ssd new & clean when installing win7? If yes, then did you do something on the first 100MB partition?

Well, if you have the win7 installation disk, try using the disk to boot up and repair your win7.

SSD wasn't new but it had w7 32bit installed already, and it was working just fine in my previous rig.

I deleted both partitions, system 100mb and the rest, before installing 64bit OS.

Will try win7 repair then, thanks.

Related to this thread, I also would like to know if a new bios will be out very soon. I just bought the extreme 3 gen 3, and it doesnt work for crap except at stock, default settings and speeds. I have 30 days to return it, and it will happen much sooner than that if nothing improves.
    i7 860 @ 4GHz w/Zalman
    MSI p55 GD65, 16gb G.Skill
    EVGA GTX 570 SC
    Corsair HX 750, Antec 900
    WD 1tb Black

i5 750@ 3.6GHz w/H50
    GA-P55A-UD3, 8gb G.Skill
    XFX 6950 unlocked
    Corsair TX 650, Antec 900
    WD 640gb Black

Asrockaa, did you address these issues.. any common problem or is it just my board?

Actually I did run Repair Windows from DVD but it didn't find any problems - nothing to repair.
    However I didn't run it thru CMD manually extracting and rebuilding bootmgr because I didn't want to fix the issue this way.. I know this is normal fine working Windows DVD which is reinstalled few times on previous hard disk + SATA mode selected as AHCI (also tried IDE modes) + SSD drive was the only one attached to mobo while installing.

Instead I updated OCZ Vertex 2 SSD firmware 1.1x --> 1.33 et voilą! aand changed cable SATA3 --> SATA2 but since applied both solutions at same time.. dunno which was affective and I'm lazy now to swap cables again to double check.

VIRTU is still sh**e pardon my language

Thread Information