Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 and RAM timings

Default [SOLVED] ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 and RAM timings

I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 motherboard with 16GB G-Skill F3-12800CL7-8GBXH. The RAM timings spec is 7-8-7-24 but the board set it at 11-11-11-28 using default settings in the UEFI.

Load XMP Setting: Auto
    DRAM Frequency: Auto

If I set the timings manual it won't post.

TIA

[UPDATE: 8/25/2011]
    ASRock contacted then sent me a new BIOS 1.60H. After flashed BIOS, choose XMP Profile 1 it show the correct timings. It's a plus ASRock support acts quickly to resolved this issue. Thanks.
    Last edited by langthang; 08-25-2011 at 09:22 PM. Reason: edit title to [SOLVED]

Default Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 and RAM timings

Update
    I took 2 memory stick out and set XMP setting to Profile 1 then the timing shows correctly in cpuz 7-8-7-24. Swapped with the other sticks and it booted okay with correct timing. Switch to the white slots and it still good. It seems like the memory modules are good. The slots are good. Why it doesn't work with 4 stick? Anyone have this board running with all slots filled with correct memory timing?
    This is my first and last ASRock board. I've wasted couple days searching around to get this thing to work. Should have not listen to Tomís Hardware recommendation and spend a few more bucks for other brand with better support.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-received.html

Thread Information