Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ Motherboard Hangs

Thumbs up Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ Motherboard Hangs

It didn't freeze today and I was installing a bunch of programs. There were two things I did to stop the freezing. Note, I do not know if they actually helped, it is just the computer has yet to crash today, and in prior days, it would have.

First, I moved the location of the desktop background images slide show. I'd loaded those from another computer and put them into my Dropbox directory. Maybe having those files "in the cloud" freaked out Windows.

Second, I noticed my DDR3 1600 memory was being run as 1333 (the auto setting in the BIOS). I up'ed them to 1600.

So one (or both or none) of those helped things. We shall see if it continues not to hang.

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ Motherboard Hangs

I hope your problem is solved too. But, what was that 85 ˚C temperature in sandra? How much were your other temperatures?

Lightbulb Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ Motherboard Hangs

Quote Originally Posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
    I hope your problem is solved too. But, what was that 85 ˚C temperature in sandra? How much were your other temperatures?
    I got a cryptic message back from ASRocks about the temperature. They told me to ignore the AUXTIN temperature as it is not a valid temperature.

As for my freezing problem, I worked all day on the computer doing some processor intensive Matlab stuff and there were no crashes. i could put back the memory to "auto" or put the desktop images back in the DropBox folder and see if that causes things to start crashing again.

Thumbs down Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ Motherboard Hangs

Well, after months of having no issues, the problem is back again, or not. A few days ago, I tried to work on the computer and it hung after only 5 minutes or so. When I got it running again, one of my disk drives and CD/DVD drive disappeared from the list of drives. They were gone, and it kept on freezing after ~5 minutes or so. Well, I was busy, so I shut the computer down to work with it when I had time (this weekend). Now that I have time, when I powered it up, everything seems to be fine. The missing drive and DVD are back and it seems to be running fine. WTF? This is really getting to me. It only seems to fail when I don't have time to test things.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Doug4.7; 12-18-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Default Re: ASRock 990FX Extreme4 AM3+ Motherboard Hangs

Maybe software level problem. After months, windows needs refresh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information