Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ASROCK z68 Pro3 Windows stops installing seeking drivers not found

Default ASROCK z68 Pro3 Windows stops installing seeking drivers not found

Hello!

That MB with i7K 14 GB ram. 2 optical drives. 1 ssd (future c:) plus more HDs not connected to the sata ports. GPU GeForce 8800 GT (not currently installed)

At first,with all the elements installed it wouldn't get to the splash screen!. Blank. SAD.

Unhooked everything and pulled out GPU got splash screen and BIOS!

Everything looked good from there. Put two optical and the ssd drives on line. All good there. Slipped in win7pro64.... nadda! well... I did the great "Windows is loading file...." screen! Then to the Install Windows 7. Then the next screen is:

"A required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I put in the ASROCK installation disk, I down loaded, burned and put in a disk with all the new drivers from the ASROCK site and put that one in.... NOTHING.

There is a 'scan' button and there is nothing on the disks. There is a browse button too. I looked around and the disks show up with files... just now whatever it is that WINDOWS's is looking for at that point.

HELP!

Thanks.

Default Re: ASROCK z68 Pro3 Windows stops installing seeking drivers not found

I have tried more:
    I have taken out every card. I have switched the remaining optical and SSD to SATA2 ports. I even took the SSD off line and replaced it with a HHD.

I also flashed the BIOS.

At every instance I get brought back to the same needing driver page early on in Win7Pro64 install.

My rig:
    BOX: Fractal Design R3 white ATX Mid Tower
    MB: ASRock z68 Pro3
    CPU: i7 2600k
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4 16GB
    Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus
    PSU: SeaSonic s1211 520w
    SSD: OCZ solid 3 120GB
    Optical drives: 1 BlueRay; 1 DVD
    HDD: 5; 2 2T, 2 1.5T, 1 .5T

Thank You!

Default Re: ASROCK z68 Pro3 Windows stops installing seeking drivers not found

A bit more to my saga. I write since others may find themselves in a similar position.

The OS, Win7Pro-64, I was working from is from a download -no disk purchased from the microsoft store. I figured that was on potential problem. Perhaps the download went bad, perhaps my unzipping it went wrong somehow, perhaps forming the bootable DVD, and later the bootable USB blew up.

I went to microsoft technical assistance and after the walked me through the whole procedure of making a bootable USB stick they offered to send me a replacement media set. That will be here in a day or so; I will find out much at that point.

The only other potential problem is the motherboard it self. As it does boot into BIOs and partially into the WIN7Pro-64 install, as it also actually recognizes all the HHDs, SSD, and optical drives, RAM, and when I am at the stall point in the install process I can browse my old HDDs, I am figuring the motherboard is a-okay.

Although I do have to ask if there is anything else I can to to see if that is true. Some test or a BIOS runnable diagnostic to check the health of the motherboard.

Another question is: What about a Unbuntu install? What if I did a live install?

Well, I'll add whatever information I get to this thread, as it might be helpful to others.

Thanks for reading.

Thread Information