Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 890FX Deluxe5 - Cannot keep track of boot drive. Latest Bios 1.5 not helping

Default 890FX Deluxe5 - Cannot keep track of boot drive. Latest Bios 1.5 not helping

Out-of-the-gate Tangent: What's with no info on what the bios update is fixing? C'mon, Asrock!

Everything is working great, except after assigning priority to the Hitachi (C: Drive, Windows 7 64-Bit) and then selecting it as first boot option (and only boot option) it instead picks another HD and tells me to insert a valid boot disc *or* just an endless flashing underscore depending on which random drive the MB pics to try to boot.

If I do an f-11 to go directly into a boot menu, I keep picking the Hitachi with similar results. Sometimes, I will pick the wrong thing on purpose and that will work....or it won't and after a couple of times I try the Hitachi again and it works.

So, rebooting or firing up the computer is a huge hassle, otherwise the board is wonderful in all ways.

Anyone have similar problem or know of why this might be happening? Thanks!

By the way, if a processor only has 6 cores, how can you overclock it to have a magical additional core? I might try to overclock once everything is working right.

Default Re: 890FX Deluxe5 - Cannot keep track of boot drive. Latest Bios 1.5 not helping

Hey all....nothing for this?

Thread Information