Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

Default Re: E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

Hello Guys. Same problem here. Asrock 970 Extreme 4. Canīt see anything up to Windows Logon Screen with Display connected via DVI. Vie VGA its possible to see everything. But thereīs another problem: The graphic adapter doesnt work correctly. Drivers are installed correctly, Win7 says, but Resolution doesnt fit (right resolution, but picture blurs). What do you think?

Make sure you have the monitor turned on, set it to the right input, and wait 5 seconds. Then power on the computer.

I have the same problem. I use this MB in a HTPC connected to my plasma TV via HDMI. During Boot or in the UEFI what appears on the screen is is very distroted. I have to attach the system to a regular LCD monitor to configure the UEFI/BIOS. The HTPC displays fine once Windows 7 has booted.

You might try updating the bios. See if you're below version 1.50 (usually on the boot screen or listed in the bios.) Altho I don't see any remarks in the bios notes about your situation, you might still try it. They caution people on updating bioses, but if your motherboard is still guaranteed what do you have to lose? Another thing to remember is to have the tv switched on and to the right input 5 seconds before booting.

Same issue for me. Sharp CE37FD47 LCD connected to an E350M1/USB3 - updated BIOS to 1.50. If I use the VGA input of the LCD (disconnect HDMI and DVI) then I get POST and Ububtu just fine. If I connect the DVI then I do not get POST (or UEFI if I press del/F2) but I do get the starting flashing caret from ubuntu and the ubuntu starting splash screen - i.e. just the POST missing. If I connect HDMI then worryingly I do not get sync at all, not even when ubuntu boots to the desktop - however, if I connect DVI & HDMI both to the LCD (but select HDMI input - i.e. DVI is purely connected in not selected) then HDMI will again miss post but show the splash booting of ubuntu.

Something must be amiss here as the VGA input works fine on the same monitor. I must point out that I am using this board to replace an a4M78 which worked perfectly on HDMI only. My PC also boots fine with a DVI to HDMI lead too.

I have simply used the VGA to configure the BIOS and left it be. However this doesnt help when I need to use F11 and choose an alternative boot source.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information