Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

Default E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

The only way I can use UEFI or see the boot splash/post screen is if I use VGA. The DVI and HDMI connections do not display anything until Windows boots. As far as I can tell, there's no way to force DVI/HDMI to be used first. Have I missed something?

Default Re: E350M1 and DVI/HDMI can't use UEFI/see post screen

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to figure it out?

I opened a ticket with ASRock about it, and they issued an RMA. When I get the replacement motherboard I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

Dear all,

I did the test with BENQ GL223QM monitor, but I cannot see the symptom.

If possible, please kindly change another monitor to check whether the symptom still occur.

Or please kindly provide the detail model name of your monitor for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

ASRock received my board today, so I can't troubleshoot anything. I have a Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C/T/5HB monitor, in case you want to buy one and test it.

I had a similar problem with my Extreme4 motherboard and the DP port - it turned out that I had to manually switch my monitor to the correct input.

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear all,

I did the test with BENQ GL223QM monitor, but I cannot see the symptom.

If possible, please kindly change another monitor to check whether the symptom still occur.

Or please kindly provide the detail model name of your monitor for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    I have a Samsung LN46A630M1F.

I've tried everything. Removed hard drives, one of my RAM sticks, and optical drive. Rebooted again. Still no signal. The USB ports recognize my wireless mouse, the case fans run, the processor coiling fan runs, the optical drive bay opens, but no signal from the HDTV. I'm tempted to go buy an HDMI to VGA cable but the point of building my own htpc was to control the budget, so that just adds cost and I'll never use it once I'm able to see the BIOS and set them up to use an HDTV, if that even works.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    I had a similar problem with my Extreme4 motherboard and the DP port - it turned out that I had to manually switch my monitor to the correct input.
    Did you have to manually change the monitor in the BIOS? I'm booting for the first time and don't have a VGA monitor so I'm unable to see the BIOS screen on my initial boot.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    Did you have to manually change the monitor in the BIOS? I'm booting for the first time and don't have a VGA monitor so I'm unable to see the BIOS screen on my initial boot.
    No - nothing to do with the BIOS. The monitor didn't switch inputs automatically like I was expecting. I had to manually cycle through the monitor's various inputs (vga, dvi, hdmi, dp) by pressing the input select button on the monitor itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianW View Post
    No - nothing to do with the BIOS. The monitor didn't switch inputs automatically like I was expecting. I had to manually cycle through the monitor's various inputs (vga, dvi, hdmi, dp) by pressing the input select button on the monitor itself.
    It sounds like your problem was not picking the correct monitor input. I had the correct input selected. I have a motherboard issue, which is why ASRock issued me an RMA and is swapping out my motherboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information