Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 problems

Default Re: Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 problems

Quote Originally Posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
    Dear andicole0,

The latest BIOS of Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is L1.12.

Could you tell me what symptom do you encounter?

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily
    Hi Emily, Yes I suffer from the inverted mouse problem and had v1.12 from tech support last week, my mouse is still inverted when using the UEFI, in Windows it's fine.

Cheers.

Andi.
    Intel Core i7 3770K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 16GB Corsair Vengence, OCZ Agility 3 360GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX680 SLI. 2 x DVDRW.
    Win 7 SP1. Logitech Z5450, Corsair H60, Zalman Level 10 GT Case.

Dear Andi,

Please kindly provide the model name of your mouse for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Dear Andi,

Please kindly provide the model name of your mouse for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily
    I usea Logitech G400 on a USB 2 port. I received 1.12A from tech support this morning and the mouse still goes up for left and left for up. It is fine in Windows.

Cheers.

Andi.
    Intel Core i7 3770K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 16GB Corsair Vengence, OCZ Agility 3 360GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX680 SLI. 2 x DVDRW.

HI, i have registered just to add to the growing list of users with PCI card problem.
    mine is also the Creative X-fi extremegamer. No sound at all and intermittent 'clicking' sound from the speaker. System seems to detect it as a valid card, everything shows, in the control panel and also allows me to choose default device in control panel->sounds.. but when i select this card it just will not output any sound.

Have tried plenty of ways
    1. reinstall the drivers, re-sit the card (at least 3-5 times)
    2. disable onboard sound in bios as well as in windows
    3. reinstall LATEST (include new beta driver) from creative.

Looking at the complaints compiled, it quite obvious that something is wrong and many users are not ready to live with onboard sound because we have dedicated cards. Hope ASRock can look into this asap and liaises u with the company to release the driver to patch this thing up.

My account is posted here;
    Asrock Mobo Owners' Klub at HWZone (AMOK@HWZ) - Page 16 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Dear ASRock TSDI have tested today the beta BIOS but without luck. Thank you for the efforts.With best regards,Gustav

I had posted this in a separate thread but no response there so I will add to this one regarding my PCI soundcard not working. I know we're not the only people facing problems getting certain PCI cards to work properly with this board.

I have a PCI soundcard which is the m-audio 2496 which I want to use instead of the onboard sound. After installing my card and the latest drivers for Win7 64bit SP1 (I'm running Win7Pro 64bit), the card is present in device manager and 'Device is working properly' message looks good. I cannot, however, get any sound from the card and I'm completely confused as to why. I've disabled onboard sound in BIOS and I have tried previous drivers that I had working on my old PC (same OS version) but it's still not working. I even thought it was a problem with my card so I bought another exact same card and I'm getting exactly the same issue. I have retested both cards and they are working in another system. I have also tested the audio cable from the card to my amplifier and that is working. Please help!!!

-edit- I have also tried CMOS clear, reinstalling windows and same problem. I have retested the card once again in my other system (MSI P67 board, 2500K CPU, Win7 64bit) and it works fine there. I'm guessing there's something dodgy going on with the PCI slot on my Extreme7 but it's a weird one as the card is recognised, the drivers load up fine but simply no sound coming from it.

Let's give Asrock some time to resolve this but pls do actively try to find the root cause and solve it soon.. at least we have onboard sound for the moment.

And of course not forgetting the inverted mouse problem. but somehow i guess people can live with it because we are so used to using the keyboard to access the bios.
    Last edited by koroshiya8; 09-22-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Dear all,

About PCI sound card issue, please kindly update BIOS L1.21 from below link to try.
    Link: http://download.asrock.com/bios/1155...en3(L1.21).zip

After you test the BIOS, please kindly help to provide your test result for me.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Not to distract from the sound card issue, but I have been sent v 1.12C which resolves my inverted mouse issue.

Many thanks Asrock.

Andi.

Dear all,

About PCI sound card issue, please kindly update BIOS L1.21 from below link to try.
    Link: http://download.asrock.com/bios/1155/Z68 Extreme7 Gen3(L1.21).zip

After you test the BIOS, please kindly help to provide your test result for me.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily
    Hi Emily, i got a similar link to update my bios to 1.21 and YES, finally after days of trying... this bios works and now my PCI sound card is working. thanks to the team for resolving this !!! Kudos.

Free File Hosting & Video Downloads, Free File Sharing, Online Friends Network - Ziddu

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information