Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: E350M1 Motherboard, Initial Boot No Signal Detected on HDTV

Default E350M1 Motherboard, Initial Boot No Signal Detected on HDTV

Hi. I just built my first HTPC and took great care to read many blog posts in advance. Everything was going well as a result. I turned it on, the fans ran, sounds like the HDD is running, the USB ports detect my wireless mouse, but I can't get to the BIOS screen because my Samsung HDTV connected by HDMI to HDMI is showing no signal detected. I don't own a monitor and would rather not spend more money on a VGA adapter if that's not the problem.

I removed one stick of RAM. No luck. I disconnected the SSD. No luck. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!! Here's my setup:

HTPC CASE SILVERSTONE GD05B RT
    MB ASROCK|E350M1/USB3 E350 M1 R
    PSU SEASONIC|SS-300ET Bronze 300W
    SSD 40G|INTEL SSDSA2CT040G3B5 320 R
    HDD 1.5T|SAMSUNG HD155UI 32M
    MEM 4Gx2|G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT
    DVD BRN ASUS | DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS
    FAN COOLERMASTER|R4-S8R-20AK-GP R
    KB LOGITECH | K750

Default Re: E350M1 Motherboard, Initial Boot No Signal Detected on HDTV

Hi. I have a similair problem with my 880GM-LE with an HDTV. It seems only not to work on a "cold boot" when it wasn't used for a while, and the windows vista logo eventually appears in the boot process. If you shut it off and reboot after it's warmed up, maybe you can get to the bios screen. I too am waiting for a response and I hope a bios update fixes it, but right now it just about works for my htpc purposes. Are you using an hdmi cable with a dvi-hdmi adapter because that's what I'm using? I'm using the same type of memory altho mine is Patriot. There are a lot of timings for the memory, most of which were set wrong by default of those I could read off the memory. There are more memory timings which I don't know how to set. Perhaps someone will elaborate and maybe this is causing the problem. Of course, if you can't get to your bios screens, you can't set the timings.
    Last edited by ladlers; 10-04-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added memory reference

Hi again. What I actually then found is if you first turn on the tv, set the input to hdmi (or whatever the computer input is), and wait 5 seconds, turn the computer on after this. I think you'll get the bios boot screen.

There are a lot of timings for the memory, most of which were set wrong by default of those I could read off the memory. There are more memory timings which I don't know how to set. Perhaps someone will elaborate and maybe this is causing the problem.

Thread Information